Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
the execution of the death was really weak

I don’t mind JKR dying at all, the Zombie Zenou doing it right in front of him, 3 chapters after being cut in two and JKR doing nothing etc

Fucking Kanki still being alive and Riboku talking to him for hours doesn’t help. If Riboku had decided himself before that JKR would have maybe moved before

all in all the whole situation is not satisfying at all

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I had no idea you guys liked Jyoukaryuu this much lmfao, I literally saw him as just some aged warrior but this thread is up in arms about his death lmfao. Now you guys feel my pain from Gakuhaku Kou’s untimely demise…

This argument would make more sense if it was a thrusting blow like what Houken did to Ouki but it isn't, it is a full downwards slice that has nearly bisected Zenou. The injury is much bigger than the glaive blade, it goes through at least one of Zenou's lungs and it is an injury that has killed numerous characters in the past in seconds (e.g. Keisha, Mangoku, Chougaryuu, Houken etc.).
It’s still not an injury that would immediately kill someone. Hell literally last arc, Ryuhaku Kou took an identical injury and he didn’t die immediately either, he actually lived long enough to hold Raido’s Glaive in his body so that Ryufu could then capture Raido without Raido being able to fight back.

Zenou’s injury was fatal, but it wasn’t instantly fatal. I can easily see him surviving in a mortally wounded condition for a few minutes like this, especially a brutal mofo like Zenou who powers through extreme injuries. I’ve seen animals survive gunshots to the head for several minutes irl.

Like I said to Rayan00, if Zenou had done this immediately after JKR had sliced through him, I could have bought it but two chapters of JKR just sitting there waiting to die is flat out dumb.
I didn’t think so at all, but more on that below.

Well seeing a proper fight would be nice when we haven't even had one proper duel so far in this arc. Just a bunch of curb stomps and interruptions.
1v1 fights are often contrived and overrated, and I think they would be extremely out of place this arc when you have commanders like Riboku and Kanki who would never allow traditional 1v1s like Ouki vs Houken to occur because they’re too focused on winning the battle to allow such nonsense. I think this brutal slog and deathfest we’ve got between Riboku’s men and Kanki’s has been much more intense than some 1v1 would’ve been.

When a character's strength gets hyped up, folk usually want to see the hype delivered on. See the portrayal of Kochou. Kochou was hyped up as some major fighting beast only to pussy out like a total bitch. That was utterly disappointing, might as well have never mentioned his fighting ability since it was never relevant.
I loved Kochou personally, looking at his feats in hindsight, outside of his defeat the man imo 100% lived up to his hype, I can’t think of any commanders below Great General level who could’ve stalled Ousen, Yotanwa, and Kanki out for a year straight like Kochou did.

Besides, like I said elsewhere here, somebody should have been around to properly stall Zenou from reaching Riboku because fodder shouldn't have done the job considering Zenou typically tears through them like a one man pain train. Lol.
Zenou was covered in arrows and was already quite badly wounded even before this whole ambush began. Zenou was probably at less than 20% of his ability by the time Jyoukaryuu got to him, the man had taken like 3 dozen arrow wounds in two days, lol

There were the Generals of Ganmon and Gian to kill. Could have given them some glory in this arc. Could have brought back Batei and Kisui considering their hatred of Kanki. There were other potential options besides a Seika General. Not that I am completely against a Seika General dying, I am just against a Seika General dying like a complete chump.
I think these Northern Generals are much more relevant to the larger plot than the Seika Generals are, I mean these are the guys who have fought and bled with Riboku back when he was still making a name for himself, they are closer to Riboku than any other Zhao commanders we’ve seen outside of like, Kaine and Futei. Killing them has an entirely different meaning from killing a relatively irrelevant commander like Jyoukaryuu.

Like Kanki is still alive, why the hell did JKR just decide to chill besides Zenou's corpse for minutes while there were still enemies around?
I’m pretty positive Zenou was holding his Glaive in place to prevent him from moving, just like Ryuhaku did before dying. That’s the only explanation for his Glaive not coming out, that Zenou was somehow holding it in place which would make perfect sense, and we’ve already seen this happen before.

