You don't believe that you are on the right side of history for thinking that slavery is a bad thing ?
I have a principled stance against owning people, idc what "side of history" i am on.

If 1000 years later for some reason it is found to be actually good to own people would it change anything? No? Then no, you don't gaf about that shit

If 1000 years later for some reason it is found to be actually good to own people would it change anything?
The good side of history doesn't mean the side that is seen as good by the current society or the future ones, it means the "JUST" side, no matter the time. But if you don't really care to be on the "just" side.. well ..

Imagine saying its wrong to say that empathy can lead us to understand what is just or not in society.

Non j'rigole !

Mais imagine quand même..
You said Empathy is just. No not all the time. It's good to have Empathy but it can also lead to bad choices. Instead you just say all that garbage. Bro you keep saying one thing then put your foot in your mouth by saying stupid shit.
Post automatically merged:

A slave owner is empathic to another slave owner who lost his slaves, and it was morally just 200 years ago. It's clearly a societal thing.
Yes, but you know he's going to complain that it's basically not a modern problem.

You said Empathy is just. No not all the time.
Wrong. I said that empathy can LEAD US to UNDERSTAND what is just or not.

But no. Empathy is not "not just". Its a good thing, even when it lead us to do bad things.

Bro you keep saying one thing then put your foot in your mouth by saying stupid shit.
You keep deforming what I say mate. You just took my sentence and make me say something completely different. Can't you read ?

A slave owner is empathic to another slave owner who lost his slaves, and it was morally just 200 years ago. It's clearly a societal thing.
Indeed, and that's a good thing, it means that humanity is still there no matter the context.

The point - that you guys are missing once again - is that no matter the societal structure of society. There will always be empathic toward people who suffer. Someone that can challenge the nature of said society and its injustice. Because that who we are, social animals. That's why empathy IS the tool to make us understand what is just or not to do, no matter the context.

You guys.. are really really REALLY sad.

You said Empathy is just. No not all the time. It's good to have Empathy but it can also lead to bad choices. Instead you just say all that garbage. Bro you keep saying one thing then put your foot in your mouth by saying stupid shit.

Yes, but you know he's going to complain that it's basically not a modern problem.
In reality I said empathy, but I forgot one of the most foundamental factor also :

KNOWLEDGE

Empathy is necessary, but there will be a moment where empathy can indeed be used against you. And in that case its time for knowledge to fight. And by knowledge I mean science and scientific research.

Documenting the structural nature of society and its history can help us counter it.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Wrong. I said that empathy can LEAD US to UNDERSTAND what is just or not.

But no. Empathy is not "not just". Its a good thing, even when it lead us to do bad things.

You keep deforming what I say mate. You just took my sentence and make me say something completely different. Can't you read ?

Indeed, and that's a good thing, it means that humanity is still there no matter the context.

The point - that you guys are missing once again - is that no matter the societal structure of society. There will always be empathic toward people who suffer. Someone that can challenge the nature of said society and its injustice. Because that who we are, social animals. That's why empathy IS the tool to make us understand what is just or not to do, no matter the context.

You guys.. are really really REALLY sad.
No my dear virtue signaling projector. Empathy has always existed. It has existed even among the scummiest vestiges throughout history. Didn't matter of it was a dictatorship or warmongering. It is society that determines where empathy is mostly aimed towards. Empathy can also cause suffering, and before you deliberately misinterpret again, there are people empathic towards billionaires and think they are hard workers who needs help.

Ok this alone is just more proof that you don't understand even the basics. Just increasing minimum wage to $30 an hour wont solve the problem. There is nothing stopping corporations from simply firing a chunk of their workers and gouging prices, making the worker class suffer even more. There are no regulations in place to stop that right now.

It's so simple....
And that's why all companies must be owned by the employees and the working class be abolished

AL sama

Red Haired
If Al doesn’t want to talk about it then let it be. Not trying to be rude here but there are more serious disabilities. I don’t lack sympathy or empathy for you in your condition but you’re better off than most disabled people and I hope you find the strength to navigate through your own problems.
don't bother

he doesn't have the ability to understand how him claiming his 'lack of motivation" as a disability can offend people like me

Real science. Not your wannabe pseudo science.

Guy what're you talking about....the very nature of captialism is to extract captial from others to increase your wealth. It greatly benefits the owner class who can easily extract wealth from the worker class which creates bigger wealth disparity. The purpose of regulation is to limit inflation, lobbying, monopolies, and wealth disparity, and Government is what applies these regulations in the first place.
The purpose of regulation is no other than helping their friends to beat their enemies or to political propaganda.

Free market is all about competition. So owners can't extract from the worker class because their competition can simply offer a better working environment (and that includes salary of course) and took over. The same about prices, customers can simply stop buying from the company that is asking enormous prices and buy from the one that is asking a reasonable or even a cheaper price. But for that to happen it has to be a competition and regulations ALWAYS makes more difficult for competition when they don't prevent competition at all.

I'm pretty sure I showed you all here the case for the ketchup industry Heinz and how it was benefitied from political regulation to become what it is today and crush their competition.

https://www.aei.org/articles/heinz-and-buffett-big-government-for-thick-ketchup/

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
It gets worse when inflation hits with the price of everything going up (and continuing to go up) even though the wages stay the same for what, the last three+ years or so?

Canada.png
Inflation is when prices goes up due to increased demand. Corporate consumerism is the main component of inflation. Price gouging is where companies hike up prices solely to make a bigger buck.

Main issue is that employee wages are considered corporate liabilities and goes counter productive with their infinite growth chasing.

he doesn't have the ability to understand how him claiming his 'lack of motivation" as a disability can offend people like me
Indeed. I don't understand how someone with a disability can fall so low as implicitely delegitimate someone else's disability in an ableist world where the two of us are already put in competition to delegitimate eachothers by people who think that valuable people are only people who contribute to society.

In my world, we stand with each others no matter the context and we never forget to be empathic or understand that we are not in someone else's shoes to avoid having this very type of ignorant judgement.

Real science. Not your wannabe pseudo science.
I'm still waiting to see it. But strangely, between you and me, I've been the only one to share scientific researches and scientific data so... what science mate ?

And that's why all companies must be owned by the employees and the working class be abolished
Based

Indeed. I don't understand how someone with a disability can fall so low as implicitely delegitimate someone else's disability in an ableist world where the two of us are already put in competition to delegitimate eachothers by people who think that valuable people are only people who contribute to society.

In my world, we stand with each others no matter the context and we never forget to be empathic or understand that we are not in someone else's shoes to avoid having this very type of ignorant judgement.
Damn man, you’re delusional… earlier you said you’d rather cut off both legs than to have your current affliction but I promise you that if were reality you wouldn’t feel that way. You find the motivation to write essays on here all day somehow, put that towards literally anything else even if it’s just creative writing because this is just not it brother.