The whole concept of intellectual property is dumb to me. But we have laws for it anyway.

copyright is dumb

if there was no public domain and everything was copy righted

marvel wouldt have been allowed to adapt norse mythology and tons of series would never been made
Post automatically merged:

Not because they dreamed or because they worked hard. But because of those factors:
- Luck
- Social capital
- Economic capital
- Cultural capital.

Meritocracy is a myth. It never existed

pretty much

everyone has some factor allowing them to suceed where others have failed

say inheritance or connections to already wealthy people

You are confusing inspiration and plagiarism

so you can make a superman film without it.

being plagiarism

That's because you're dumb.

no copyright only serves to increase profits of the rich and allow companies to monopolize on generic ideas that in reality be adapted in a million fucking ways

most stories you love only exist because some ideas are public domain and allowed to be adapted by anyone

That's because you're dumb.

no copyright only serves to increase profits of the rich and allow companies to monopolize on generic ideas that in reality be adapted in a million fucking ways

most stories you love only exist because some ideas are public domain and allowed to be adapted by anyone

ir own compagny replacing them with AI trained ILLEGALY on their OWN work.

ironically enough

the ''anti status quo'' leftist

is defending rich companies

Last edited:
so you can make a superman film without it.

being plagiarism
You will have to wait 10 years to do that. After that, you can do whatever you want with Superman

:luuh:

You still confuse inspiration with plagiarism. Most stories are not based on plagiarism, they are based on inspirations. One Piece is one of the example of that.

In some cases, copyright do protect the interest of the rich. But fortunatly in others, it protect the artists that work and live from their work.

In a society without the need to profit there wouldn't be a need for copyright laws and AI would be at the service of artists, but we do not live in that type of society, so copyright law must stay put until then.

ironically enough

the ''anti status quo'' leftist

is defending rich companies
You are basically showing that you understand nothing to what I'm trying to explain. I'm literally denouncing the usage of AI by big compagnies to replace artists with trained AI Einstein.

Not your brightest strike is it..

You're a fucking idiot if you think independent creators wouldn't be fucked over without copyright. The only screenplay I ever sold made me some very important money at the time, without that copyright, I would've gotten ZERO dollars.

Look, common law and enforcement of the law are normative concepts that only have meaning by it's coercive nature. So coerciveness (violence) is the foundation of these normative concepts, and that's the reason why Weber defines the state in this way.
So common law and enforcement of the law can't define a state by themselves, because both concepts are not the most fundamental
I was thinking that in an anarchy,small groups would protect themselves so the coercion factor is already present.
The problem is the law imo. Multiple groups going by different rules create conflict. So for cohesion to exist,they need to compromise and all agree to follow the same set of rules.
Coercion preceds the state. Everyone is capable of violence and people use it to the defends their lives,property and freedom.
This is why these are called natural rights. Its not the state that grants them. We have those by default,because they are needed for a life with dignity.
A state can both protect and violate human dignity.
Btw,i think anarcho capitalism is bullshit. Non agression principle is a fantasy.

And this is why you can still have transphobic behavior and not realizing it.

What do you think transphobia is mate ?

Oh, I like this term. Yes you are right, its more about hyperindividualism.

I completly agree. Fascism doesn't rise because of evil people. Fascism rises because normal people do horrible things. Once again Andor (Did I told you that I love Andor yet ?) shows just how much bad can do normal people just because they follow a fascist system.

What ?

:choppawhat:

Are you a billionnaire yet ?

Not in that case mate.

When far rightist are praising your discourse, its usually not a good sign @Zenos7

Just saying :kayneshrug:
guys,this is a miracle! C4N said he agrees with me! WOW

Last edited:
this word means nothing in the context you used it
Like every technological revolution some people are lazy to change to the new work environment. They don't want to learn the new technology and prepare themselves for the new work demands. So yeah it is laziness.

So you think it's OK that person A writes a book, everyone is free to read it incl person B, then person B reprints the book and sells it for profit without asking person A for permission?
Yup.

In fact it may even benefit the person A since the book is still her (even if person B try to sell like being the author the truth always comes to everyone).

For example here in Brazil we had the best Brazilian production movie called "Tropa de Elite" which people copied and sold way cheaper on the streets.

That allowed to many more Brazilians watch the movie and be fan of it.

When the time "Tropa de Elite 2" came out everyone runned to the cinema to watch it making it one of the best movie audiences we had in Brazil.

