Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
Nan

Banana vs Earl Shi at least are two great fighters and portrayed as such

Here it’s just underestimation of past opponents thinking they grew weaker because the story progressed

Rinko and Earl Shi have One piece pre time skip syndrome where everyone underestimating them while forgetting the portrayal
Not at all the same characters simply get stronger look at Lucci, Kaku

Rinko and Earl Shi have One piece pre time skip syndrome where everyone underestimating them while forgetting the portrayal
Tbf a portion of that blame can be put on Oda for not having the foresight of how high the ceiling would end up getting, which makes a lot of the early feats not entirely consistent with the current perception of the world.

With Kingdom, Hara had a general understanding from the very beginning with the introduction of Ouki and Moubu.

The difference is that unlike Crocodile, Lucci, Kaku and other pre-TS villains who can make a comeback cuz they're not dead and can get stronger via Shounen inflation, dudes like Rinko, Earl Shi, Gyou'Un, etc are fucking dead lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Karin at least has good strength stat so we know Hara is planing for her to be a beast. Chougaryuu's only real martial feat is dueling Shin for less then one chapter, landing few heavy blows and then dying.
I don’t think you understand how much stronger Shukai Shin is than Sanyou Shin. It was a miracle Sanyou Shin survived even one of Renpa’s blows, let alone two. Years later Shin is fighting equally with multiple guys directly compared to Renpa.

Let me ask you this: do you think Rinko can fight Renpa for any meaningful length of time? Because the Shin that Garyuu thrashed can.

Renpa did not need anyone shouldering the role of a fighter for him, because Renpa himself is a powerful warrior in contrast to Rinshoujo. That does not mean Rinko is not primarily a combat-oriented commander, because we both know he is.
Correct, Renpa did not need martial subordinates. While Rinshoujou did need them. I don’t see how you guys don’t see how this makes Garyuu’s role as a martial commander even more vital than Renpa’s martial commanders.

Yes, for like two panels, while rest of the times he sits in his HQ. Even guys like Denrimi and Ryuukoku were shown going to the front on some ocasions, that doesn't mean it's their regular way of operating.
No, I showed you Garyuu leading from the front and so did @Owl Ki . Literally we have multiple instances of Garyuu leading from the front and personally slaying enemies himself. We don’t have a single instance of Denrimi or Ryuukoku fighting at the front. Maybe for Ryuuukoku we might I don’t remember.

All I'm saying is that being a tactician is his primeral role, but in addition he is a decent fighter.
Being a tactician is not his primary role. Rinshoujou himself was a tactician, Rinshoujou didn’t need any more tacticians. You know what Rinshoujou did need?

He needed weighty warriors since he himself couldn’t do that. And thus this was the explicit role Garyuu served.

This quote doesn’t say “excluding Chougaryuu, who was his shield and also primarily a tactician, the Ten Heroes were all martial generals.” No, it simply says that all Ten of them were warriors. Since that is what Rinshoujou needed.

Shin lost his conciousness against Gyou'un and literally died fighting Houken. Meanwhile Chougaryuu fought him for less then one chapter. Thats it. Chougaryuu's performance was nowhere near theirs and it definitely was not as impressive as Rinko who's defeat was nothing short of a miracle and nearly killed Shin if not for the intervention.
You really don’t seem to understand how much stronger Shukai Shin is than Sanyou Shin lol. Alright, here is Sanyou Shin:

This is Shukai Shin:

This is Sanyou Shin:

This is Shukai Shin:

Shukai Shin was fighting equally with characters who would, worst case scenario, low diff Sanyou Shin.

And don’t make me repost the half dozen pages of Garyuu beating Shukai Shin’s ass. “Oh Shukai Shin beat Garyuu in less than a day” Shukai Shin would beat Sanyou Shin in less than a minute, literally no clue why yall think Sanyou Shin belongs within a country mile of the characters we are discussing here.

Let me ask you this: do you think Rinko can fight Renpa for any meaningful length of time? Because the Shin that Garyuu thrashed can.
Shin isn't constantly fighting with close to Renpa tier strength in every duel lmao.

Correct, Renpa did not need martial subordinates. While Rinshoujou did need them. I don’t see how you guys don’t see how this makes Garyuu’s role as a martial commander even more vital than Renpa’s martial commanders.
Rinko would be equally as vital if not moreso to carry the martial burden if he served RSJ.

Shukai Shin was fighting equally with characters who would, worst case scenario, low diff Sanyou Shin.
The Shin that fought Garyuu would not low diff Sanyou Shin.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I don’t think you understand how much stronger Shukai Shin is than Sanyou Shin. It was a miracle Sanyou Shin survived even one of Renpa’s blows, let alone two. Years later Shin is fighting equally with multiple guys directly compared to Renpa.

No, I showed you Garyuu leading from the front and so did @Owl Ki . Literally we have multiple instances of Garyuu leading from the front and personally slaying enemies himself. We don’t have a single instance of Denrimi or Ryuukoku fighting at the front. Maybe for Ryuuukoku we might I don’t remember.

