[FNZ] Role Madness Final Fantasy XVI Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I bet Ekko had fun claiming Clive and getting away with it.
Too much power for one player in my opinion, but he won it by play.

I am sorry I chose wrong but I couldn't believe town was so weak regarding the roles.
He played well. I would be pissed if it only came down to claim and role, but it didn’t.

Anyway, I bet Ekko had fun claiming Clive and getting away with it.
Too much power for one player in my opinion, but he won it by play.

I am sorry I chose wrong but I couldn't believe town was so weak regarding the roles.
It happens. Especially once you have someone new in the mix that no one has a good read on, that comes with a reputation.
Its been very tempting for me to just join a new place without my usual user. Because once people have an impression that you're suppose to be a very good player, it colors a lot of how "well they could just be tricking me". Rather than taking things at more face value.

Also I don’t mind SK wins in general. The only time I would have was with Gad in MHA when I tunneled him for 2 days, but Town lynched him anyway. It‘s a hard wincon, but also hard to catch them as they can play like Town. Wiping Mafia feels good as well.

Also I don’t mind SK wins in general. The only time I would have was with Gad in MHA when I tunneled him for 2 days, but Town lynched him anyway. It‘s a hard wincon, but also hard to catch them as they can play like Town. Wiping Mafia feels good as well.
For sure. My only regret this game is letting up after the Day 2 lynch. I should have continued to play hard. But with my birthday happening and my better half having so many little plans of things to do, I didn't invest the quality of care I should have.

It happens. Especially once you have someone new in the mix that no one has a good read on, that comes with a reputation.
Its been very tempting for me to just join a new place without my usual user. Because once people have an impression that you're suppose to be a very good player, it colors a lot of how "well they could just be tricking me". Rather than taking things at more face value.
You should meet Gram. You two have the same play styles. At least you were obvious non Mafia and got mislynched off SK spec.

For sure. My only regret this game is letting up after the Day 2 lynch. I should have continued to play hard. But with my birthday happening and my better half having so many little plans of things to do, I didn't invest the quality of care I should have.
Rl comes first, so dw about it. I was too busy myself, but subbing out would have been awful at the stage, so you have to make do with the time you can invest.

Setup & Night Actions New

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Game Setup:

Town Roles:
Sir Wade
Town Vanilla
Town - Eliminate all threats to the Town.
Vanilla - You have no active or passive ablities.
Midadol "Mid" Telamon
Town Vanilla
Anabella Rosfield
Town Vanilla
Hugo Kupka
Town Dominant (Titan)
Dominant (Titan) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Iron - You can activate this to make yourself immune to destructive effects over the night phase it is activated in.
Bodyguard - You may target a player at Night. If that player is targeted by an otherwise successful kill during the same night, you will die in their place. 1 cycle cooldown.
Captain - You may target a player, and force them to vote for a player of your choosing the following Day Phase. If they refuse, they will become Voteless during the next day phase. If this action would prevent majority from being reached, the following Day Phase will be skipped. 2 cycle cooldown.​
Martha
Town Vanilla
Gav
Town 3-Shot Tracker

3-Shot Tracker - During the Night Phase, you may target a player, receiving results indicating who that player targeted, if any. You may use this ability up to 3 times in the game.
Barnabas Tharmr
Town Dominant (Odin)

Town - Eliminate all theats to the Town.
Dominant (Odin) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Mark - You may target a player, marking them for the rest of the game. That player will not be made aware that they have been marked.​
Zantetsuken - You may target a player that has been marked, killing them. You may target only one player in any given usage. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Gungnir - You may upgrade a mark that is on a player. If that player is later targeted with Zantetsuken, Zantetsuken becomes Unstoppable (Immune to failure).​
Benedikta Harman
Town Dominant (Garuda)

Town - Eliminate all threats to the Town
Dominant (Garuda) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Spy - You may at night investigate a target, receiving results indicating if that player used an ability during the night phase.
Buck Passer - During the Night Phase, you may target a player. All actions that target you that night will affect your target instead. 1 cycle cooldown.
Lightning Rod - At Night, you may activate this to redirect all actions taken that night towards yourself. This will not bypass immunities. 2 cycle cooldown.​
Dion Lesage
Town Dominant (Bahamut)

