Anime & Manga General OP Shipping Thread

its not just a captain thing it is but its not just that they could of all talked about this collectively they have a more openly relationship like friends rather than captain and crewmate she confides in luffy thats why the hug was so impactful she felt terrible and did not know how to face the captain
She confided in Luffy... because he's the captain. If she feels responsible that is the first person she would naturally go to speak about it. Also she felt terrible because of Sanji.

She confided in Luffy... because he's the captain. If she feels responsible that is the first person she would naturally go to speak about it. Also she felt terrible because of Sanji.
Well Chopper looked just like he was happy to catch up with the crew and he didn't bring up Sanji at all. This really just helps my point that Nami was massively more important than Chopper and Brook when it came to convincing Luffy to go after Sanji
Hugs are emotional, it has nothing to do with the rank in a crew. It wasn't needed to explain the matter to Luffy. She did it either because she needed it.

Again all Brook did was spew exposition that wasn't really important to to the argument. Chopper was the second most involved in the debate and he had a one word clapback and didn't bother continuing. Nami was the main factor and no, her being more important does not act as an excuse for them barely doing anything. Again at the party Nami was the first to bring it up. She felt the most troubled with the situation and it is shown by her doing the most about it
That’s not true, it was important. Just as Chopper’s was. She was not the main factor, as again, Pekoms was the one that convinced Luffy. She told him the entire story and he was still unsure about what it meant. Nami being more important does, because if she has the spotlight then others don’t. She is more important, thus more highlighted. This is the same for Zoro. As a matter of fact, this is why Zoro was more prominent among the Dressrosa group. It’s the exact same thing. She wasn’t the most troubled by it, either. They were all troubled, and then Luffy found out exactly what was going to happen from Pekoms, and then he was the most. She was absolutely concerned, but not more than anyone else.

That’s not true, it was important. Just as Chopper’s was. She was not the main factor, as again, Pekoms was the one that convinced Luffy. She told him the entire story and he was still unsure about what it meant. Nami being more important does, because if she has the spotlight then others don’t. She is more important, thus more highlighted. This is the same for Zoro. As a matter of fact, this is why Zoro was more prominent among the Dressrosa group. It’s the exact same thing. She wasn’t the most troubled by it, either. They were all troubled, and then Luffy found out exactly what was going to happen from Pekoms, and then he was the most. She was absolutely concerned, but not more than anyone else.
It was not important to the argument with Zoro. What Brook said really didn't contribute to the argument at all. All he said was what happened before with Sanji in bege's castle and jamming out. The biggest argument you have outside of him was Chopper who actually contributed to the debate for 2 speech bubbles and butted out later. Then he proposed that going after him might be possible (only after Luffy said his opinion about it). And brook then started talking about Nekomamushi.

It was not important to the argument with Zoro. What Brook said really didn't contribute to the argument at all. All he said was what happened before with Sanji in bege's castle and jamming out. The biggest argument you have outside of him was Chopper who actually contributed to the debate for 2 speech bubbles and butted out later. Then he proposed that going after him might be possible (only after Luffy said his opinion about it). And brook then started talking about Nekomamushi.
Even when Luffy proposed the idea Chopper initially was not digging the idea until later in the scene

It doesn’t matter if it was important to the argument with Zoro, it was important, just as chopper was. That doesn’t make them less concerned than Nami. Nami was brought to the forefront because she’s more important, just as Zoro was brought to the forefront of the other group because he was more important. This is the reason both Zoro and Nami were highlighted, as they have always been, throughout the entire story. It does not mean that Chopper and Brook weren’t as passionate about it, they were.

It doesn’t matter if it was important to the argument with Zoro, it was important, just as chopper was. That doesn’t make them less concerned than Nami. Nami was brought to the forefront because she’s more important, just as Zoro was brought to the forefront of the other group because he was more important. This is the reason both Zoro and Nami were highlighted, as they have always been, throughout the entire story. It does not mean that Chopper and Brook weren’t as passionate about it, they were.
Again using that "A is more important than B" as a point doesn't back that actually happened. As a pointed earlier, Chopper initially found the idea to go to WCI outrageous along with Zoro. Only after listening to Luffy talk about it more he kinda went along with it and even then he still wasn't totally on board and Brook was just doing his own thing.