Why not just order one of his men to get a new weapon for him to use to deal with more Kanki troops?
Why would he even view that as necessary? Kanki had like, two dozen wounded and exhausted men left vs Riboku’s now hundreds of healthy soldiers. It’s kind of like asking why Riboku doesn’t charge into slay Kanki’s men rather than letting his own men slay them. Like, the Zhao are fine, they have so many more men alive than Kanki does, there is no need for Jyoukaryuu to charge in guns blazing like this lol.

I always thought Jyoukaryuu was disposable due to the existence of Jiaga. They are just hype tools for the real duo. In regards to how I feel it was executed, 2 whole chapters leading up to this moment felt like an eternity which makes it feel contrived but pacing has been atrocious since the ambush anyway. But I don’t mind the actual death itself, it’s different from what we usually expect.

Side note, I think we can expect at least 1 more death from the Zhao side. My candidate picks are Kohakukou, Bafuji, or Enkan.

I had no idea you guys liked Jyoukaryuu this much lmfao, I literally saw him as just some aged warrior but this thread is up in arms about his death lmfao. Now you guys feel my pain from Gakuhaku Kou’s untimely demise…
At least Gakuhaku got a cool fight and went out like a man in a reasonable situation. JKR went out like a chump cause he decided to chill next to a supposed corpse for several minutes while an active battle was still underway. Lol.
It’s still not an injury that would immediately kill someone.
Houken and Chougaryuu both died immediately from this exact injury, Keisha went out in about a dozen seconds from a similar injury and Mangoku achieved an at best 30 second conversation with Shin with a similar injury. All of them were certainly incapable of fighting any further after such a blow.

This type of injury has killed multiple characters quickly throughout this manga. Meanwhile, Zenou has been bleeding out for minutes with this exact same injury that immediately felled feckin Houken and somehow has enough strength to crush a man's head with a single hand.
Hell literally last arc, Ryuhaku Kou took an identical injury and he didn’t die immediately either, he actually lived long enough to hold Raido’s Glaive in his body so that Ryufu could then capture Raido without Raido being able to fight back.
Wrong on both counts. Different injuries and the bloke still died immediately. It was a death grip, not his own body that held the glaive in place.
Zenou’s injury was fatal, but it wasn’t instantly fatal. I can easily see him surviving in a mortally wounded condition for a few minutes like this, especially a brutal mofo like Zenou who powers through extreme injuries.
You say that like we haven't seen this kind of injury down a Top Tier instantly in Houken.
1v1 fights are often contrived and overrated, and I think they would be extremely out of place this arc when you have commanders like Riboku and Kanki who would never allow traditional 1v1s like Ouki vs Houken to occur because they’re too focused on winning the battle to allow such nonsense. I think this brutal slog and deathfest we’ve got between Riboku’s men and Kanki’s has been much more intense than some 1v1 would’ve been.
How is martial Generals confronting each other a contrived concept? Like would it really have been all that contrived for a martial General to confront Zenou to stop him from reaching Riboku? Or for other characters to confront each other as what usually happens in this manga and what happened anyway with the likes of Futei Vs Ringyoku? Was there anything stopping both a brutal and some 1v1s from happening?

You know what is really contrived? Some chump standing in the same spot for several minutes/multiple chapters during an active battle just so he can be killed by what should be a twice dead man. Lel.
I loved Kochou personally, looking at his feats in hindsight, outside of his defeat the man imo 100% lived up to his hype, I can’t think of any commanders below Great General level who could’ve stalled Ousen, Yotanwa, and Kanki out for a year straight like Kochou did.
How did any of this address my point about how Kochou's martial hype was not delivered on?

Also, "outside of his defeat"? What, you mean outside of when the dude was actually active onscreen, he was impressive? Lol.

Are you going to tell me with a straight face that this level of hype was delivered on?
Hell, you didn't seem to happy about the result back then either.
I wonder what the purpose of giving Kochou all that hype was lol. Are we truly going to learn nothing else about him or his relevance to Zhao? All that hype just to fuel the Kanki hype train? Lol