Dominant (Bahamut) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Noble - You may activate this ability at Night. The following Day Phase, your vote will be treated as 2.
Motivator - You may activate this ability over the Night Phase. By targeting a player, the following Night Phase after targeting them, that player may use an active ability of theirs, if any, twice during the same Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.
Role Crusher - You may target a player at Night, removing any active or passive abilities that player has for the duration of the phase. 2 cycle cooldown.​

Mafia Roles:
Cid Telamon
Mafia Dominant (Ramuh)
Mafia - Eliminate all threats to the Mafia.
Dominant (Ramuh) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Bus Driver - You may target two players at Night. All actions that target the first will affect the second, and vice versa.
Redirector - You may select two players, a primary target and a secondary target. All actions taken by the primary target will affect the secondary target for the duration of the Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.
Unstoppable - If Cid makes the Mafia factional kill, the kill becomes Unstoppable (Immune to failure). 2 cycle cooldown.​
Joshua Rosfield
Mafia Dominant (Phoenix)

Dominant (Phoenix) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Doctor - You may protect a player at night. If that player is targeted by a destructive ability over this night, that ability will fail.
Ninja - If Joshua makes the factional kill, he will be immune to investigations that report motion or pertain to action results. You may not self-target. (i.e Watcher, Tracker etc). 1 cycle cooldown.
Flames of Rebirth - If Joshua is killed the Night that this has been used, the effect of the kill will be undone, protecting Joshua instead. 2 cycle cooldown.
Jill Warrick
Mafia Dominant (Shiva)

Dominant (Shiva) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Roleblocker - You may target a player at night, preventing them from using their active abilities.​
Untouchable - You may activate this at Night, making yourself immune to all abilities targeting you during the Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Vote Freezer - You may target a player at Night. That player will be informed that they are unable to cast votes the following Day Phase. If this results in a scenario where Majority cannot be reached, the Day Phase will be skipped. 2 cycle cooldown.​

Serial:
Clive Rosfield
Serial Evolving Killer Dominant (Ifrit)

Serial - You win when you are the last player alive.

Evolving Killer - For every dominant that dies, up to a total of 3, your kill will be upgraded. You may only use your kill at night. At game start, your kill is a 24 hour Poison. This means that if you target a player Night 1, they will succumb to poison at the end of Night 2. You are told that if that player is targeted by a protective ability either during Night 1 or Night 2, they will survive the poison. After the first dominant dies, your kill will become a dedicated factional kill, that you may use once per night phase. After two dominants die, your kill becomes immune to blocking (prevantative) abilities. After 3 dominants die, your kill becomes Unstoppable.

Dominant (Ifrit) - For every dominant that dies, you will gain one ability of theirs that has no cooldown attached to it. This ability will becomes yours to use, but will gain a 1 cycle cooldown between uses. A message will be posted to the thread upon the death of the dominant, announcing that Clive has absorbed the aether of <Eikon>.

Shiva - Roleblocker - You may target a player at night, preventing them from using their active abilities. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Titan - Iron - You can activate this to make yourself immune to destructive effects over the night phase it is activated in. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Ramuh - Bus Driver - You may target two players at Night. All actions that target the first will affect the second, and vice versa. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Phoenix - Doctor - You may protect a player at night. If that player is targeted by a destructive ability over this night, that ability will fail. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Odin - Mark - You may target a player, marking them for the rest of the game. That player will not be made aware that they have been marked. Due to Clive not possessing Zantetsuken, when Clive attempts to kill a player who has been marked, "Killer" becomes "Zantetsuken", and gains the following effect - this kill becomes immune to redirection. Marks will only affect a player from the end of the Night Phase that player is marked in. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Garuda - Spy - You may at night investigate a target, receiving results indicating if that player used an ability during the night phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Bahamut - Noble - You may activate this ability at Night. The following Day Phase, your vote will be treated as 2. 1 cycle cooldown.​

Night Actions:

Night 1:
MangoSenpai performs the factional kill on Michelle - Redirected to Fujishiro
Red Night Redirects Flower to Lord Melkor - Redirected to Fujishiro to Fujishro
Emil kills Lord Melkor - Redirected to Fujishiro
Emil blocks Cubey - Redirected to Fujishiro - Fails, Fujishiro's ability resolves first.
Psylocke marks Dr. Watson - Cannot be redirected.
Flower uses Noble - Cannot be redrected.
Fujishiro uses Lightning Rod - Redirects all redirectable actions towards him.
Luka tracks Lord Melkor - Redirected to Fujishiro, receives No One.
Lord Melkor uses bodyguard on Flower - Redirected to Fujishiro - As Fujishiro is affected by a kill that will otherwise be successful, Lord Melkor takes both kills for Fujishiro.

