Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
Here Riboku means that Kanki is relying on extraordinary tactics and use the terrain
Right now if you take away that room he is not that strong and needs to relay on ordinary tactics and strength
Two things he can't do but his real weakness is the risk he takes
Is this what you were referring to in this post?
thats the spirit you know strategical I can explain it to you but then it wouldnt make fun anymore
Also, wouldn't Kanki be able to hold his own seeing as how he's one of the 6 six great generals?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung here Riboku hyping Shin or underestimating Kanki too much ?? It has been shown that Kanki isn't like other generals who carries general's weight or has patriotism/duty towards state but still !!!!!:catsure:
Neither, seems to me like Riboku is just stating facts lol.

Hara is a genius man, I swear. Kanki’s weakness has been right under our noses all this time. We’ve seen it time and time again, from the very first time we saw Kanki in action.

Kaishibou attacks Kanki’s HQ, and what does Kanki do? He immediately abandons his own HQ and retreats into the forest.

Kanki defeats Keisha how? Not by engaging Keisha directly but by identifying Kisui as someone who would abandon the battle if Rigan was in danger, and then by promising to violate Rigan unless Kisui retreated to save them. (And by Shin slaying Keisha, lol.)

Kanki defeats Kochou how? Not by engaging him head on, but by using the terrain to deceive Kochou’s men and then effectively assassinating Kochou with a small strike force.

We’ve seen it since the start of the manga but I never thought that Kanki’s greatest weakness is also Kanki’s greatest strength as a General. Kanki’s strength is his utilization of guerilla tactics that his enemies struggle to decipher in time, but the cost of this is that Kanki sucks at traditional warfare. That is the weakness Riboku picked up on 5 years ago, and the very same weakness Hara has shown us readers time and time again. And now Riboku is trying to force Kanki into a situation where he is forced to engage in traditional open warfare, which is not Kanki’s strong-suit.

Hara man. The guy is surely the best mangaka alive right now.

So if Kan Ki excels at Guerilla but sucks at traditional why is Ousen sending him to fight in a way he hates

Wht not make Kanki fight Zhao from the shadows, harras supply lines, strike force, vanguard, scouts

If anything this is a massive fail on Qin part as a whole not kan ki

Is this what you were referring to in this post?

Also, wouldn't Kanki be able to hold his own seeing as how he's one of the 6 six great generals?
Im quote adapt to military tactics and war

In my opinion Kanki can own everyone the situation he is right would be difficult for every general even Riboku

We saw how he handled Kouchou I won't say Kanki is done for and we should still have hope

The kanki I know will probably act passive allow some of his men to change with Zhao clothes go outside the encirclement and will probably do something crazy or the Kanki way

The reason this two seem to be his weakness is that Kanki hasn't a loyal army he can't relay on brute strength like Shin or Moubu

But he is one of the greatest in the series Riboku is just to sure of himself

Hara is a genius man, I swear. Kanki’s weakness has been right under our noses all this time. We’ve seen it time and time again, from the very first time we saw Kanki in action.

Kaishibou attacks Kanki’s HQ, and what does Kanki do? He immediately abandons his own HQ and retreats into the forest.

Kanki defeats Keisha how? Not by engaging Keisha directly but by identifying Kisui as someone who would abandon the battle if Rigan was in danger, and then by promising to violate Rigan unless Kisui retreated to save them. (And by Shin slaying Keisha, lol.)

Kanki defeats Kochou how? Not by engaging him head on, but by using the terrain to deceive Kochou’s men and then effectively assassinating Kochou with a small strike force.

We’ve seen it since the start of the manga but I never thought that Kanki’s greatest weakness is also Kanki’s greatest strength as a General. Kanki’s strength is his utilization of guerilla tactics that his enemies struggle to decipher in time, but the cost of this is that Kanki sucks at traditional warfare. That is the weakness Riboku picked up on 5 years ago, and the very same weakness Hara has shown us readers time and time again. And now Riboku is trying to force Kanki into a situation where he is forced to engage in traditional open warfare, which is not Kanki’s strong-suit.

