Powers & Abilities Greenbull likely has the Minotaur Fruit

I personally believe Greenbull has the Minotaur Fruit....and heres my reasons why.

Reason 1:- Greenbull will likely be a Zoan, since Fuji is a Paramecia anf Kizaru is a Logia. This will make the DF trio replace the Logia Trio.

Reason 2:- Admirals have attacks based on their ephitets. Pheasent Beck, Raging Tiger, etc. It would only make sense that Greenbull has the DF based on his ephitet. Like Greenbull having a Bird or Lion Zoan....wouldnt make sense. But a Bull Zoan would.

Reason 3:- The Minotaurus in Impel Down already probably has the Normal Bull Zoan. So Greenbull....being an Admiral and all...will have the Mythical Version.

Reason 4:- When Blackbeard was recalling the fight...Greenbull looked like he had a horn.

Either the Human Human Fruit Mythical Model: Minotaur or the Ushi Ushi Mythical Model: Minotaur.

How would a Minotaur DF be different to a Bull DF ? Well how would a normal bird Zoan be different to pheonix fruit lol. Oda will give it difference in appearence.

My opinion is the fruits true strength will be that its full Zoan will just be as useful as his Hybrid. Thus retaining the full strength and durability a full zoan form gives whilst also retaining the Hybrid versatility and speed. This due to the fact that Minotaurs are humanoid.
Sounds good. What do you think its special Mythical DF ability will be like?

Mythical Zoans are inspired off of Japanese/Eastern mythologies and not Western ones. The only exception to this is Luffy's Nika fruit which is based on an in-verse God like figure.

The rest are:

(1) Marco's Phoenix (modelled after the Eastern Fenghuang - even some of Marco's named moves have references to the Fenghuang and uses wordplay on the term).
(2) Sengoku's Daibutsu
(3) Kaidou's Seiryu
(4) Catarina Devon's Kyubi no Kitsune
(5) Orochi's Yamata no Orochi
(6) Onimaru's Onyudo
(7) Yamato's Okuchi no Makami

Greenbull can have a Bull mythical Zoan, but it should have some basis based on a mythical bull from Japanese or Eastern mythology. The Minotaur is out of the question based on how Oda writes his mythical Zoans.

Although personally, I think he'd rather have a powerful Paramythia to go with Fujitora - C3 being Logias and being based on primary colours (Red, Blue, Yellow) while Fujitora and Ryukogyu being powerful Paramythias and being based on Secondary Colours (Purple, Green, Orange).
The phoenix is greek mythology. It originated in Greece and was based on a Egyptian Bird. And the Fenghuag doesnt have regen powers either. Theyre two completely different birds. If Oda wanted a Fenghuang DF....he wouldve made it.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The phoenix is greek mythology. It originated in Greece and was based on a Egyptian Bird. And the Fenghuag doesnt have regen powers either. Theyre two completely different birds. If Oda wanted a Fenghuang DF....he wouldve made it.
The fruit is a mixture of both the myths.

The fruit's name & the regenerative ability are based on the Western Phoenix whereas the appearance of Marco's Phoenix is more in line with the Fenghuang. Marco's canon techniques have either one or both kanji for Fenghuang (鳳凰 - Hoo) in their names - Phoenix Brand (鳳凰印 - Hoo In) literally translates to "Fenghuang Seal". His other moves like Bluebird or Crane Talons are wordplays on the Fenghuang. Just like how Katakuri's named moves involved Mochi.

Eitherway, the point still stands. Oda only used a mixture of the Phoenix and Fenghuang myths to create this devil fruit, and has never created another Mythical Zoan inspired off of Western mythology after that. Why do you think he would make a devil fruit solely based on the Minotaur now?

I personally believe Greenbull has the Minotaur Fruit....and heres my reasons why.

Reason 1:- Greenbull will likely be a Zoan, since Fuji is a Paramecia anf Kizaru is a Logia. This will make the DF trio replace the Logia Trio.

Reason 2:- Admirals have attacks based on their ephitets. Pheasent Beck, Raging Tiger, etc. It would only make sense that Greenbull has the DF based on his ephitet. Like Greenbull having a Bird or Lion Zoan....wouldnt make sense. But a Bull Zoan would.

Reason 3:- The Minotaurus in Impel Down already probably has the Normal Bull Zoan. So Greenbull....being an Admiral and all...will have the Mythical Version.

Reason 4:- When Blackbeard was recalling the fight...Greenbull looked like he had a horn.

Either the Human Human Fruit Mythical Model: Minotaur or the Ushi Ushi Mythical Model: Minotaur.

How would a Minotaur DF be different to a Bull DF ? Well how would a normal bird Zoan be different to pheonix fruit lol. Oda will give it difference in appearence.