Night 2:
Psylocke kills Dr. Watson
Emil activates Iron
Emil kills Luka
Fujishiro
uses Spy on Michelle - Receives "No".
Luka tracks Michelle - Is dead, so receives no results.
MangoSenpai kills Luka
Flower
activates Noble

Night 3:
Fujishiro uses Buck Passer on MangoSenpai - Redirects all actions that target Fujishiro to MangoSenpai
Emil blocks MangoSenpai
Emil kills Fujishiro - Redirected to MangoSenpai
MangoSenpai
protects Fujishiro - Failed, MangoSenpai is blocked
Flower uses Rolecrush on Michelle

Night 4:
Fujishiro uses Spy on SirDante - Is dead, so receives no results.
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Fujishiro

Night 5:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Flower
Emil blocks Flower

Night 6:
Emil kills Michelle - Emil achieves his wincondition, and the game is called in a Serial victory.

Thoughts:
I'm mostly happy with the setup. I think the main issue I have was the evolving mechanic on the Serial, it was too quick. I think if I had doubled the requirements, then it would have been a bit less swingy. As it was, the game as it ran went fine, but there was opportunity for the town to lose with 2 mislynches, which isn't really where I wanted the setup to be. I did make sure there were lots of ways to limit kills - Flower's rolecrush would block Emil's kills even when they're unstoppable, and Fuji could move all kills to him every 3 nights, but part of me feels like I was a bit lucky with how the game panned out in the middle. The idea for the flavour/distribution of characters is actually quite a bit more complex than it initially appears - it's a meta narrative of Clive's journey. I think this would work slightly better with an extra Vanilla towny too, but all in all I think it's reasonably balanced. Thanks again for playing, hopefully you enjoyed it.

Game Setup:

Town Roles:
Sir Wade
Town Vanilla
Midadol "Mid" Telamon
Town Vanilla
Anabella Rosfield
Town Vanilla
Hugo Kupka
Town Dominant (Titan)
Dominant (Titan) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Iron - You can activate this to make yourself immune to destructive effects over the night phase it is activated in.​
Bodyguard - You may target a player at Night. If that player is targeted by an otherwise successful kill during the same night, you will die in their place. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Captain - You may target a player, and force them to vote for a player of your choosing the following Day Phase. If they refuse, they will become Voteless during the next day phase. If this action would prevent majority from being reached, the following Day Phase will be skipped. 2 cycle cooldown.​
Martha
Town Vanilla
Gav
Town 3-Shot Tracker

3-Shot Tracker - During the Night Phase, you may target a player, receiving results indicating who that player targeted, if any. You may use this ability up to 3 times in the game.
Barnabas Tharmr
Town Dominant (Odin)

Dominant (Odin) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Mark - You may target a player, marking them for the rest of the game. That player will not be made aware that they have been marked.​
Zantetsuken - You may target a player that has been marked, killing them. You may target only one player in any given usage. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Gungnir - You may upgrade a mark that is on a player. If that player is later targeted with Zantetsuken, Zantetsuken becomes Unstoppable (Immune to failure).​
Benedikta Harman
Town Dominant (Garuda)

Dominant (Garuda) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Spy - You may at night investigate a target, receiving results indicating if that player used an ability during the night phase.​
Buck Passer - During the Night Phase, you may target a player. All actions that target you that night will affect your target instead. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Lightning Rod - At Night, you may activate this to redirect all actions taken that night towards yourself. This will not bypass immunities. 2 cycle cooldown.​
Dion Lesage
Town Dominant (Bahamut)

Dominant (Bahamut) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Noble - You may activate this ability at Night. The following Day Phase, your vote will be treated as 2.​
Motivator - You may activate this ability over the Night Phase. By targeting a player, the following Night Phase after targeting them, that player may use an active ability of theirs, if any, twice during the same Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Role Crusher - You may target a player at Night, removing any active or passive abilities that player has for the duration of the phase. 2 cycle cooldown.​

Mafia Roles:
Cid Telamon
Mafia Dominant (Ramuh)
Dominant (Ramuh) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Bus Driver - You may target two players at Night. All actions that target the first will affect the second, and vice versa.​
Redirector - You may select two players, a primary target and a secondary target. All actions taken by the primary target will affect the secondary target for the duration of the Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Unstoppable - If Cid makes the Mafia factional kill, the kill becomes Unstoppable (Immune to failure). 2 cycle cooldown.​
Joshua Rosfield
Mafia Dominant (Phoenix)