We all knew Kanki was going to win this, but damn was Kochou disappointing. If ever there was a time for Ousen to swoop in and get somebody to join his army, it should’ve been with Gakuhaku Kou at Eikyuu #RIP
That doesn't exactly sound like the words of a man who thought that Kochou's hype was delivered on.
Zenou was covered in arrows and was already quite badly wounded even before this whole ambush began. Zenou was probably at less than 20% of his ability by the time Jyoukaryuu got to him, the man had taken like 3 dozen arrow wounds in two days, lol
Come on, really? Arrow wounds are enough to make Zenou physically weak enough to get stalled by fodder troopers but a halfway bisection that goes through at least one of his lungs doesn't stop him from having enough strength to singlehandedly (literally) crush a High Tier's skull after several minutes of bleeding out? :ohreally:
I think these Northern Generals are much more relevant to the larger plot than the Seika Generals are, I mean these are the guys who have fought and bled with Riboku back when he was still making a name for himself, they are closer to Riboku than any other Zhao commanders we’ve seen outside of like, Kaine and Futei. Killing them has an entirely different meaning from killing a relatively irrelevant commander like Jyoukaryuu.
Shouldn't that be more reason for these Generals to be the ones around to protect, bleed and die for Riboku? To give Riboku some personal loss against fighting Kanki? Shouldn't that give us some actually meaningful deaths?

JKR being labelled irrelevant should kinda hammer home how lacklustre his death has been. It isn't even a cool death due to the poor execution of it. Feckin Gaku Ei got a far more memorable and meaningful death than this guy.
I’m pretty positive Zenou was holding his Glaive in place to prevent him from moving, just like Ryuhaku did before dying. That’s the only explanation for his Glaive not coming out, that Zenou was somehow holding it in place which would make perfect sense, and we’ve already seen this happen before.
Zenou consciously holding that thing in place should have been an immediate alert that he was alive. How would he even be holding it? By tensing his giant gaping wound? Lol.

Ryuhaku was genuinely dead, it was a death grip with his hand and Raido didn't spend multiple chapters holding his stuck glaive like a muppet.
Why would he even view that as necessary? Kanki had like, two dozen wounded and exhausted men left vs Riboku’s now hundreds of healthy soldiers. It’s kind of like asking why Riboku doesn’t charge into slay Kanki’s men rather than letting his own men slay them. Like, the Zhao are fine, they have so many more men alive than Kanki does, there is no need for Jyoukaryuu to charge in guns blazing like this lol.
JKR's entire role is being the muscle of whatever force he is attached to. He isn't much of a tactician by his own admission.
So it would only be natural for the guy whose entire job is killing fools, to go confront and then kill the next fool. Not sit around a presumed corpse for several minutes, especially when he is the strongest bloke there.

Riboku is a poor comparison since he is the brains of the operation and is not a Fierce General. JKR is the brawn and is 100% a frontline fighting Fierce General. It is literally his job.

Besides, isn't logical to go confront the still active even if supposedly minor threat than to sit pointlessly for several minutes next to a dead one? Generals get land and gold rewards for accomplishments so being the one to remove Kanki's head would be personally enriching.

By all logical accounts, staying next to Zenou's presumed corpse for minutes on end is contrived and stupid.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Houken and Chougaryuu both died immediately from this exact injury, Keisha went out in about a dozen seconds from a similar injury and Mangoku achieved an at best 30 second conversation with Shin with a similar injury. All of them were certainly incapable of fighting any further after such a blow.
Nah you’re playing with perception too loosely here. We don’t technically know that Houken and Garyuu died instantly from such wounds, we only know that they passed out from those wounds and for all we know, their bodies continued functioning for several minutes before their ultimate deaths.

And I certainly wouldn’t describe Zenou as “capable of fighting” from the few spoiler panels I’ve seen. I would describe him as being conscious and capable of exerting one last desperate, all-out burst of strength in defiance of his momentary death, but I’m not expecting him to pick his mace back up and keep fighting lmfao. That would be some shit.

Like I said, I’ve seen animals take gunshots to the head and live on for several minutes. I once saw a raccoon get shot in the head, and then several minutes later when the guy who shot it went to skin it (thinking it was dead), the raccoon flared it’s claws and started swinging claws at him. This was after minutes of a gunshot wound to the head where the animal was lying completely still. We assumed it was dead but it wasn’t and still was able to defend itself in those circumstances. This is how I see this Zenou moment. He is a savage animal on the brink of death, exerting his last ounces of strength before his body ceases to function.

The fact that Houken, Garyuu, Mangoku or who else blacked out shortly after such injuries while Zenou did not, speaks to how much of a savage animal Zenou is. This is a moment meant to make us understand Zenou’s character on a deeper level, illustrated much more effectively than some 1v1 imo because now we can clearly see what a monster Zenou is deep down in a very visceral manner.

