Powers & Abilities Gear 4th is a troll ability at this point. When will Luffy finally get rid of the gear 4th drawback?

I'm assuming G4 will be casual now G5 is his new trump card.
G4 is incredibly powerful, and Kidd himself acknowledged it was an impressive and worthwhile powerup while hiding his awakening.
G4 is the thing that made Kidd entrust Kaidou to Luffy.

G

G2 + Gear 3 Luffy> Gear 4. Luffy actaully combined Gear 2 and Gear 3 in chapter 1037 and switching between those Gears as well.

Gear 3 boosted bt Gear 2 is almost Gear 4. And thT is without a timelimit unlike Gear 4.
Kaido was holding back against G2/3. When he saw Big Mom lose against Law and Kidd he started using his full power against snakeman.

G4>=G2/3

Luffy only had less stamina in G4 because he was at the end of the fight.

Mr. Reloaded

Professional backstabber
I don't think he really can. If it didn't happen with the AdCoC unlock, I think G4 will stay the way it is.

I would not expect anything from Gear Fourth going forward.

Gear 5th is the now.

I have a new suggestion what if Luffy can inflate specific parts for an attack and then deflate that part immediately in a split second

Narratively there's not a single reason for Luffy to use G4 over G5 now, G5 can do everything G4 can but much more, so unless it's revealed that G5 does actually have a significant drawback that for some reason wasn't revealed in Luffy's fight with Kaido then G4 should become obsolete.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
We can't assume it won't come back until we know 100% what the G5 drawbacks are. If there aren't any major ones well G4 probably won't come back unless it's used in short bursts like G2/G3 are now, with G5 being the form used to smack the final bosses. Knowing Oda there'll probably be some form of BS drawback no other awakening has, though...

Now that he has G5 and doesn’t need to depend on G4, I’m sure Luffy will just use it for 1-off punches instead of staying in the form.

musing G4 for 1-off attacks seems to be quite effective, as it doesn’t seem to drain Luffy’s haki.

There are characters who use more haki than Luffy in his gear 4th, but they never run out of haki. It's only Luffy who has this stupid drawback which doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Luffy now has awakend his DF ability, and it seems that–as other awakenings–gear 5th doesn't have any drawbacks. But what about gear 4th? Like seriously, this is trolling at this point. Plus gear 4th is useless, it's much weaker than ACoC Luffy in his base let alone gear 2 combined with ACoC.
Well Gear 4 with ACOC is strong as he'll but it will be combined with Gear 5

There are characters who use more haki than Luffy in his gear 4th
No one uses more Haki than Luffy in G4, no one fights with full body CoA.

and it seems that–as other awakenings–gear 5th doesn't have any drawbacks
He was out 1 week... let's wait first anyway before jumping to conclussions.

Plus gear 4th is useless, it's much weaker than ACoC Luffy in his base
He can use ACoC in G4 as well, you know right?

Before knowing what's the actual drawback of G5, if it has, we can't really say that G4 is outdated.