General Video Game Discussion

H

Homelander

Looking back i took hiatus from gaming for over a year . The last time i played was Assasin Creed - The set was around Victorian London , one of the best part was the side missions , basically i really enjoyed playing the game . The graphic was amazing as well !

- Might try Far cry 6 , i did hear its an extended sequel of last game . I was heartbroken with ending *spoilers* who didnt play .
Post automatically merged:

Will you buy the PS5 this year brother?
Not worth from my opinion .

Man the so called mini shitstorms and issues surrounding Cyberpunk 2077 on its subreddit and other places like youtube and reddit is so hilarious and beyond pathetic at times, so glad that I never subscribed to that subreddit.

The game is not even out and people are using at as a scapegoat to for their own agenda to blame it for everything under the sun it seems.

:lawsigh:

Man the so called mini shitstorms and issues surrounding Cyberpunk 2077 on its subreddit and other places like youtube and reddit is so hilarious and beyond pathetic at times, so glad that I never subscribed to that subreddit.

The game is not even out and people are using at as a scapegoat to for their own agenda to blame it for everything under the sun it seems.

:lawsigh:
I feel like they don't know what life is, Life is just a series of setbacks that we have to overcome. I don't mind if Night City Wire is delayed a couple weeks... It's still in June so it's fine!

I feel like they don't know what life is, Life is just a series of setbacks that we have to overcome. I don't mind if Night City Wire is delayed a couple weeks... It's still in June so it's fine!
Well for me I've already seen enough of cyberpunk 2077, the trailers, gameplay videos, screenshots, concept art and other media that I don't even need to see anything more, i'm just patiently waiting for the game come september.

But i swear that when it comes to gamers, 'give them a inch, and they take it a mile' never rang more true.

CD Projekt Red imo did everything right to assure people the best as possible, yet people are still bitching and complaining.

After the initial 2013 reveal trailer, CDPR went dormant for 5 years, just heads down working and not saying anything, even after the release and success of witcher 3 in 2015.

WIth the game set to release in 2020 this year, a 2 year marketing campaign is normal for AAA games in the industry, so Cyberpunk 2077 coming back to life at E3 2018 also made sense.

But everything after that has been an almost cesspool in the fan community and social media circles.

First they complained the 2018 e3 trailer looked too bright, when CDPR said they were doing something new with the cyberpunk genre, and being a RPG, a day/night cycle obviously made sense. People also accused it of being a GTA5 copycat just from the look of the trailer and said it didn't look like bladerunner or ghost in the shell even though they didn't do their research and understand cyberpunk 2077 is based on mike pondsmith's 1988's cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper role playing game. Both the sourcebook and rule books described night city as a bright, vibrant and colourful city. Just because its the year 2077 doesn't mean the sun has died out and the colourful style is meant to reflect night city as a successful corporate city, where luxury flourished.

People don't seem to understand that why triple A cyberpunk games are so rare nowadays compared to other genres like zombie games for example is because it relied too much on its regular tropes (rainy streets at night/synthwave), it failed to innovate and ended up becoming just a atheistic and nothing more. Like for example dying light had parkour in it and the last of us also showed a zombie game in a beautiful, lush enviroment.

Then they complained that it was shown behind closed doors to press only and not the gamers. showing behind closed doors was meant to generate hype and interest to market the game, and you won't get that if you show it to everyone already at the beginning, not to mention the fact that the Witcher 3 was bashed because of 'downgrades' because CDPR showed the game too early.

After CDPR relented and finally showed the game, people were immediately pissed that it was in first-person. So what, deus ex mankind divided was in first person too, why is cyberpunk 2077 getting all this heat. Motion sickness doesn't warrant a good enough excuse either, I don't see them complaining when playing Call of Duty or any other multiplayer FPS. And with the whole not being able to see your character, its not like CDPR is the first to do this, mankind divided and the recent Outerworlds was also the same and they all had character customization, people still bought and played it just fine, we still live in first person and dress everyday don't we? The seamless cutscenes shown in the demo wouldn't have worked if they included third person, not to mention shooting and gunplay is objectively better in first person as your character doesn't take up half the screen. Third person camera is also sometimes a nightmare in doors because of the annoying camera angle, trying to loot from the houses in novigrad in the witcher 3 was a pain in the ass.