When asking some of the producers about it they even admit the second movie wouldn't have made such a success if it wasn't for the piracy on the first movie.

Mate, when you carpet bomb a zone, closed it off and prevent any humanitarian help from reaching the city, its called a siege. (and a genocide in that case). Starvation is a deliberate tactic here. Don't play naive, you are already denying genocide, you are already as low as it can be.
Humanitarian help is getting there. But it is supplying Hamas.

Not because they dreamed or because they worked hard. But because of those factors:
- Luck
- Social capital
- Economic capital
- Cultural capital.

Meritocracy is a myth. It never existed and will never exist. And right now, people like you who believe in this myth are preventing the majority of the planet to get rid of that toxic false system that is hurting everyone.
Yeah it is always luck when someone else can do what you can't.

It is luck when someone prevent themselves from going out and wasting their money in superfluous things in order to invest in stocks and in the future you collect the profits of your young age behavior.

It is luck when you decide to drop college/work to start your own business and then succeed.

You just can't say why it is luck. Your argument will probably be because many others try and failed. Well that's your answer for this argument they failed in some point while others succeed.

You know what is luck? In this case bad luck a fucking pandemic going on during your 4 years governament. You know what else is luck? China growing like crazy and then your governament benefits from it without you doing anything. This is luck. Not making your own business and succeeding. No one succeeds with luck.

Social capital what the hell is that for you? Cultural capital as well.

Economic capital.. nowadays we have the cheapest way to make more money that it internet. There are tons of way to make money from it and they are no expensive. For example making a YouTube channel. Maybe you don't get billionaire from it but many doors will open after that.

Right now, AI training and the usage of AI in industry IS stealing jobs from artist. Ask any professionnal and you will understand the problem.
They can find other things to do. Not sure what jobs you are talking about. I've heard of Hollywood writers that went on a strike and then basically got fired since they didn't wanted to work and now we have AI to do their work(and they were doing a terrible work).

Maybe I didn't expressed myself correctly previously. AI will "steal" jobs but that doesn't mean there won't be created new jobs for them.

No.
Ai doesn't take free internet database. It makes copy of the product created by the artists. Those work is not free to begin with. In theory, no one should be allowed to use an image of an artist without their consent, the internet just decided to sh*t a bit on artist's intellectual properties. But since artist can sometime profit from this light put on their work, its not really a big deal for them...

... as people will eventually check for them to create more similar work..

But when people use AI to make profit or their own, they uses the work of artists. They use work that is not free of copyright in the first place, no free data banks. Therefore when people will check to see more similar work, they will just use the AI and not ask the artist. Which means that artist will be put out of work by their OWN work.

Now imagine what Artist think when they see their own compagny replacing them with AI trained ILLEGALY on their OWN work.

Not to mention also the fact that AI are easily recognizable and are, for the most part, lacking most of the time in term of professionnal technicity. So this AI development mayham creates a system that will starve the artists with their own work to create poor quality content that will be inevitably unfit for professionnal sectors (such as concept art or illustrations for example).

This is a blade in the hearth of artists, but also in the hearth of creativity itself that is being replaced by cheaper products with no real potential.

And what happens on 2D and 3D artist will also happens to musician, composers, writers, even actors etc. We need regulation NOW.
If AI work is poor quality why the artist would lose their work in first place? This makes no sense.

And no we don't need regulation. People will decide if they want AI work of artist work.

When you defend a gov that is trying to terrorize a population to make it flinch, your are the only one defending terrorists. Come back to earth.
Israel is not terrorizing anyone. That's Hamas.

Last edited:
Like every technological revolution some people are lazy to change to the new work environment. They don't want to learn the new technology and prepare themselves for the new work demands. So yeah it is laziness.
Not wanting to adapt to harmful changes is not "laziness"
Plus you're talking about "new work demands" as if they were a natural entity when it's just rich humans forcing shit onto others. Work cannot "demand" anything 🤣

Yup.

In fact it may even benefit the person A since the book is still her (even if person B try to sell like being the author the truth always comes to everyone).

For example here in Brazil we had the best Brazilian production movie called "Tropa de Elite" which people copied and sold way cheaper on the streets.

That allowed to many more Brazilians watch the movie and be fan of it.

When the time "Tropa de Elite 2" came out everyone runned to the cinema to watch it making it one of the best movie audiences we had in Brazil.