Again using that "A is more important than B" as a point doesn't back that actually happened. As a pointed earlier, Chopper initially found the idea to go to WCI outrageous along with Zoro. Only after listening to Luffy talk about it more he kinda went along with it and even then he still wasn't totally on board and Brook was just doing his own thing.
It does back what happened, as it happened the entire story. Nami was more prominent because she is more prominent. She didn’t want Sanji back any more than the others did. That’s fallacious and egregious, and especially wrong the moment Luffy found out.

brook had the same thought process as nami luffy is easily influenced him believing in zoro shit also hes confident in sanji decision making quite simple descalating the tension this is why i always use the term nami is the straight when it comes on to the crew development nami is not the monumental role in wci the arc was revolved around luffy and sanji which as im always saying actions speak louder than words luffy went out of his way to save luffy after he denied him because he believes in sanji dropped him because after seeing what luffy did she felt disappointed in sanjis behavior she holds luffy higher than sanji that is a fact no one can deny that what panel you keep on pointing is an outlier to the whole theme of the arc luffy went the extra mile for sanji nami and the fact that you cant realize this rather than who nami prioritizes most is stupid this was never about nami she had her part at zou with brook and tony but thats as far as it goes nami cares about the crew as a whole but she holds luffy high :lusalty::lusalty:

It does back what happened, as it happened the entire story. Nami was more prominent because she is more prominent. She didn’t want Sanji back any more than the others did. That’s fallacious and egregious, and especially wrong the moment Luffy found out.
She did the most about it and was willing to do the most about it. Her being more prominent doesn't change the fact that they were not potrayed to be determined as she was. Not even close

Last edited:
brook had the same thought process as nami luffy is easily influenced him believing in zoro shit also hes confident in sanji decision making quite simple descalating the tension this is why i always use the term nami is the straight when it comes on to the crew development nami is not the monumental role in wci the arc was revolved around luffy and sanji which as im always saying actions speak louder than words luffy went out of his way to save luffy after he denied him because he believes in sanji dropped him because after seeing what luffy did she felt disappointed in sanjis behavior she holds luffy higher than sanji that is a fact no one can deny that what panel you keep on pointing is an outlier to the whole theme of the arc luffy went the extra mile for sanji nami and the fact that you cant realize this rather than who nami prioritizes most is stupid this was never about nami she had her part at zou with brook and tony but thats as far as it goes nami cares about the crew as a whole but she holds luffy high :lusalty::lusalty:
Again I don't know why Zoro and Luffy downplaying the situation has to do with my point. Being that out of the Straw Hats that were there when Sanji left
Nami took the most initiative, was the most passionate, and more willing to bring Sanji back than Chopper and Brook. As I pointed out Brook did next to nothing. Chopper was more involved and even then he thought the idea of going to WCI was ridiculous and needed more convincing/determination from Luffy to be more invested

She did the most about it and was willing to do the most about it. Her being more prominent doesn't change the fact that they were not as determined as she was and were no where near as portrayed to be that way
Lmao none of that is true. She didn’t do the most about it, she wasn’t willing to do the most about it (both of which distinctions belong to Luffy and Luffy alone), they were just as determined as her and absolutely were portrayed to be that way, as WCI itself showed. Brook actually fought an emperor on his own, and you’re trying to say he wasn’t as determined? That’s actual nonsense.

Lmao none of that is true. She didn’t do the most about it, she wasn’t willing to do the most about it (both of which distinctions belong to Luffy and Luffy alone), they were just as determined as her and absolutely were portrayed to be that way, as WCI itself showed. Brook actually fought an emperor on his own, and you’re trying to say he wasn’t as determined? That’s actual nonsense.
That's not how it was portrayed in Zou, which is my point. :pepeke: Again Nami was portrayed to be the most proactive and concerned about Sanji and his situation. As I stated earlier, Chopper initially did not like the idea to go to WCI and ask him. He later then found it plausible, them decided to tag along after Nami asked first

That's not how it was portrayed in Zou, which is my point. :pepeke: Again Nami was portrayed to be the most proactive and concerned about Sanji and his situation. As I stated earlier, Chopper initially did not like the idea to go to WCI and ask him. He later then found it plausible, them decided to tag along after Nami asked first
It reinforces what Brook felt in Zou. If he wasn’t that determined at any point, he wouldn’t have done what he did in WCI. Hell, he wouldn’t have gone with them to begin with. Nami wasn’t portrayed as the most proactive and concerned, that would have been Luffy the moment he found out and was willing to leave everyone behind and go on his own and then catch up to them in Wano. No matter how you try to twist it, none of what you said was true.