Then SJW's and Anita Sarkisian also joined the action and picked on a in game ad with a chick with a dick and accused it of being transphobic, when that was supposed to be the whole point of the ad, in a dystopian city corporations exploit the sex and gender of people as marketing tools for their products, that was the whole point, it was social commentary. People also weren't satisfied that you could only play male or female, so CDPR just unlocked all the options to make everyone happy but people accused them of removing gender lmfao. Along with dick ad there was also journalists spewing rubbish about how the animals and voodoo boys were depicted in the game, one idiot even got it all wrong and thought the black Americans (actually hiatians), were called literal animals (no, that was the name of a different gang), and took offense when the game protagonist referred to the Animals as 'dem' (lmfao wrong again, 'dem' was actually the black voodoo boy member Placide referring to Newatch, a different faction, and whose agent Mosely was white lmfao).

One year later in 2019, the second gameplay dropped, a 30 min deep dive. People went mad again. It's not as long as last time? (ffs you already saw 50 min before, so what If its shorter the second time, which other games have hour long demos?), why is it cut up? (to avoid spoilers), the graphics are downgraded (does the watermark saying 'not final' mean anything anymore???). not as impressed as the 2018 demo (well duh, obviously seeing the game the first time in 2018 was more exciting and impactful). People were still pissed they couldn't see the whole thing, then the full video got leaked in italian on the internet and people complained it didn't look good (no shit, it was secretly cam recorded in 240p with shit resolution, what did you expect?). Johnny Silverhand aka keanu reaves doesn't look good (first, the game isn't final and they bought him into the game less than a year ago, second: he's a AI made and died back in 2020 in the lore, so of course it would make sense that he wouldn't look natural and as good as his other counterparts in the game in the year 2077).

People complained the music wasn't cyberpunk enough when the first two Samurai tracks released. First, in the 2020 tabletop lore samurai played 'chromatic rock', they are a rock band. Also, the rulebook states the songs were written in the early 2000's so of course it wouldn't sound as futuristic. Soon later at the game awards CDPR revealed additional artists, promising music and soundtracks in the game of vast number of genres and something for everyone, like the radios in GTA.

And now with the George Floyd protests and pandemic going on in the world people are mad yet again that Night City Wire is being pushed back to a later date. Its still coming in June and the game is coming later in September anyway, it honestly doesn't change anything. We don't even know what the Night City Wire event even is. It could be gameplay (what a lot of people are hoping, but I doubt it), or it could be a lore recreation of the in game entertainment and radio music just like what they did with the tontez bar at gamescon (more likely I think).

All this bullshit is on the same level of annoying as the 'Jinbe will die' theories.

Unbelievable. Rant over.

*10th July 2020 edit.

Lmfao now fake news PC Gamer is accusing CD Projekt Red as racist because a interviewer misquoted the CEO's explanation of why their company hire so few people of colour. First of all, lead quest designer Miles Tost ain't white nor European, so that bullshit ain't even true. Second, the CEO rightfully explained that job list expectations must be met for them to be employed (like every other company on earth), regardless of their gender, race etc. It ain't hard to understand why a polish company would want to hire people who can actually speak polish (not that they absolutely have to). All of cd projekt red games are developed in polished first, before being released worldwide in English and other respective region languages. The work culture in Poland is also different, lower wages but compensation for overtime is standard and normal in that country, a standard that many people around the world might not be able to accommodate, hence the lack of background diversity of their employees compared to other AAA game companies. Also Japanese companies and even American companies like naughty dog have the same problems yet they get away with it all the time, singling out CD Projekt Red is just plain hypocritical. Third, you're fragile feelings wouldn't be hurt if you didn't forcefully and ill-intentionally pushed the question with a hidden agenda, pressuring the CEO to answer what you didn't want to hear.