If that is all than he's going to surprise Riboku here again. Currently he has been showed like everything is under control and only been using reinforcement as scapegoat while HSU and GKU grabbing Riboku’s attention. If Shin gets past Seika army than Riboku definitely going to change his strategy here and Kanki might use his cards right at that moment.

If in any condition, Hara has to show his defeat and even highlights the weakness picked by Riboku, Kanki won't be showed doing nothing to either defense or counter. Though with Riboku’s usual banter, it's been highlighted again that it might be his own defeat again.

Don't think Kanki is going to play like traditional warfare even here at plains.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So if Kan Ki excels at Guerilla but sucks at traditional why is Ousen sending him to fight in a way he hates
1. Because the Qin have no choice at the moment. They need to keep applying pressure the Zhao and can’t afford to wait for Ousen to recoup his losses. This was explained before Kanki ever set out.

2. No one said Kanki hates traditional warfare, just that he is weak at it compared to other generals.

3. Ousen himself may have not picked up on this weakness given that Kanki just recently pulled off such a shocking victory against Kochou, and even Ousen himself did not know what exactly Kanki’s plan was

4. Kanki has other armies helping him right now as well lol.

Wht not make Kanki fight Zhao from the shadows, harras supply lines, strike force, vanguard, scouts
Because the Qin are trying to close off the escape of the Kantan Royalty. We are on a time limit to unify China remember, Shouheikun gave us 15 years, 3 of which have already passed. And besides, what supply lines even exist for Kanki to attack, and who cares if he did attack them? We are in northern Zhao where the Zhao have no shortage of supplies in their cities.

If anything this is a massive fail on Qin part as a whole not kan ki
This whole situation was deliberately orchestrated by Riboku. This is not a fail from Qin, this just shows how formidable Riboku is when fighting the long-game.

If that is all than he's going to surprise Riboku here again. Currently he has been showed like everything is under control and only been using reinforcement as scapegoat while HSU and GKU grabbing Riboku’s attention. If Shin gets past Seika army than Riboku definitely going to change his strategy here and Kanki might use his cards right at that moment.

If in any condition, Hara has to show his defeat and even highlights the weakness picked by Riboku, Kanki won't be showed doing nothing to either defense or counter. Though with Riboku’s usual banter, it's been highlighted again that it might be his own defeat again.
I don’t think the Hi Shin and Gaku Ka units can really do anything even if they do break out of the encirclement, the only way to end this battle quickly enough is to save the Kanki army is to slay Riboku which is not happening lol.

Honestly I think Kanki loses this battle. This is the same Riboku that defeated Ouki, using the very same tactics of slowly widdling down the Qin offense to this size while concealing all Zhao intel from them. This is the most dangerous Riboku imo and I don’t think Kanki will have any way to win this.

Something I have pointed out several times now that I still think is relevant right now: we still have no idea where Shibashou is or what he’s doing. I imagine the grand Shibashou reveal we get will happen very soon, he will be the final nail in the coffin for Kanki in this battle.

Last edited:
I don’t think the Hi Shin and Gyoku Hou units can really do anything even if they do break out of the encirclement, the only way to end this battle quickly enough is to save the Kanki army is to slay Riboku which is not happening lol.
At Shukai plains , it was HSU's appearance near Riboku’s HQ, which led to Houken's entry and defeats, further led to fallback of Riboku’s center army.

Here behind Seika army is Riboku’s HQ, while Riboku himself is on a small hill, which is as usual his favorite spot. Lol

Though i don't mean Riboku can't stop HSU here as he could still use left side army to flank on HSU but if he did that than Kanki will get opportunity to show some underhanded tricks again.

Honestly I think Kanki loses this battle. This is the same Riboku that defeated Ouki, using the very same tactics of slowly widdling down the Qin offense to this size while concealing all Zhao intel from them. This is the most dangerous Riboku imo and I don’t think Kanki will have any way to win this.
I thought same as well that here Kanki definitely going to lose, but just whenever Riboku displays his banter about his winning or enemies shortfalls before the final phase of battle, he always losses. Also every panel of Kanki here shows he's confident that situation is not out of his control.

