Character Discussion Garp respect thread

He wasnt Rogers equal. They have fought but not equals.

Roger is a tier superior, so yeah, with that Garp can give him a high diff battle.

Prime Garp bodies your fav.....

Dude casually broke through an attack that can split an Ice Continent in half, and didn't even break a sweat doing it.

The same people who downplay that feat are the same people who act like Mihawk cutting a Mountain of Ice is one of the greatest feats in the manga.

Last I checked.... Continent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a Mountain

Edit: As @ZenZu pointed out, Garp did break a sweat in their clash. I was mistaken.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Dude casually broke through an attack that can split an Ice Continent in half, and didn't even break a sweat doing it.
That's a blatant lie, he was sweating buckets. Far from casual.

However, given Garp's personality he probably wanted to break through Chinjao's attack with pure hardening and raw punching power when he likely has access to advanced forms of haki, as not to cheat a battle of fist vs head.

That's a blatant lie, he was sweating buckets. Far from casual.

However, given Garp's personality he probably wanted to break through Chinjao's attack with pure hardening and raw punching power when he likely has access to advanced forms of haki, as not to cheat a battle of fist vs head.
I wouldn't say a few beads of sweat, is sweating buckets... It was a no named punch from Garp, and Chinjao's head was re-arranged in seconds. The same Chinjao could crack the Ice Continent in just a split second, but couldn't hold up to Garps punch, for more than a second or two. I'd say it was pretty casual on Garps part, as Chinjao's resistance to the punch was almost non-existent, and that was coming from someone who touted his head as being the hardest thing on the planet.

Not saying that Garp didn't put his full physical strength behind the attack, but as you said, Garp likely has access to higher levels of advanced Haki, and he didn't use them. It was just straight fist to head, Hardening vs Hardening, and physical power.

Maybe casual isn't the correct word, but rather, he wasn't putting his all into the attack.

Last edited:

ZenZu

I wouldn't say a few beads of sweat, is sweating buckets... It was a no named punch from Garp, and Chinjao's head was re-arranged in seconds. The same Chinjao could crack the Ice Continent in just a split second, but couldn't hold up to Garps punch, for more than a second or two. I'd say it was pretty casual on Garps part, and Chinjao's resistance to the attack was almost non-existent, and that was coming from someone who touted his head as being the hardest thing on the planet.
I wouldn't call this not breaking a sweat.

He's quite clearly sweating, a lot at that given Chinjao doesn't even have a single drop of sweat on him in comparison.

Not to mention that's an insanely long clash for a quick flashback (Clash was spread throughout 5+ panels). There is absolutely nothing casual about that clash, gritting teeth, sweating, yelling, heck Garp even trained for this. All signs show a legit struggle in that moment.

Regardless I don't get the point of lying and saying he didn't break a sweat when he quite literally did just that?

I wouldn't call this not breaking a sweat.

He's quite clearly sweating, a lot at that given Chinjao doesn't even have a single drop of sweat on him in comparison.

Not to mention that's an insanely long clash for a quick flashback (Clash was spread throughout 5+ panels). There is absolutely nothing casual about that clash, gritting teeth, sweating, yelling, heck Garp even trained for this. All signs show a legit struggle in that moment.

Regardless I don't get the point of lying and saying he didn't break a sweat when he quite literally did just that?
I edited my post to be more accurate. Casual wasn't really the correct word, but rather, Garp wasn't putting everything he could into the attack. And I didn't say he didn't break a sweat, just not "sweating buckets" as you initially put it.

ZenZu

And I didn't say he didn't break a sweat, just not "sweating buckets" as you initially put it.
Bro?

The same people who downplay that feat are the same people who act like Mihawk cutting a Mountain of Ice is one of the greatest feats in the manga.

Last I checked.... Continent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a Mountain
^

You see Rayleigh or should i better say Z stans disrespect Garp all the time but Garp/Marine stans are barely ever talking shit about Rayleigh who is what Zoro will be at EoS because only one side is being insecure.

Prime Rayleigh being completely overshadowed during Roger's era is a thing.

Edit: As @ZenZu pointed out, Garp did break a sweat in their clash. I was mistaken.
You managed to bring Mihawk into this, CG. :kobeha: