General & Others For what reason exactly would Marco stop fighting King ?

For all we know they’ve already separated. Havent seen them together and king doesn’t even seem to be in a fight right now when he listened to Momos message

It seems a lot of theories suggest Zoro is fighting King‚ but what I can't tell is‚ what exactly would make Marco stop fighting ? If Zoro is there‚ Marco can just double team King. This is a war‚ I don't believe Marco will be like ' You are the future generation‚ I leave it to you ' thing

What are your predictions on how or why Marco will stop fighting King or how he will substitute the fight with someone else ( even if it is not Zoro ) ? And that is if ( a big if ) that happens to begin with‚ that he stops fighting for some reason

Plus showing Marco defeated by King and needing assistance is unlikely to happen. Would show Marco as a weak first commander

If anyone is flying Luffy back it’ll be Momo, since Momo needs to overcome his fear of heights this arc and he’s the one who can actually sense where Luffy is.

I think it will be portrayed as Zoro returning the favour. “You helped me before, now I’ll help you.”

Perospero isn’t done, he still needs to run into Neko and Carrot again. And Oda did imply that he’s planning on doing something to Marco.

I could see a scene where
-Marco and King are fighting, Marco thinks to himself that even though he’s not fighting Queen anymore, he’s still tired from taking on them both.
-King gets set up to launch a heavy attack
-Marco goes to dodge, but Perospero sneaks behind him and encases him in candy so he can’t move
-Marco looks finished
-Zoro appears, blocks the attack, and tells Marco to rest and that it’s his turn to fight