Dominant (Phoenix) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Doctor - You may protect a player at night. If that player is targeted by a destructive ability over this night, that ability will fail.
Ninja - If Joshua makes the factional kill, he will be immune to investigations that report motion or pertain to action results. You may not self-target. (i.e Watcher, Tracker etc). 1 cycle cooldown.
Flames of Rebirth - If Joshua is killed the Night that this has been used, the effect of the kill will be undone, protecting Joshua instead. 2 cycle cooldown.
Jill Warrick
Mafia Dominant (Shiva)

Dominant (Shiva) - You have access to the following abilities. Please note that you may only use one ability at a time.
Roleblocker - You may target a player at night, preventing them from using their active abilities.​
Untouchable - You may activate this at Night, making yourself immune to all abilities targeting you during the Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Vote Freezer - You may target a player at Night. That player will be informed that they are unable to cast votes the following Day Phase. If this results in a scenario where Majority cannot be reached, the Day Phase will be skipped. 2 cycle cooldown.​

Serial:
Clive Rosfield

Evolving Killer - For every dominant that dies, up to a total of 3, your kill will be upgraded. You may only use your kill at night. At game start, your kill is a 24 hour Poison. This means that if you target a player Night 1, they will succumb to poison at the end of Night 2. You are told that if that player is targeted by a protective ability either during Night 1 or Night 2, they will survive the poison. After the first dominant dies, your kill will become a dedicated factional kill, that you may use once per night phase. After two dominants die, your kill becomes immune to blocking (prevantative) abilities. After 3 dominants die, your kill becomes Unstoppable.

Dominant (Ifrit) - For every dominant that dies, you will gain one ability of theirs that has no cooldown attached to it. This ability will becomes yours to use, but will gain a 1 cycle cooldown between uses. A message will be posted to the thread upon the death of the dominant, announcing that Clive has absorbed the aether of <Eikon>.

Shiva - Roleblocker - You may target a player at night, preventing them from using their active abilities. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Titan - Iron - You can activate this to make yourself immune to destructive effects over the night phase it is activated in. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Ramuh - Bus Driver - You may target two players at Night. All actions that target the first will affect the second, and vice versa. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Phoenix - Doctor - You may protect a player at night. If that player is targeted by a destructive ability over this night, that ability will fail. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Odin - Mark - You may target a player, marking them for the rest of the game. That player will not be made aware that they have been marked. Due to Clive not possessing Zantetsuken, when Clive attempts to kill a player who has been marked, "Killer" becomes "Zantetsuken", and gains the following effect - this kill becomes immune to redirection. Marks will only affect a player from the end of the Night Phase that player is marked in. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Garuda - Spy - You may at night investigate a target, receiving results indicating if that player used an ability during the night phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Bahamut - Noble - You may activate this ability at Night. The following Day Phase, your vote will be treated as 2. 1 cycle cooldown.​

Night Actions:

Night 1:
Emil blocks Cubey - Redirected to Fujishiro - Fails, Fujishiro's ability resolves first.
Lord Melkor uses bodyguard on Flower - Redirected to Fujishiro - As Fujishiro is affected by a kill that will otherwise be successful, Lord Melkor takes both kills for Fujishiro.

Night 2:
Emil activates Iron
Emil kills Luka
Fujishiro
MangoSenpai kills Luka
Flower
activates Noble

Night 3:
Fujishiro uses Buck Passer on MangoSenpai - Redirects all actions that target Fujishiro to MangoSenpai
Emil blocks MangoSenpai
MangoSenpai

Night 4:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Fujishiro

Night 5:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Flower
Emil blocks Flower

Night 6:
Emil kills Michelle - Emil achieves his wincondition, and the game is called in a Serial victory.

