Powers & Abilities Gear 5: three levels of power

does all gear 5 have the same power?

• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
the quesion is that: does all gear 5 have the same power?
for me, it is not necessary all gear 5 has the same power. (basic gear 4 is far less powerful than gear 4 snakeman). and here is my theory for gear 5:
(The same attack, but Kizaru had two different reaction, the last page he had a lot of blood but second page he was just surprised)

level1 : gear 5th a lot of fun

level 2: gear 5th less fun

level 3: gear 5th no fun

Last edited:
Exactly. G4 has three forms: boundman (balanced offense/defense), tankman (full defense) and snakeman (speed). None is said to be better than the others, they just have advantages and disadvantages between them.
Boundman is clearly better that's why Luffy uses more and was the one using before G5.

Tankman is a gag shouldn't be even considered as a form he can do free will.

Snakeman is just weak and has achieved absolutely nothing.

every gear5 is the same , its literally a form which keeps making u laugh
at best there can be 2 versions :
- dawn attacks which doesnt use acoc
- attacks which use acoc

these are more abt attacks tho

Boundman is clearly better that's why Luffy uses more and was the one using before G5.

Tankman is a gag shouldn't be even considered as a form he can do free will.

Snakeman is just weak and has achieved absolutely nothing.
Well, tankman is a G4 form officially. We actually never saw the "normal" tankman, just the "Manpuku Version", so at first it really seems almost useless for offense (although he did finish Cracker with it), but I wouldn't throw it away like that. As for Snakeman, he did beat Katakuri with this form... and the strongest opponent he defeated with boundman was Doffy, so it could be argued that Snakeman has better feats so far.

Boundman is clearly more balanced, that's why I think that Luffy uses it more than the other forms.

Well, tankman is a G4 form officially. We actually never saw the "normal" tankman, just the "Manpuku Version", so at first it really seems almost useless for offense (although he did finish Cracker with it), but I wouldn't throw it away like that. As for Snakeman, he did beat Katakuri with this form... and the strongest opponent he defeated with boundman was Doffy, so it could be argued that Snakeman has better feats so far.

Boundman is clearly more balanced, that's why I think that Luffy uses it more than the other forms.
To me Tankman was the gag of Boundman plus his chubby base form.

I don't consider he beated Katakuri. After Snakeman round he fall first than Katakuri and stood up after him. When he was in base Katakuri give up. So even if you consider a victory for Luffy it wasn't a Snakeman victory.