My opinion is the fruits true strength will be that its full Zoan will just be as useful as his Hybrid. Thus retaining the full strength and durability a full zoan form gives whilst also retaining the Hybrid versatility and speed. This due to the fact that Minotaurs are humanoid.
i have never noticed the horns… I’m onboard

The fruit is a mixture of both the myths.

The fruit's name & the regenerative ability are based on the Western Phoenix whereas the appearance of Marco's Phoenix is more in line with the Fenghuang. Marco's canon techniques have either one or both kanji for Fenghuang (鳳凰 - Hoo) in their names - Phoenix Brand (鳳凰印 - Hoo In) literally translates to "Fenghuang Seal". His other moves like Bluebird or Crane Talons are wordplays on the Fenghuang. Just like how Katakuri's named moves involved Mochi.

Eitherway, the point still stands. Oda only used a mixture of the Phoenix and Fenghuang myths to create this devil fruit, and has never created another Mythical Zoan inspired off of Western mythology after that. Why do you think he would make a devil fruit solely based on the Minotaur now?
Why tf not....he realies most his myths are eastern and wants to branch out. Its not like everything in OP is based on Eastern Shit. Its a pirate manga, not a Manga based on Eastern stuff.

It doesnt matter how you try to display it, a western mythical fruit exists....and that is the Phoenix Fruit. Its not Fenghuang Fruit....its the Phoenix Fruit, which gives the user Pheonix powers.

The animal is based on the admirals personality, the color is based on their devil fruit. So if he has a plant paramecia he still could have attacks like "plant bull" "bull rush". This whole reason 2 is just based on believing it will be a Zoan

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Why tf not....he realies most his myths are eastern and wants to branch out. Its not like everything in OP is based on Eastern Shit. Its a pirate manga, not a Manga based on Eastern stuff.
Which will be more believable once Oda drops a Mythical Zoan which is 100% inspired off of Western mythologies. Which he hasn't, till date.

It doesnt matter how you try to display it, a western mythical fruit exists....and that is the Phoenix Fruit. Its not Fenghuang Fruit....its the Phoenix Fruit, which gives the user Pheonix powers.
Lmao ok, at this point you're just ignoring/denying the argument when Oda clearly uses concepts related to the Fenghuang in the df.

I doubt it, for a mythical zoan to work they have to have some clear special ability, Minotaur gains most features ancient zoans have, might as well just give him an ancient zoan at that point.
Post automatically merged:

Well, the other admirals have animal based epithets and moves, yet none of them having an animal based DF. He might or might not have a Zoan, but I guess the epithet isn't a reference to his DF. I guess it will be something related to plants, hence the color green, which matches the DF powers of the admirals.
I am more on board the science trio (gravity/light/time) or something like that, rather than Ryokugyu being a zoan

Would be weird all have animal epithwts but none a zoan to match their epithets hence I even doubt he has a zoan in the first place, either logia or paramecia (or another of those special paramecia)

I guess it will be something related to plants,
Binz from film Z already has the grow grow DF which allows him to grow plants and control them.
Oda directed the movie and he's never been one to rehash a devil fruit
Also Ryukugyu was definitely already designed back then since Film Z happened around the time of Dressorsa where Ryokugyu was first mentioned

Hi , again . can u show me any panel that write King or Alber is the leader of calamities ? I can miss .
Inb4 he has a higher powered version, e.g. Mokuton. Haven't seen Film Z so can't judge the limits of Binz' DF. But judging the pictures, it seems like a cheap copy of Hashirama's Mokuton, so Oda might as well aim for the latter one. Given Greenbull haven't eaten for years, it might also be a hint for a DF that allows him to nourish himself through something like photosynthesis.

But yeah, a mythical Zoan is also reasonable, to have the Logia - Paramacia - Zoan Trio established.

Binz from film Z already has the grow grow DF which allows him to grow plants and control them.
Oda directed the movie and he's never been one to rehash a devil fruit
Also Ryukugyu was definitely already designed back then since Film Z happened around the time of Dressorsa where Ryokugyu was first mentioned
That could be the poor mans version of the power, while Ryokugyu has the real deal an actual plant/wood/earth related power.

Tho I don't see much of a matching with plant and power (which I relate to bulls), earth logia might make him too similar to Pica or Crocodile.

Hence I stick with time, but idk how he would make use of Toki's df really. Perhaps he skips his own time it takes to run let's say from point A to B would be one way, in that case he will have good haki to make use of that power.

And I don't like the ideas of him having a zoan, if it was more direct like Sengoku's epithet then sure but no new gen admirals have a df based on their animal, has to be either paramecia or logia imo.

Last edited: