Forum Discussion: Idea's so not all users have to run into forum toxicity

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
There’s always gonna be a level of toxicity online because we all have rotten hearts and can say horrible things semi-anonymously thanks to the Internet. No accountability often means no restrictions, which doesn’t help. I really think the moderation needs to expand and add new people in more time zones to guarantee that someone’s always online and able to check reports and shit, which they’re diligent in resolving as long as we submit them when others step over the line. Ultimately, we’re not gonna quit being pieces of shit here…the best we can do is at least admit when we’re wrong or inappropriate, but that requires a level of self-awareness I’m positive some of our lowest common denominators don’t possess.

There’s always gonna be a level of toxicity online because we all have rotten hearts and can say horrible things semi-anonymously thanks to the Internet. No accountability often means no restrictions, which doesn’t help. I really think the moderation needs to expand and add new people in more time zones to guarantee that someone’s always online and able to check reports and shit, which they’re diligent in resolving as long as we submit them when others step over the line. Ultimately, we’re not gonna quit being pieces of shit here…the best we can do is at least admit when we’re wrong or inappropriate, but that requires a level of self-awareness I’m positive some of our lowest common denominators don’t possess.
this.The ultimate philosopher. Jew D Boy for Mod
Post automatically merged:

Imagine getting personal on a Internet keyboard warriors forum.
you missed the latest homophobia on the 1020 spoiler page from kaios

Summed up nicely.
I dont mind toxic discussions, im too old for that lol. But self awareness and some emotional intelligence seems missing in some of the cases. And to admit when we're wrong or inappropriate, if people had the awareness to do that then most of this toxicity would just die out. At the end of the day, this is an online forum, and there will be different levels of maturity. Some just like the fun and a few rare do cross the line. Sad

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
you missed the latest homophobia on the 1020 spoiler page from kaios
oh yeah lmfaooo. he used a homophobic slur as an insult over a zoro sanji debate. he insisted that he isnt homophobic and that the rest of the us were delusional lmao.

even sanji fans called him out on that.

oh yeah lmfaooo. he used a homophobic slur as an insult over a zoro sanji debate. he insisted that he isnt homophobic and that the rest of the us were delusional lmao.

even sanji fans called him out on that.
My issue is, people complain and complain, but never try to come up with solutions. I enjoy the toxicity and im so wonderful Im trying to help come up with solutions on top of that

Im intense, but I understand what i get into, it's the people that take it too far with extreme personal insults with prejudice like that.

Wait til you see the covid vaccine thread or read it, that shit makes the spoiler threads childs play

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Summed up nicely.
I dont mind toxic discussions, im too old for that lol. But self awareness and some emotional intelligence seems missing in some of the cases. And to admit when we're wrong or inappropriate, if people had the awareness to do that then most of this toxicity would just die out. At the end of the day, this is an online forum, and there will be different levels of maturity. Some just like the fun and a few rare do cross the line. Sad
You touched on age, which has a hell of a lot to do with it…we have adolescent kids to middle aged adults here, largely male and European, so the gamut of behavior and self-control varies too wildly to get any sort of universal moral standard. Honestly, as one of the older folks myself, I know I add to the toxicity at times - I don’t use slurs or make threats, but I definitely insult people when I’m attacked first (or I feel like starting something). I’ve also been known to apologize publicly and privately, which again has elicited some good responses as well as some bad ones. We all have to be able to own up when we’re fuckheads if this is gonna work, and like you said, that’s the only real solution for this problem.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Im intense, but I understand what i get into, it's the people that take it too far with extreme personal insults with prejudice like that.
yeah even calling people names and shit are tolerable. discriminatory behaviour and harassment is where i draw the line.

Wait til you see the covid vaccine thread or read it, that shit makes the spoiler threads childs play
jesus christ that's gonna be one hell of a ride. i think i posted in it lmao i dont remember.

You touched on age, which has a hell of a lot to do with it…we have adolescent kids to middle aged adults here, largely male and European, so the gamut of behavior and self-control varies too wildly to get any sort of universal moral standard. Honestly, as one of the older folks myself, I know I add to the toxicity at times - I don’t use slurs or make threats, but I definitely insult people when I’m attacked first (or I feel like starting something). I’ve also been known to apologize publicly and privately, which again has elicited some good responses as well as some bad ones. We all have to be able to own up when we’re fuckheads if this is gonna work, and like you said, that’s the only real solution for this problem.
I agree. And regardless of age, if you can apologize when you are wrong or inappropriate, then you are way better than most. Being human, you can lose it sometimes, no ones a saint... But owing up to it takes Class. And i respect people with class. As for me, even if someone insults me or starts something stupid, i tend not to take it seriously. I mean what do i expect. As you pointed earlier, it can be a teen or some kid behind the keyboard. Lol so its alright. I believe change starts with ones ownself. I dont act or behave in a way that i would hate to be on the other side of. Anyways nice knowing there are guys with class as well.

yeah even calling people names and shit are tolerable. discriminatory behaviour and harassment is where i draw the line.

jesus christ that's gonna be one hell of a ride. i think i posted in it lmao i dont remember.
I have my motives in which I got after the people who specifically bait Zoro fans, in which they have it coming haha

Also so many people lack understanding of this forum and the toxicity but only complain instead of reflecting and going, what can we do to propose solutions here

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I think everyone is serious when they have to. A lot of people act like they would cut their heads off in One Piece discussions but outside of it talk like normal people. No need to take everything seriously.

Just fuck Sanji fans and make their life miserable and you will be good.:lulz:

Cheers to everyone:zosmug:

Thats one thing I dont condone. We can agree to disagree but once someone starts name calling and getting too personal is where I draw the line. You can have a intense debate where theres back and forth but some people start calling each other trash or saying they are stupid, or start bullying. Its not THAT serious. We're just reading a work of fiction.