Being a tactician is not his primary role. Rinshoujou himself was a tactician, Rinshoujou didn’t need any more tacticians. You know what Rinshoujou did need?

He needed weighty warriors since he himself couldn’t do that. And thus this was the explicit role Garyuu served.

This quote doesn’t say “excluding Chougaryuu, who was his shield and also primarily a tactician, the Ten Heroes were all martial generals.” No, it simply says that all Ten of them were warriors. Since that is what Rinshoujou needed.

You really don’t seem to understand how much stronger Shukai Shin is than Sanyou Shin lol. Alright, here is Sanyou Shin:

This is Shukai Shin:

This is Sanyou Shin:

This is Shukai Shin:

And don’t make me repost the half dozen pages of Garyuu beating Shukai Shin’s ass. “Oh Shukai Shin beat Garyuu in less than a day” Shukai Shin would beat Sanyou Shin in less than a minute, literally no clue why yall think Sanyou Shin belongs within a country mile of the characters we are discussing here.
You know that Shin doesn’t always have the same level within arcs ? Sometimes he is insanely strong, sometimes quite less.

and you’re underestimating Sanyou Shin a lot when he is in the zone

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You know that Shin doesn’t always have the same level within arcs ? Sometimes he is insanely strong, sometimes quite less.

and you’re underestimating Sanyou Shin a lot when he is in the zone
He doesn’t vary that much lol. At no point was Shukai Shin as weak as Sanyou Shin. Base Shin (IE non weighted Shin) was fighting equally with Gyou’Un’s blows which he directly compared to Gaimou and Renpa. This is where Sanyou Shin would’ve been killed. Optimistically I’d give Sanyou Shin five blows against Gyou’Un, best case scenario and Gyou’Un would have to be having the worst day of his career.

This is also where Rinko would have died. I’m fine with the idea of Rinko being stronger than Sanyou Shin but Gyou’Un would have eaten him alive in 5 minutes or less.

I have now also remembered the time that Chougaryuu was personally leading a pursuit of Ouhon. Lol.
At this rate, we are going to find more panels of Chougaryuu fighting on the frontlines of Shukai Plains than of Rinko fighting on the frontlines of Sanyou. :suresure:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Base Shin (IE non weighted Shin) was fighting equally with Gyou’Un’s blows which he directly compared to Gaimou and Renpa.
Nope, if you read the fight again Gyou Un was destroying Shin left and right asap. And only after he insulted is relationship with Ouki he started to use his weight and was a real match for Gyou Un. And even with his weight Gyou un dominated the duel, to the point Shin was left on the ground after it.

‘So beginning of Shukai plains Base Shin wasn’t at all dueling equally with Gyou Un

That's how you know you have no argument when you strawman us to say CGR wasn't a fighter. Sou'Ou led from the front too, yet I see no one here saying he's above Rinko.
One of the arguments that was brought up is that because Rinko is a frontline commander and Chougaryuu supposedly isn't, Rinko must be martially stronger than CGR.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/general-kingdom-spoiler.15/page-584#post-5312079

"Rinko is a real fighter", implying that Chougaryuu isn't.

Two problems are (1) Chougaryuu is very much a capable frontline commander + fighter and (2) being a frontline commander doesn't guarantee winning a duel against a backseat commander anyway. Mougou would flatten Mangoku and Gokei would slay Gaku'ei for example.

Two problems are (1) Chougaryuu is very much a capable frontline commander + fighter and (2) being a frontline commander doesn't guarantee winning a duel against a backseat commander anyway. Mougou would flatten Mangoku and Gokei would slay Gaku'ei for example.
Yeah I never argued against this, someone else may have though. Rinshoujou could very well lead charges.

But here's the kicker. There's a difference between being a martial oriented commander and being a frontline commander, and Rinko definitively fits into the first category. Rinshoujou's brain is far and away his most dominant attribute.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Nope, if you read the fight again Gyou Un was destroying Shin left and right asap. And only after he insulted is relationship with Ouki he started to use his weight and was a real match for Gyou Un. And even with his weight Gyou un dominated the duel, to the point Shin was left on the ground after it.

‘So beginning of Shukai plains Base Shin wasn’t at all dueling equally with Gyou Un
I guess it depends on how you define equally because there’s like 10 blows on this page alone that Shin and Gyou’Un trade:

Gyou’Un was basically just sparring and not fully fighting seriously yet but this is definitely Shin fighting him somewhat equally. Lol

And I’m not going to go back and analyze the whole fight but weighted Shin gets some heavy strikes in on Gyou’Un, it’s from that point on where they actually fight as “equals”.

And like I said, Rinko doesn’t last any real period of time against Gyou’Un. Gyou’Un is martially tiers beyond Rinko and it’s not even close. I’d put Garyuu closer to Gyou’Un than Rinko.