Something I have pointed out several times now that I still think is relevant right now: we still have no idea where Shibashou is or what he’s doing. I imagine the grand Shibashou reveal we get will happen very soon, he will be the final nail in the coffin for Kanki in this battle.
Previously it showed that he doesn't like getting out of Seika and interfere in states matter unless someone knocks on his door. But against that he also sent his aid for Riboku as well. So don't know if he's going to surprise appearance or not.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
At Shukai plains , it was HSU's appearance near Riboku’s HQ, which led to Houken's entry and defeats, further led to fallback of Riboku’s center army.
Very different situation, that was Riboku’s headquarters being pincered. Here is just Shin charging at a 300k man army to slay Riboku lol.

Previously it showed that he doesn't like getting out of Seika and interfere in states matter unless someone knocks on his door. But against that he also sent his aid for Riboku as well. So don't know if he's going to surprise appearance or not.
He sent his vassals out from Seika because he acknowledges that the state of Zhao is in a desperate state atm, I doubt he’s just sipping tea inside of Seika as his vassals fight Qin, he acknowledges the threat Qin poses atm and I strongly believe Kanki will attempt a retreat and then that is where Shibashou himself strikes. Lol

Chapter spoilers thanks to TKC :

Zhao soldier: If the Hi Shin Unit was able to break free from the encirclement, then surely that man will also do something.
Riboku: He can't do anything. Unlike Shin, Kanki is unable to perform any extraordinary feats. From the beginning, Kanki doesn't have that which normal generals possess. That is Kanki's weakness.

@Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung here Riboku hyping Shin or underestimating Kanki too much ?? It has been shown that Kanki isn't like other generals who carries general's weight or has patriotism/duty towards state but still !!!!!:catsure:
I think Riboku is probably on the mark here. Kanki's "lack of extraordinary" ability could be connected to the prediction I made about Kanki's weakness.
After the most recent chapter, what I am starting to think Kanki's weakness is, is perhaps an inability to accept any kind of loss whether it be a tactical loss or a personal one.

Bear with me now for I am going to get into the more spiritual side of Kingdom that some folk apparently dislike. Lol.

As I said before, whatever weakness Kanki has was never attributed to his army, his methods or his tactics but to himself as an individual.

Loss is a large part of how people grow in Kingdom (and in real life). The entire "Weight of a General" deal is rooted in an individual carrying on the legacies of those who were dear to them but in order to carry on said legacies, the character has to accept their loss in the first place.

I think Kanki's problem is that he cannot accept loss and I believe Hara alluded to this when Shin first met him.

Shin immediately noted something strange about Kanki when he first met him.
A "sense of rejection" was what Shin felt towards Kanki. Shin has dealt with bloodlust, crushing auras, Mangoku's ghosts and the Weight of Great Generals yet something about Kanki immediately set him on edge. What I think Shin unknowingly sensed was that Kanki is the complete opposite of him.

Shin obviously is all about the concept of "Weight", the whole deal of carrying around legacies etc. You know the deal.

Houken was the opposite of Shin in that he refused emotional attachments altogether. Kanki however is different from Houken because he doesn't reject emotional attachments as shown by how Raido's death has affected him and is now affecting his judgement.

Kanki (either knowingly or unknowingly) embraces attachment but cannot handle nor accept loss thus he ends up casting aside and "rejecting" the legacies of those that were close to him.

A person like that is exactly the kind of individual that Shin would detest and "reject" on an instinctual level.

Kanki even possibly goes so far as to project this weakness of his onto others, belittling others for supposedly not understanding how "grown ups do things".
In battle too, Kanki refuses to back down no matter what utterly insane odds are stacked against him yet he ultimately wants to risk nothing that is actually close to him. That is why he sent Ogiko to warn Raido not to do anything reckless and to sit back because he knew that Raido, who is arguably the only one of Kanki's inner circle that is genuinely loyal to the man hence why Kanki is probably attached to the bloke, would do anything to prevent Kanki's defeat.