When asking some of the producers about it they even admit the second movie wouldn't have made such a success if it wasn't for the piracy on the first movie.
Now this is indeed a very tricky situation, it's the same that happened with the manga and anime industry that only became successful in the West because of piracy. I think we must differentiate between big intellectual properties and smaller independent creators whether copying their work without authorisation is ethical or not BUT if we got rid of all copyright laws overnight what would happen is that small creators are going to be screws over even more than they already are. Do you have any idea how many successful movies and songs are based on content stolen from artist that never get any recognition and nobody has ever heard of them?

Not wanting to adapt to harmful changes is not "laziness"
Plus you're talking about "new work demands" as if they were a natural entity when it's just rich humans forcing shit onto others. Work cannot "demand" anything 🤣
It is laziness when you complain about it and there is no harmful changes when society is improving productivity.
Dude so trapped into rich vs poor agenda... It is not rich humans forcing shit onto others. It is evolution. Anyone can make your own AI just like there is open-source projects being developed. You don't have to be rich to be part of the evolution.

Now this is indeed a very tricky situation, it's the same that happened with the manga and anime industry that only became successful in the West because of piracy. I think we must differentiate between big intellectual properties and smaller independent creators whether copying their work without authorisation is ethical or not BUT if we got rid of all copyright laws overnight what would happen is that small creators are going to be screws over even more than they already are. Do you have any idea how many successful movies and songs are based on content stolen from artist that never get any recognition and nobody has ever heard of them?
In every industry we basically have the big guys lobbying and pushing regulations to prevent smaller guys to take space from them. They don't wanna share. That's why big companies are usually so tied with governament. I believe I shared here the history of Heinz right? The ketchup that lobby to get rid 90% of his competitors that were using the same ingredient than him.

And since you are talking about smaller artists being stolen from bigger artists isn't that copyright law protecting the bigger artists now? If there wasn't such law the smaller artist could profit from such song that was stolen without any problems but now if they do they will be criminal?

The truth is that all those protections do more harm than good. Another example is the Xbox vs Playstation "war". Playstation 2 specially was much more famous than any Xbox competitor that had at time (I have no idea of what it was IF there was any) because of piracy. And then it seems PS3 was harder to do such piracy but then it was easier on Xbox 360 therefore it became more famous (even with die hard fans of PS series like me).

guys,this is a miracle! C4N said he agrees with me! WOW
If you say rightfull things, there is no reasons for me to disagree with you. :kayneshrug:
Just keep them going..

Humanitarian help is getting there. But it is supplying Hamas.
No evidences of that.

Yeah it is always luck when someone else can do what you can't.
No, its the combinaison of the four factors, not just luck.

It is luck when someone prevent themselves from going out and wasting their money in superfluous things in order to invest in stocks and in the future you collect the profits of your young age behavior.
This one is more due to cultural and economic capital

It is luck when you decide to drop college/work to start your own business and then succeed.
Cultural + economic + Social capital. Not everyone can afford to do that.

You just can't say why it is luck. Your argument will probably be because many others try and failed. Well that's your answer for this argument they failed in some point while others succeed.
I told you, you choosed to ignore.

Its not just luck. Its:
Luck
+ Social capital
+ Cultural capital
+ Economic capital

Read what I say before posting please.

In this case bad luck a fucking pandemic going on during your 4 years governament.
You mean, the pandemic that was denied by trump, the Pandemic's vaccine that Trump try to prevent the population from getting ? This pandemic ?

Economic capital.. nowadays we have the cheapest way to make more money that it internet. There are tons of way to make money from it and they are no expensive. For example making a YouTube channel. Maybe you don't get billionaire from it but many doors will open after that.
Social, cultural and economic (+symbolic) capital are sociological terms that allows us to understand how people from different culture and classes in society can end up where they are beginning with childhood and a way to contextualize and question the myth of meritocracy:

Here is a quick video to understand those four notion.

What you need to understand is that we are not equal in term of opportunities in life. We live are educated in environment with different forms of those capitals. And society doesn't adjust to equate those with lesser capital than others which creates inequalities. Therefore rich people are not rich because they worked hard, but because they were educated and had access to those form of capital and luck.

They can find other things to do.
That's their F*CKING JOBS, their dreams and their lives you are talking about you ignorant. No they should not have to find other things to do, they should be able to live from what they want to do in life.

Are you freaking sane ??