How is martial Generals confronting each other a contrived concept? Like would it really have been all that contrived for a martial General to confront Zenou to stop him from reaching Riboku? Or for other characters to confront each other as what usually happens in this manga and what happened anyway with the likes of Futei Vs Ringyoku? Was there anything stopping both a brutal and some 1v1s from happening?
We did see this though. We did see a martial General confront him when Jyoukaryuu confronted him. Zenou was already wounded by that point because the men he had faced up to that point figured it was probably a good idea to pepper the giant screaming man-hulk with arrows before confronting him personally: which makes perfect sense.

And I’d love to know how Hara could’ve drawn a more brutal 1v1 than what he drew with Zenou and Jyoukaryuu here lol, this shit was brutal af.

Also, "outside of his defeat"? What, you mean outside of when the dude was actually active onscreen, he was impressive? Lol.
Aight fair point I see what you meant lmfao. Kochou did slay multiple Shuma with a gaping neck wound and no backup which is good enough for me really, Kochou historically was not a hugely important Great General so in hindsight it was unrealistic for Hara to draw him as a 3GH level commander anyway.

Hell, you didn't seem to happy about the result back then either.
Cut a guy a break lol, hindsight is 20/20 and opinions change. I also remember initially hating Hara’s motivation for having Kanki behead 100K Zhao, but in retrospect I’m fine with that now too and I love Kanki’s characterization that we got this arc.

Come on, really? Arrow wounds are enough to make Zenou physically weak enough to get stalled by fodder troopers but a halfway bisection that goes through at least one of his lungs doesn't stop him from having enough strength to singlehandedly (literally) crush a High Tier's skull after several minutes of bleeding out?
Yes. I don’t understand the issue with that? Zenos was so weakened that the swarms of Zhao soldiers were too much for him to get through to Riboku in the timeframe he had, I don’t understand the issue with that? He still broke Bafuuji’s arm in one blow did he not?

Shouldn't that be more reason for these Generals to be the ones around to protect, bleed and die for Riboku? To give Riboku some personal loss against fighting Kanki? Shouldn't that give us some actually meaningful deaths?
What? I mean, if that’s what Hara was going for this arc then sure but clearly that’s not what Hara is going for right now. This is almost like asking why we didn’t get a Kansaro backstory this arc. Like, it’s not time for that yet? If ever? I don’t understand why it would be necessary to do this right now, especially when Riboku’s ultimate story is not climaxing right now anyway.

Feckin Gaku Ei got a far more memorable and meaningful death than this guy.
I mean, what’s more memorable is subjective lol, but Gakuei’s death served a very specific purpose, to show the level that Shin had reached at that time, being able to one-shot a respectably strong General.

Jyoukaryuu’s death also illustrates a purpose, to show what a savage motherfucker Zenou is.

Zenou consciously holding that thing in place should have been an immediate alert that he was alive. How would he even be holding it? By tensing his giant gaping wound? Lol.
See, this is the most confusing part of your post to me. On the one hand, you say this:

JKR's entire role is being the muscle of whatever force he is attached to. He isn't much of a tactician by his own admission.
But on the other hand, you say this:

Besides, isn't logical to go confront the still active even if supposedly minor threat than to sit pointlessly for several minutes next to a dead one?
So in the exact same post, you go from

“Jyoukaryuu isn’t exactly a logical tactician type commander, why would he hold back from charging into Kanki’s HQ?”

To

“Jyoukaryuu standing by Zenou is extremely illogical and a dumb move, this makes no sense.”

It seems to me like Jyoukaryuu making decisions that make no sense should exactly match the way you are portraying him, no? Lol

I think the reality is that Jyoukaryuu is certainly not a dumb brute, he is not a tactician sure but there’s a difference between not being a tactician and being a dumb commander.

Jyoukaryuu is smart enough to know that him charging into Kanki’s headquarters in these circumstances is completely unnecessary, so he doesn’t do it. He is watching the battlefield to see what moves he needs to make next (if any) before making them, assuming Zenou is dead when Zenou is in fact a monster who is still alive. He tries to pull his Glaive from Zenou and fails, probably just assuming that Zenou has yet to fully die and decides to leave his Glaive in until the life has drained from Zenou, but also not seeing the need to attack him again given that the wound he just took was so grievous.

I don’t see why that’s so unbelievable, lol