Kanki is a character that we have never gotten to truly know so far. Kanki masks his inner self with an aura of charm and confidence that he wears like a glove, though his charm is arguably superficial and now his confidence has been tested and appears to have broken instantly.

Essentially, Kanki is acting like a child because he is one. He is someone that has never matured and can neither handle nor accept genuine loss. He hates losing and cannot stand being defeated in battle nor losing those he cares for despite his inherently dangerous occupation of being in a literal army.

What we are now witnessing with Kanki is not character development or character change but rather a character reveal. We are finally seeing the real Kanki that is deliberately hidden beneath layers of superficial charm, smug arrogance, brittle confidence and inflated ego.

If all that sounds like a rather ugly combination, well... Hasn't Kanki been built up to be a rather ugly individual?
Shin is capable of extraordinary feats because of his "Weight" which is earned through forging personal connections and overcoming personal loss. If my theory is correct, Kanki flat out cannot handle loss thus he lacks the ability to even get the Weight of a General to begin with.

Great analysis like always.
You are right, Riboku basically forced Kanki to engage in a head on collision and without any chance to pull any funny surprises. Kanki main army losses hard in such a confrontation. Regular armies will spend their free time practicing formations and stuff while Kanki army spends time drinking and hoeing.

I think what is more likely to happen is that Kanki will attempt to pull a "snatch victory from the jaws of defeat" deal only for Riboku to go "Lol, nope" and slap it down.
well, if Shin and others manage to breakout of the death trap and bring down few commanding Generals, Kanki can very well craft a way out for himself. but, I do know he ultimately gets beaten by Riboku, but I thought it was bit later on., or is this it..??

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
well, if Shin and others manage to breakout of the death trap and bring down few commanding Generals, Kanki can very well craft a way out for himself
This is why I ultimately believe we are getting a Shibashou reveal soon. The path to Kanki’s rear is so suspiciously wide open, almost as if Riboku is inviting Kanki to retreat, knowing full well that Kanki is exactly the type to retreat here.

And if Riboku is baiting Kanki to retreat, then I imagine Shibashou like a true “tiger” is waiting somewhere hidden with a strike force large enough to strike Kanki’s HQ and ultimately end the battle by either slaying Kanki or just by hitting him so hard that his army scatters.

It was stated that Kanki never formerly studied strategy and when he is in front of Genpou, the two had a brief conversation when Genpou told him that what Kanki was doing wasn't strategy/tactic and Kanki replicated to him like "What the hell is that". He's lethal in his own, very unorthodox way but yeah there's that.

Last edited:
well, if Shin and others manage to breakout of the death trap and bring down few commanding Generals, Kanki can very well craft a way out for himself. but, I do know he ultimately gets beaten by Riboku, but I thought it was bit later on., or is this it..??
I don't know much Chinese history (don't want to spoil myself too much, lol) but I don't see much of a narrative story reason for Riboku to loose now only to beat Kanki later anyway. Everything for a Riboku vs Kanki match has accumulated to this moment.

It also doesn't look like Shin and co. are killing any Generals either. JKR has been knocked down and injured by the looks of things but he ain't dead and now Gakushou likewise is in a similar position. With Mouten down and Kyoukai feinting, I imagine the only thing the HSU can do is focus purely on escape. This is probably where we will see Shin get contrasted against Kanki in terms of "extraordinary" ability.

If these blokes ain't dying then Hara is probably going to (a) save them for a full power Seika Army vs match and (b) have Riboku win this battle.
And if Riboku is baiting Kanki to retreat, then I imagine Shibashou like a true “tiger” is waiting somewhere hidden with a strike force large enough to strike Kanki’s HQ and ultimately end the battle by either slaying Kanki or just by hitting him so hard that his army scatters.
I think the latter is more likely. I think Kanki's Army will scatter to the four winds. His Commanders will either abandon him (definitely Maron, maybe Ringyoku too) or die (Koku'ou and I hope for Zenou vs Shibashou so ol' Shiba can flex his muscles. :sadgrin:).

Kanki will be shattered, unable to handle the losses incurred and piss off to join another state (Yan would be my bet). Then I suspect that him and Shin will face off against each other in the future.