Chapter Discussion Garp never punched Shiryu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This along with Kuzan and Garp having an off panel fight before the start of this chapter were two things overlooked/misinterpreted by most.

I understand this panel since it looked like a fist at first to me too, but I don't understand how so many people missed the implied back and forth and time lapse after Garp's blue hole attack. Garp has taken (likely far) more than 2 attacks already. And he's probably still not done.

Man, this dude is trash lmao.

I'll admit I was wrong about him, expected him to be low top tier at least considering the narrative of BBP and since he was relative to Magellan without his DF. But, it seems like his DF is useless lol

Zbois better pray Zoro doesn't get to fight this jobber.

But then again, Blackbeard pirates in general are looking very underwhelming including Blackbeard himself, and Blackbeard vs Luffy is somehow going to happen.
:kayneshrug:

I don't think it's a bad showing from Shiryu but his presence this fight in comparison to Aokiji clarifies a bit, like Aokiji being portrayed as worthy of all of Garp's attention when they're going toe-to-toe whilst Shiryu, who's definitely a deadly fighter, even with the drop on Garp due to attacking his pupil, couldn't stop Garp's assault and instead got taken out.

Honestly nothing bad from him, he went in, used his fruit and swordsmanship to land a good blow but was handled quite quickly and easily by Garp when he had his hands on him. Shiryu will show us what else he has in store as far as his fruit and blade go but he's not a huge issue for Garp in a clean 1v1 (Shiryu's a pirate with ridiculous bloodlust anyway so not fighting fair isn't really a knock on him) whereas Aokiji is.

Status
Not open for further replies.