AI will "steal" jobs but that doesn't mean there won't be created new jobs for them
In a future utopia maybe. But NOT in our current society were people need to live from their art.

If AI work is poor quality why the artist would lose their work in first place? This makes no sense.
It makes no sence because you don't know how the industry work.
If you believe that all producers and marketing strategists are seeking quality, you are completely mistaken !

Its not the case of all, but some (that will use AI) are just interested in selling product that people have already seen before. They are not interested in originality but efficiency and profit.

So hiring just a few people that will work on trained AI instead of hiring quantities of qualitative artist is the best solution for them to make good profit as they will have access to the work of those artists anyway in their databanks.

And no we don't need regulation. People will decide if they want AI work of artist work.
Gladly, this is not up to you.

And AI work is ARTIST WORK. Again, you listenned and understood NOTHING to what I explained.

You are ignorant about the subject, just move away.

Israel is not terrorizing anyone. That's Hamas.
Israel is not terrorizing anyone except the entire population of Gaza..
:seriously:

Damn, you really have bigoted, awfull and ignorant takes on everything.

Dude so trapped into rich vs poor agenda...
Dude, you are not rich, stop defending them.

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
:shame:

If you say rightfull things, there is no reasons for me to disagree with you. :kayneshrug:
Just keep them going..

No evidences of that.

No, its the combinaison of the four factors, not just luck.

This one is more due to cultural and economic capital

Cultural + economic + Social capital. Not everyone can afford to do that.

I told you, you choosed to ignore.

Its not just luck. Its:
Luck
+ Social capital
+ Cultural capital
+ Economic capital

Read what I say before posting please.

You mean, the pandemic that was denied by trump, the Pandemic's vaccine that Trump try to prevent the population from getting ? This pandemic ?

Social, cultural and economic (+symbolic) capital are sociological terms that allows us to understand how people from different culture and classes in society can end up where they are beginning with childhood and a way to contextualize and question the myth of meritocracy:

Here is a quick video to understand those four notion.

What you need to understand is that we are not equal in term of opportunities in life. We live are educated in environment with different forms of those capitals. And society doesn't adjust to equate those with lesser capital than others which creates inequalities. Therefore rich people are not rich because they worked hard, but because they were educated and had access to those form of capital and luck.

That's their F*CKING JOBS, their dreams and their lives you are talking about you ignorant. No they should not have to find other things to do, they should be able to live from what they want to do in life.

Are you freaking sane ??

In a future utopia maybe. But NOT in our current society were people need to live from their art.

It makes no sence because you don't know how the industry work.
If you believe that all producers and marketing strategists are seeking quality, you are completely mistaken !

Its not the case of all, but some (that will use AI) are just interested in selling product that people have already seen before. They are not interested in originality but efficiency and profit.

So hiring just a few people that will work on trained AI instead of hiring quantities of qualitative artist is the best solution for them to make good profit as they will have access to the work of those artists anyway in their databanks.

Gladly, this is not up to you.

And AI work is ARTIST WORK. Again, you listenned and understood NOTHING to what I explained.

You are ignorant about the subject, just move away.

Israel is not terrorizing anyone except the entire population of Gaza..
:seriously:

Damn, you really have bigoted, awfull and ignorant takes on everything.

Dude, you are not rich, stop defending them.
Herrera probably is actually. Dude lives in the wealthiest neighboorhood in Latin America.

It is laziness when you complain about it and there is no harmful changes when society is improving productivity.
Do you know the definition of lazy?
Complaining about things ≠ laziness
It is not rich humans forcing shit onto others. It is evolution. Anyone can make your own AI just like there is open-source projects being developed. You don't have to be rich to be part of the evolution.
So
Ai=evolved
People who don't use ai=primitive?
according to you?
In every industry we basically have the big guys lobbying and pushing regulations to prevent smaller guys to take space from them. They don't wanna share. That's why big companies are usually so tied with governament. I believe I shared here the history of Heinz right? The ketchup that lobby to get rid 90% of his competitors that were using the same ingredient than him.

And since you are talking about smaller artists being stolen from bigger artists isn't that copyright law protecting the bigger artists now? If there wasn't such law the smaller artist could profit from such song that was stolen without any problems but now if they do they will be criminal?
You're mixing so many factors together after you chopped them into unrecognizable pieces and then you serve it as a smoothie.

but many doors will open
One of the worst expressions ever invented
A brain? What is that? Are we supposed to have one?🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