This is the 'thanks' that CD Projekt Red gets after giving PC Gamer behind the door access to all their events, 50 minute demo's, and even the recent 4 hour hands on experience. Pathetic.

What a fake, manipulative and ungrateful so called 'news outlet', total rubbish 'journalism'. Game 'journalism' is so far down the cesspool and shithole it's no wonder gamers don't trust them.

Unbelievable. Second rant over.

Last edited:

Zemmi

GodMommie
Need some suggestions on some games.

Looking for a game to play with someone. We are tired of playing the same games over and over. Nothing to hard (because I'm not super great at games). I would also prefer it to be something more casual where we don't have to invest a lot of time and can just get on for a couple of hours here and there and not feel like we are missing anything.

So what does everyone think of Pokemon Direct? How you feel about Pokemon New Snap, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes, and Pokemon Legends: Arceus?
Snap's likely gonna be 59.99 so probably not gonna purchase it until there's a sale

for D/P remakes, very shocked that Pokemon decided to have another company (in Ilca) to co-develop the game besides Gamefreak, it'll take me a while to get used to the graphics for sure but I intend to purchase the game

same for Legends: Arceus, odd that only this game has similar models to Sw/Sh and the different starters as well

Snap's likely gonna be 59.99 so probably not gonna purchase it until there's a sale

for D/P remakes, very shocked that Pokemon decided to have another company (in Ilca) to co-develop the game besides Gamefreak, it'll take me a while to get used to the graphics for sure but I intend to purchase the game

same for Legends: Arceus, odd that only this game has similar models to Sw/Sh and the different starters as well
Yeah not spending that much just for an camera side game. I mean I enjoy original in past, but not getting that much if all I am doing just taking picture and plot that isn't on huge compare to maincore or different side games.

I will say I am shock by features they went with being the 'chibi-like' overworld, but I can understand on nostalgia and represent how popular Diamond, Peal, and Platinum were in those days by doing that. They are still human-like in appearance in cutscenes and battles, so give a balance, but do hear mixed reaction on appearance which I can understand. Hope maybe new addition on the remakes could help with that especially I am hearing Mega Evolution are possible to come back. Maybe we can get new forms for new Pokemon out of this which would definitely make up for it.

I can see what you mean, it is odd, but interesting and something uniquely new which make it interesting. Though is it apart of main core area or will it be side games one which depends on how much content we could get about that.

So what does everyone think of Pokemon Direct? How you feel about Pokemon New Snap, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes, and Pokemon Legends: Arceus?
Legends: Arceus is what they should be going for now and forever at the very least, kek, is what the remakes should feel like but they're looking like bland as fuck.

I never touched a Pokémon game in years. I’m just done with Game Freak half assing everything for a long time. Sword and Shield was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.

Not interested in any of the new games.

Anyone here into turn base rpg games? Feels like I played out all the console ones and unfortunately I don't have a gaming PC. I do have a Nintendo switch though with only 3 games so far XD. So if anyone got any sweet recommendation I will appreciate it.

Anyone here into turn base rpg games? Feels like I played out all the console ones and unfortunately I don't have a gaming PC. I do have a Nintendo switch though with only 3 games so far XD. So if anyone got any sweet recommendation I will appreciate it.
Yes. I played Final Fantasy series and Dragon Quest a long time in the past to cite a couple.

Yes. I played Final Fantasy series and Dragon Quest a long time in the past to cite a couple.
There was a dragon quest game on gamepass but I couldn't get into it. Felt like it made me grind too much XD
I guess I should try final fantasy. I did play tactics and enjoyed immensely but I thought the main series were RPGs.

There was a dragon quest game on gamepass but I couldn't get into it. Felt like it made me grind too much XD
I guess I should try final fantasy. I did play tactics and enjoyed immensely but I thought the main series were RPGs.
I also played Persona series for a long time

I also played Persona series for a long time
Unfortunately I don't have a playstation. I use to watch my roomate play Persona 5. Looked really cool and has some sick soundtracks. I have a Xbox and a Switch. Saving up for Playstation though it could be a while before I get my hands on one.