Controversial Friendly reminder that Kizaru accomplished his mission while Luffy failed

I agree, but I think it's more of Saturn's credit since he left Vegapunk unable to move without dying as a result, making escape difficult. That said, Luffy had the job and intention to stop Kizaru and has simply failed so far.

It also explains why Oda delayed his death for so long, with weird moments like him standing right in front of Saturn & Kizaru but them not killing him.
Although that's the case for most villains in stories, especially this one. Usually when they feel that they are in control of the situation, they prolong things.

For example, Lucci could have easily killed Luffy when he turned miniature during Enies Lobby.
Post automatically merged:

So? Kizaru still got knocked out twice.
Knocked down =/= knocked out. Knocked out is when someone loses consciousness, which didn't happen to Kizaru.

Glad someone highlighted it.

Sanji and his fans got trolled hard and took the heat for not being able to save VP but hardly anyone brought up that it's Luffy's failure as well.

Sanji had the job to escape with VP. Luffy's task was to hold Saturn and kiz momentarily to allow Sanji to escape.

But all luffy did was bounce and dodge while laughing....Luffy is responsible as well coz at the end we did find out that he has the ability to hold both of them momentarily but he didn't
Sanji gets clowned because the previous chapter created expectations that weren’t met (not beating Kizaru but at least clashing a bit) but blaming for what happened to Vegapunk doesn’t really make sense imo

Glad someone highlighted it.

Sanji and his fans got trolled hard and took the heat for not being able to save VP but hardly anyone brought up that it's Luffy's failure as well.

Sanji had the job to escape with VP. Luffy's task was to hold Saturn and kiz momentarily to allow Sanji to escape.

But all luffy did was bounce and dodge while laughing....Luffy is responsible as well coz at the end we did find out that he has the ability to hold both of them momentarily but he didn't
Exactly this.

People are trying to exclude Luffy from responsibility just because he had a cool panel after the man was already dead.

In fairness to Luffy though, protecting a non combatant from both an admiral and a gorosei seems like an impossible task. I can't imagine any character succeeding in that. Will have to see where this goes next chapter.

His mission was to kill Vegapunk to prevent him from spreading the truth about the WG. But he made it much worse by killing VP.
Both Saturn and Kizaru failed quite badly considering their numerical advantage.
Luffy also failed (if VP really died).

With Luffy around, people can die.
With Zoro around, nobody can die.
And yet, people still take Luffy's words too seriously that he needs to be the strongest to protect everyone...
His words don't match his actions. He is a talker, that's all he is.
Zoro is Andrew Tate 😎

I for one think its good that Luffy isn't the omnipotent god some of ya'll seem to want him to be judging by the posts here.

Personally I would be fucking furious if *everyone* had managed to come out of this alive, especially Vegapunk. They'll get em off the island as promised, theres just no guarantee he'll be brought out alive....