Thoughts:
I'm mostly happy with the setup. I think the main issue I have was the evolving mechanic on the Serial, it was too quick. I think if I had doubled the requirements, then it would have been a bit less swingy. As it was, the game as it ran went fine, but there was opportunity for the town to lose with 2 mislynches, which isn't really where I wanted the setup to be. I did make sure there were lots of ways to limit kills - Flower's rolecrush would block Emil's kills even when they're unstoppable, and Fuji could move all kills to him every 3 nights, but part of me feels like I was a bit lucky with how the game panned out in the middle. The idea for the flavour/distribution of characters is actually quite a bit more complex than it initially appears - it's a meta narrative of Clive's journey. I think this would work slightly better with an extra Vanilla towny too, but all in all I think it's reasonably balanced. Thanks again for playing, hopefully you enjoyed it.
Neat

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Game Setup:

Town Roles:
Sir Wade
Town Vanilla
Midadol "Mid" Telamon
Town Vanilla
Anabella Rosfield
Town Vanilla
Hugo Kupka
Town Dominant (Titan)
Iron - You can activate this to make yourself immune to destructive effects over the night phase it is activated in.​
Bodyguard - You may target a player at Night. If that player is targeted by an otherwise successful kill during the same night, you will die in their place. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Martha
Town Vanilla
Gav
Town 3-Shot Tracker

Barnabas Tharmr
Town Dominant (Odin)

Benedikta Harman
Town Dominant (Garuda)

Spy - You may at night investigate a target, receiving results indicating if that player used an ability during the night phase.​
Buck Passer - During the Night Phase, you may target a player. All actions that target you that night will affect your target instead. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Dion Lesage
Town Dominant (Bahamut)

Noble - You may activate this ability at Night. The following Day Phase, your vote will be treated as 2.​
Motivator - You may activate this ability over the Night Phase. By targeting a player, the following Night Phase after targeting them, that player may use an active ability of theirs, if any, twice during the same Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​

Mafia Roles:
Cid Telamon
Mafia Dominant (Ramuh)
Bus Driver - You may target two players at Night. All actions that target the first will affect the second, and vice versa.​
Redirector - You may select two players, a primary target and a secondary target. All actions taken by the primary target will affect the secondary target for the duration of the Night Phase. 1 cycle cooldown.​
Joshua Rosfield
Mafia Dominant (Phoenix)

Jill Warrick
Mafia Dominant (Shiva)

Serial:
Clive Rosfield

Night Actions:

Night 1:

Night 2:
Emil activates Iron
Emil kills Luka
Fujishiro
MangoSenpai kills Luka
Flower
activates Noble

Night 3:
Emil blocks MangoSenpai
MangoSenpai

Night 4:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Fujishiro

Night 5:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Flower
Emil blocks Flower

Night 6:

Thoughts:
Forgot to add fakeclaims:

Ekko was given Otto.
The Mafia were given Tarja, Isabelle and Lord Byron Rosfield.

Ekko's was fairly weak, and didn't match his claim all that well if he claimed at face value. This was intentional - he would either to claim Vanilla, or try to sell Clive as town. I figured he didn't need a claim that was strong given what he has to work with already. The mafia all had elements of their actual roles in there - Tarja could be a doctor, Isabelle a roleblocker, and Lord Byron as a busdriver. The latter being the biggest stretch.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Game Setup:

Town Roles:
Sir Wade
Town Vanilla
Midadol "Mid" Telamon
Town Vanilla
Anabella Rosfield
Town Vanilla
Hugo Kupka
Town Dominant (Titan)
Martha
Town Vanilla
Gav
Town 3-Shot Tracker

Barnabas Tharmr
Town Dominant (Odin)

Benedikta Harman
Town Dominant (Garuda)

Dion Lesage
Town Dominant (Bahamut)

Mafia Roles:
Cid Telamon
Mafia Dominant (Ramuh)
Joshua Rosfield
Mafia Dominant (Phoenix)

Jill Warrick
Mafia Dominant (Shiva)

Serial:
Clive Rosfield

Night Actions:

Night 1:

Night 2:
Emil activates Iron
Emil kills Luka
Fujishiro
MangoSenpai kills Luka
Flower
activates Noble

Night 3:
Emil blocks MangoSenpai
MangoSenpai

Night 4:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Fujishiro

Night 5:
Flower activates Noble
Emil kills Flower
Emil blocks Flower

Night 6:

Thoughts:
wait so did luka fake that result on rednight entirely lmao

also mafia didnt submit a kill on n3?

Emil

Certified Memelord
@Ratchet the main comment i had on the setup is the town's self deflector (fuji's role). that role is incredibly swingy. if he deflects mafia kill back to the scum team it's both a protect and a vig shot.

in higurashi our was cucked by a similar ability, albeit a bit stronger i guess. my suggestion for this setup wud be to show the full role flips of the dead players + maybe change fuji's ability to a redirect instead of a deflect. if you want to add an extra vanilla i suppose its fine too

Status
Not open for further replies.