[FNZ] Role Madness Final Fantasy XVI Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
@Ratchet the main comment i had on the setup is the town's self deflector (fuji's role). that role is incredibly swingy. if he deflects mafia kill back to the scum team it's both a protect and a vig shot.

in higurashi our was cucked by a similar ability, albeit a bit stronger i guess. my suggestion for this setup wud be to show the full role flips of the dead players + maybe change fuji's ability to a redirect instead of a deflect. if you want to add an extra vanilla i suppose its fine too
I don't really agree re: Fuji's role. I think in most cases it's actually a bit weaker than a redirector - a redirector only needs to guess the killer, whereas the buck passer needs to be targeted with a kill to move it, and then move it onto scum. It is still a strong role, but town had very limited protection - the iron, the rolecrusher and that was it. So being able to defend from kills served as a tertiary protector. It is conditionally very strong though, I agree.

As for flips not being revealed, I prefer doing it this way because it prevents mechanical solving from being at the forefront. I appreciate that it does lead to element of confusion, and in most games the role name is enough anyway, but here I wanted flips to not be too informative. It also gave you the option to lie about what you received, if you saw fit.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I don't really agree re: Fuji's role. I think in most cases it's actually a bit weaker than a redirector - a redirector only needs to guess the killer, whereas the buck passer needs to be targeted with a kill to move it, and then move it onto scum. It is still a strong role, but town had very limited protection - the iron, the rolecrusher and that was it. So being able to defend from kills served as a tertiary protector. It is conditionally very strong though, I agree.

As for flips not being revealed, I prefer doing it this way because it prevents mechanical solving from being at the forefront. I appreciate that it does lead to element of confusion, and in most games the role name is enough anyway, but here I wanted flips to not be too informative. It also gave you the option to lie about what you received, if you saw fit.
my main gripe i had with the deflector is fuji has another PR, a motion detector. when you give town ways to self peel it becomes hard to get rid of them. investigative roles shouldnt have ways to move kills away from them imo. they need to get protected by others, not be a one man army imo.

if fuji's deflector only works on others it'd be weaker. i.e he cant self target with it. that just makes it a better busdriver, but it wud be easier to play around, as in that case i can block fuji and kill who he is deflecting from. the way it is set up now i cant even block fuji as his deflector works first

the redirector i was referring to wud be a limited redirector that cannot make the target self-target. i.e fuji cant target me and make me kill myself. even a normal redirector is strong but its a tad weaker than this version of deflector

in terms of strength it goes deflector that can self target > redirector that can make the target self target > normal deflector > normal redirector. with the redirector generally being stronger in late game, and the deflector being overall strong at every stage

as for the flips, i feel like having full flips helps town a bit if you feel like the setup was too harsh for town. i didnt need to lie much about my role since none of the abilities i had were really scummy. i was 90% truthful about what i said about my role, except i claimed to gain 1 shots of the abilities i absorb and not 1 cycle cooldown

Emil

Certified Memelord
@Red Night looks like u got outed in a bizarre way. thats the second time someone fakes a result on you lol. if u had truly flipped town luka wuda been a goner. i think he was only this confident because he is counterclaiming you, more than actually catching u doing the kill. the funny thing is town did not have a watcher in this setup, you might have gotten away with it if u claimed watcher instead of tracker lol

@Fujishiro did u not think luka was lying about his track since u made everything come to you lol?

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
if fuji's deflector only works on others it'd be weaker. i.e he cant self target with it. that just makes it a better busdriver, but it wud be easier to play around, as in that case i can block fuji and kill who he is deflecting from. the way it is set up now i cant even block fuji as his deflector works first
He could only self target though. A roleblock would stop his deflection too, the only reason a lightning rod wasn't affected was because it would be drawing a block into itself, creating a paradox, and so for consistency I had lightning rod resolve first. If you had blocked Fuji his buck passer would have failed.

Emil

Certified Memelord
He could only self target though. A roleblock would stop his deflection too, the only reason a lightning rod wasn't affected was because it would be drawing a block into itself, creating a paradox, and so for consistency I had lightning rod resolve first. If you had blocked Fuji his buck passer would have failed.
oh i didnt know u process blocks before deflections. that leaves some counterplay atleast

I was confused as to what happened to my lightning rod because I didnt die and then Luka and Red Night had results so I was like whatever lmao.
u were that eager to bite the dust werent u lol

the way the roles interact is funny. melkor dies for your sins lol

oh i didnt know u process blocks before deflections. that leaves some counterplay atleast

u were that eager to bite the dust werent u lol

the way the roles interact is funny. melkor dies for your sins lol
Because Day 1 I didnt do much and wanted to protect my stronger town reads, funnily enough I mentioned wanting to protect you from getting shot.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Oh whoops, forgot I had you on ignore lol. Just saw your other post.
tbf there isnt much to discuss cuz we werent both town. i was clearly insincere in my arguments lol

that aside, if u wanted to discuss or point me at where u felt i stepped over the line im willing to listen

how wud u have played that day if our roles were reversed?
That's an unexpected question. I def would have killed Fuji. So probably in a similar position. I'd have to think on it.

I'd probably setup myself as the town investigation source after losing Fuji. Maybe continue to push the town into a no lynch then just push everything on my slot with the unconfirmed vanilla. Claim a roleblock resulting in no kill. Just keep the town invested in extending into trusting night actions that I could control.

Last edited:

Emil

Certified Memelord
That's an unexpected question. I def would have killed Fuji. So probably in a similar position. I'd have to think on it.
i see. i was more asking about how wud u approach the day itself in terms of misrepresting my posts or flowers posts if u decide to pursue her instead

generally showing confidence makes a person seem town here. alot of the times people who talk the loudest have their way. it doesnt always work but its pretty solid when a good portion of the players in games here wont have time to read thread so they see a confident person and follow them.

part of faking confidence is posturing. ive done that so many times last day. id imagine ud be posturing more if our roles were swapped, unless thats not ur style of play

i see. i was more asking about how wud u approach the day itself in terms of misrepresting my posts or flowers posts if u decide to pursue her instead

generally showing confidence makes a person seem town here. alot of the times people who talk the loudest have their way. it doesnt always work but its pretty solid when a good portion of the players in games here wont have time to read thread so they see a confident person and follow them.

part of faking confidence is posturing. ive done that so many times last day. id imagine ud be posturing more if our roles were swapped, unless thats not ur style of play
Thats funny, because those are usually the people I read as scum the easiest lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.