Fanclub Greenbull - Ryokugyu FC !

What next for Ryo ?

• Total voters
What do you guys think his backstory will be? What was he doing before joining the Marines? Why is he fasting? What are his goals?

@SakazOuki @MarineHQ @EmperorKinyagi @kurwa @Extravlad @silverfire @scoobie3 @King7 @Sentinel @Playa4321 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @The White Crane @Kurozumi Wiwi @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier (biggest Ryokugyu fan on the site) @Veku
Honestly his tattoo is probably a hint. Probably death of a loved one like a wife and he stopped eating cause in his opinion no food tastes as good as the food she cooked

What do you guys think his backstory will be? What was he doing before joining the Marines? Why is he fasting? What are his goals?

@SakazOuki @MarineHQ @EmperorKinyagi @kurwa @Extravlad @silverfire @scoobie3 @King7 @Sentinel @Playa4321 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @The White Crane @Kurozumi Wiwi @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier (biggest Ryokugyu fan on the site) @Veku
He was a bounty hunter, then he saw Akainu being hardcore on TV and decided to join Marines
:araboss: He made a black blade because he thought it would look better with his pants than a regular white sword

It's possible that he was a collateral victim of rebellious attempts against the WG, so he became an ardent follower of Akainu's, whose ideal he considers to be fitting to keep an orderly world. :cheers:

Honestly his tattoo is probably a hint. Probably death of a loved one like a wife and he stopped eating cause in his opinion no food tastes as good as the food she cooked
Doesn't it say something about double suicide?
Maybe he tried to fast himself to death but it didn't work out because he gets nutrients fromhis df powers?

It's possible that he was a collateral victim of rebellious attempts against the WG, so he became an ardent follower of Akainu's, whose ideal he considers to be fitting to keep an orderly world. :cheers:
Someone who got fucked over by the Revs forcing rebellions but not establishing a working replacement government? Would definitely add depth to the world

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
That is how most government extremists irl are radicalized, they witness or experience the consequences of lack of authority firsthand

Aramaki is different though, he’s not just a government extremist but he also seemed to approve of Kaido’s regime, claiming that it “kept Wano safe from invaders” while acknowledging that it would’ve probably been miserable to lift under a regime like that. So maybe he doesn’t necessarily “approve” of Kaido’s regime but at least is pragmatic and acknowledges that Kaido did deter invaders.

He’s a very intriguing character to believe the things he does but also not live secluded from society like the Celestial Dragons do. Man is just genuinely insane I guess lol.

That is how most government extremists irl are radicalized, they witness or experience the consequences of lack of authority firsthand

Aramaki is different though, he’s not just a government extremist but he also seemed to approve of Kaido’s regime, claiming that it “kept Wano safe from invaders” while acknowledging that it would’ve probably been miserable to lift under a regime like that. So maybe he doesn’t necessarily “approve” of Kaido’s regime but at least is pragmatic and acknowledges that Kaido did deter invaders.

He’s a very intriguing character to believe the things he does but also not live secluded from society like the Celestial Dragons do. Man is just genuinely insane I guess lol.
Hoenstly the way he speaks; I don’t think he grew up in a WG affiliated country.

Like if he grew up in a land which was owned by a weak government that was constantly invaded by pirates or enemy countries he probably felt like he had no rights. And as such when he eventually joined the WG, he realized the power these CDs have and the stability they can bring.

Especially if, as mentioned earlier, someone he loved died due to this infighting and invading from outside forces.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Aramaki being in the employ of the World Government before joining the Marines seems plausible.
Idk, he seems too wild and uncontrollable to be a Government employee. Walking around shirtless with messy ass hair talking about “I’m gonna slaughter all your people” and shit…Government agents know better than to talk like that. They’re always well dressed and seem to understand that you don’t want to start wars left and right, meanwhile Ryokugyu is screaming “you have no human rights!!” In the faces of an independent nation, talking about wanting to fight the Red Haired Pirates lol…

Idk, to me Aramaki screams “the Marines and the Government are complete pussies, I’m only here because Sakazuki took over the Navy” and he’s just a completely extreme and uncontrollable force (like Fujitora but in the opposite direction).

Ryokugyu and Fujitora imo were 100% in no way WG prior to the draft.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Idk, he seems too wild and uncontrollable to be a Government employee. Walking around shirtless with messy ass hair talking about “I’m gonna slaughter all your people” and shit…Government agents know better than to talk like that. They’re always well dressed and seem to understand that you don’t want to start wars left and right, meanwhile Ryokugyu is screaming “you have no human rights!!” In the faces of an independent nation, talking about wanting to fight the Red Haired Pirates lol…

Idk, to me Aramaki screams “the Marines and the Government are complete pussies, I’m only here because Sakazuki took over the Navy” and he’s just a completely extreme and uncontrollable force (like Fujitora but in the opposite direction).

That's true.

I was going to suggest that he could be a former bodyguard of the Celestial Dragons, but yeah, he seems too uncontrollable lol. I could maybe see him being a former member of another nation's military, which is where I can see Issho coming from too.

It seems like he's a very experienced combatant, even for a top tier. He instantly recognized a CoC burst, and it seems like he's gone up against pirate subordinates too based off his dialogue.

This is why I think he was a bounty hunter. It would explain why the WG knows about him and also fits with his general character vibe imo.

Someone who got fucked over by the Revs forcing rebellions but not establishing a working replacement government? Would definitely add depth to the world
Either that, or it was a failed Revos rebellion in his country who nonetheless cost him some or all his loved ones.

I think he is the sort of man who prefers "better the devil you know" status quo, regardless of the morality or legality of it, rather than a volatile new ground that might bring even greater violence with it.

A little OOT: I also have a theory about Papazuki's backstory, but I don't know if I should post it here in WG because I don't wanna upset myself if his canon backstory turns out to be much shallower or less interesting (knowing how Lolda is a fraud and all).