It reinforces what Brook felt in Zou. If he wasn’t that determined at any point, he wouldn’t have done what he did in WCI. Hell, he wouldn’t have gone with them to begin with. Nami wasn’t portrayed as the most proactive and concerned, that would have been Luffy the moment he found out and was willing to leave everyone behind and go on his own and then catch up to them in Wano. No matter how you try to twist it, none of what you said was true.
Again I don't understand the point of bringing Luffy as a comparisonin this conversation since the subject is about convincing him to go to WCI. Also I'm not twisting anything? The only time I saw genuine proactiveness from brook was the chapter nami told luffy to not feast and to go sooner, (also after chopper agreed to go). The whole cake thing happened in whole cake. Nothing to do with my point. Nami being portrayed as more passionate about the idea of retrieving Sanji in Zou isn't me twisting anything, that's what was shown.

Again I don't understand the point of bringing Luffy as a comparisonin this conversation since the subject is about convincing him to go to WCI. Also I'm not twisting anything? The only time I saw genuine proactiveness from brook was the chapter nami told luffy to not feast and to go sooner, (also after chopper agreed to go). The whole cake thing happened in whole cake. Nothing to do with my point. Nami being portrayed as more passionate about the idea of retrieving Sanji in Zou isn't me twisting anything, that's what was shown.
Luffy is important because she didn’t convince him, despite your assertion that she was the most important in getting him to go. That was Pekoms, and then from that point on he was the driving force behind it. You said that Brook wasn’t as determined, that was false, and he proved how he felt later. The argument that “the whole cake thing happened in whole cake” is garbage because you said that Brook wasn’t determined like Nami was while they were in Zou, except that what he did on WCI is the demonstration of what he felt on Zou. It is, because after the initial introduction of the problem, Nami wasn’t. She wasn’t the driver of it, that was Luffy once he found out what was going on. She wasn’t more passionate than Luffy about it, she wasn’t more passionate than Brook or Chopper either, as they proved. You’re twisting it by trying to make it more about Nami than it was to make your ship seem viable. It wasn’t about her more than anyone else.

Because she didn’t convince him. That was Pekoms, and then from that point on he was the driving force behind it. You said that Brook wasn’t as determined, that was false, and he proved how he felt later. The argument that “the whole cake thing happened in whole cake” is garbage because you said that Brook wasn’t determined like Nami was while they were in Zou, except that what he did on WCI is the demonstration of what he felt on Zou. It is, because after the initial introduction of the problem, Nami wasn’t. She wasn’t the driver of it, that was Luffy once he found out what was going on. She wasn’t more passionate than Luffy about it, she wasn’t more passionate than Brook or Chopper either, as they proved. You’re twisting it by trying to make it more about Nami than it was to make your ship seem viable. It wasn’t about her more than anyone else.
Again bringing up Luffy is meaningless im this conversation. Brook felt more eager and willing to go by chapter 820 when they packed their bags. This was way after the debate on the way to nekomamushi, after the pekoms info dump chapter as well. Before that we got.... Him providing exposition of what happened and singing. Even before the facts were out, Nami was the only one who brought up the severity of the situation before pekoms. Chopper did this for one panel and peep from him until they left after the Jack attack on zunisha. And yes in zou it was about portraying how nami felt primarliy because as I said brook did zlitch in showing his willingness to go until chapter 820 (after the whole issue marinated for a while and nami and chopper decided to accompany Luffy). Chopper was reluctant to go in the first place as well, unlike Nami who had unwaivering determination to at least figure out what was going on