Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

N

NeutralWatcher

I'm so glad he won lol. I'm worried Morikawa will troll Kimura again like always. I think Kimura needs a goal like Aoki who wants to defeat Oga to push Kimura to a new level.

His new finishing move seems interesting. Feint to the head then to the body again thanks to Shinoda forgetful memory lol. Who would have thought Shinoda plays a major part here.

Bogard

You can't win
I'm so glad he won lol. I'm worried Morikawa will troll Kimura again like always. I think Kimura needs a goal like Aoki who wants to defeat Oga to push Kimura to a new level.

His new finishing move seems interesting. Feint to the head then to the body again thanks to Shinoda forgetful memory lol. Who would have thought Shinoda plays a major part here.
Lol Takamura said it was a lucky shot though, but with him you never know :wellwell: However it's true Kimura always got the short end of the stick, so would be interesting to see where this development will lead him to.

N

NeutralWatcher

Kimura is the average human being, it's nice to see him winning.

He lacks determination. Even Kimura said it himself that he slacked off and that caused his diet to be more severe than it should be. If Kimura had Takamura or Miyata determination then his diet should be fine. After his lost to Mashiba, he came back to his oldself and cannot maintain the same determination. It's too bad seriously.

N

NeutralWatcher

well...that is a good thing since OP is on break....good thing I stacked up so many mangas.....
There are a lot of stuffs after Kamogawa comeback like Ippo's Dempsey Roll weakness, Ippo fight against some Asian national Champion. Takaumura second world title fight against David Eagle and also Itagaki fight against Imai. Miyata fight against Randy, son of father who ended Miyata father's career. Volg became IBF world champion.

The hottest topic right now is Ippo's comeback since Ippo is retiring right now and also Takamura will move up to Super Middle weight class.

Sendo will fight Gonzales who defeated Ippo. And Aokimura as usual hve boring fights lol.

S

Shura

There are a lot of stuffs after Kamogawa comeback like Ippo's Dempsey Roll weakness, Ippo fight against some Asian national Champion. Takaumura second world title fight against David Eagle and also Itagaki fight against Imai. Miyata fight against Randy, son of father who ended Miyata father's career. Volg became IBF world champion.

The hottest topic right now is Ippo's comeback since Ippo is retiring right now and also Takamura will move up to Super Middle weight class.

Sendo will fight Gonzales who defeated Ippo. And Aokimura as usual hve boring fights lol.
Why ippo retired??

N

NeutralWatcher

Why ippo retired??
Ippo promised to Kumi he would retire if he lost against Gonzales. Ippo lost to Gonzales then he had a comeback match against Antonio Guevara. A philipino champion who defeated Gedo. Ah you haven't reached this part. Gedo is a former philipino champion who Ippo defeated.

Before fought Guevara Ippo learnt new Dempsey Roll. Ippo tried that in Antonio fight but the Dempsey Roll timing failed him. Ippo actually dominated Antonio with his basic fighting style but Ippo chose to keep using new Dempsey Roll to show his appreciation to Kamogawa. Antonio finally countered Ippo new Dempsey Roll and Ippo lost by knock out. He retired after that

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NeutralWatcher

Yeah. Always look out on different sites whenever get the chance.
Hopefully Ippo takes this learning curve and goes back into the ring as a smarter and stronger boxer.
I think there is a sign. Martinez said Featherweight class revolves around Ippo so Ippo should come back. And recent chapter also states that since Ippo observation skill increase, when he comes back to the ring he will be much stronger. I think he will be like Kazuki Sanada who is analytical but the difference is Ippo will have better power and speed.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I think there is a sign. Martinez said Featherweight class revolves around Ippo so Ippo should come back. And recent chapter also states that since Ippo observation skill increase, when he comes back to the ring he will be much stronger. I think he will be like Kazuki Sanada who is analytical but the difference is Ippo will have better power and speed.
Yeah would be great to have a battle smart ippo rather than getting his face pounded a million times. I do hope he doesn't go full Sanada. Just use some aspects of his character.
What do you believe will occur in Mexico that it will inspire Ippo back in the ring?

N

NeutralWatcher

Yeah would be great to have a battle smart ippo rather than getting his face pounded a million times. I do hope he doesn't go full Sanada. Just use some aspects of his character.
What do you believe will occur in Mexico that it will inspire Ippo back in the ring?
I think Ippo relied on Kamogawa a lot when he was active. With this I think Ippo should be able to figure out how to deal with each type of boxers since imo Kamogawa is already too old.

I think Ippo will meet Sendo, Gonzales and Martinez. Probably train under one of trainers in Mexico. Will be dope if Ippo trains under Martinez's coach or Gonzales coach. Would be interesting to see how Ippo will interact with them.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I think Ippo relied on Kamogawa a lot when he was active. With this I think Ippo should be able to figure out how to deal with each type of boxers since imo Kamogawa is already too old.

I think Ippo will meet Sendo, Gonzales and Martinez. Probably train under one of trainers in Mexico. Will be dope if Ippo trains under Martinez's coach or Gonzales coach. Would be interesting to see how Ippo will interact with them.
I hope he does get some training under different coaches. I just don't see it from the trainers of direct compitition. Maybe some retired boxers/coaches could give him some tips.