Powers & Abilities "Haki is everything" sounds like bullshit

None of what you just said was what I said at all
since you are a bit slow I will state it again .

kaido did not lose because luffy had better haki than him.

None of that implies luffy without haki would have won the clash
what that implies however is that his df also played a massive part in his ability to win. kaido is clearly a more experienced acoc user than luffy is .

katakuri was clearly a better haki user than luffy was .

He won both fights.
Yes he did lol g5 luffy s haki is way stronger than before
CoC =as strong as the user is
His haki was stronger than Kaido s simple that s why he overpowered him
Being more experienced doesnt mean shit

Yes he did lol g5 luffy s haki is way stronger than before
CoC =as strong as the user is
His haki was stronger than Kaido s simple that s why he overpowered him
Being more experienced doesnt mean shit

"CoC =as strong as the user is"

so by your admission luffy's haki is stronger than kaido's
which means luffy should be stronger than kaido in a 1v1 duel.

honestly I am not going to say further
will just save this for future arguments when you try to spout bs about luffy . just remember you said this not me .

Think of Devil Fruits as the sword and Haki the armour. The quality of the one is not contingent on the other, but the latter is more important to survival.

In One Piece, the top tier can get by Haki alone. We have plenty of examples of those.

We have none of those that have done it with just their Devil Fruit.

Haki > Devil Fruit is not even remotely disputable at this point. It never was a question to me and I don't think it was ever intended to be one for the readership.

Haki is naturally the most important power, without haki you are almost a 0, same can’t said about other powers.
People always twist this sentence for their agendas, assuming that:
1. If you have a devil fruit your haki must be weaker, the biggest fuck you to this interpretation is Whitebeard.
Haki only top tiers NEED their haki to fight on the top level, doesn’t guarantee their place at the top. Roger conquered the grandline through will and grit and survived death countless time, which is why his haki was the strongest. That still didn’t stop Newgate from being the World’s Strongest

2. Having superior haki means you’re stronger: not really, “a handful of the very strongest have ACoC“, but there are other very strongest who don’t have it, it’s literally in the sentence lol
If you want to “conquer“ the grandline as Kaido said, you must be a conqueror surprise surprise. It’s just that for people to have the potential to be the cream of the crop like Roger, Garp, Sengoku and Whitebeard, CoC is a must.

Naturally, if you can’t channel this haki properly, outskilled by your opponent or lacking in multiple other aspects then your superior haki is useless. And pretty sure it will be proven soon that ACoC doesn’t by default overpower ACoA for example in direct clashes.

Luffy, Blackbeard, Akainu, Shiki, Sengoku and Whitebeard having signature devil fruits should be enough to make you rethink the statement.

Because is bullshit.

Kaido's reasoning is flawed because it's simply based on Roger's achievements. Because we don't have in history some DF user who get to the top without Haki, because developing Haki it's basic and natural at some point, you can't "evade/dodge" it. Many would simply need some extreme situation to develop and let it out (like Coby, Luffy, possibly SN during timeskip, Zoro because if not he wouldn't have alcohol, Sanji because if not he would be get caught by queers, etc.).
It's a latent power that is awaiting to be awakened, it's unavoidable. Therefore hardly there's a chance for a DF user to reach the top without Haki.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Luffy was a better Haki user than Kaido. It was the biggest factor in Luffy's victory. Why are people acting as if Luffy won mainly because of his fruit? DF played a major role but it was Haki that made him win. Haki doesn't mean just CoC. Luffy has better CoA and CoO than Kaido. Awakening resulted in making Luffy's CoC more powerful, so Luffy's CoC was probably on par with Kaido's if not better post-awakening.

Some real dumbass takes in this thread lol.

Haki is the strongest power in the verse and that's factual, I get that it makes Admirals look even worse as impossible as that may be and thus some people wish to ignore it, but it's not disappearing.

As for people saying that there are characters who got to the strongest with only haki, that's blatantly just bullshit, unless you want to pretend that things like speed, strength and skill etc don't exist.

Luffy was a better Haki user than Kaido. It was the biggest factor in Luffy's victory. Why are people acting as if Luffy won mainly because of his fruit? DF played a major role but it was Haki that made him win. Haki doesn't mean just CoC. Luffy has better CoA and CoO than Kaido. Awakening resulted in making Luffy's CoC more powerful, so Luffy's CoC was probably on par with Kaido's if not better post-awakening.
But even with haki I don't think without that big island sized punch luffy would have even beat Kaido. That big size was only possible due to G5 awakening. Sure luffy also needed adv haki with it but more credit goes to the size of the fist

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
But even with haki I don't think without that big island sized punch luffy would have even beat Kaido. That big size was only possible due to G5 awakening. Sure luffy also needed adv haki with it but more credit goes to the size of the fist
Without haki that attack couldn't even hit kaidos fire dragon.
The last thing luffy says is literally a call back to hyous haki training

Without haki that attack couldn't even hit kaidos fire dragon.
The last thing luffy says is literally a call back to hyous haki training
I agree but I still think awakening was more imp. He was also taking kaido's attacks like nothing in G5. Luffy's level of haki does not change with size but the size of the punch makes it ridiculously OP attack

Haki transcends all. Fans of haki based fighters (mostly Zoro and swordsmen fans) and Garp will stick with it. The other ones (Admirals, Law/Fuji, Kid, Doffy, Kata and Sanji) fans will most likely cope and come up with weird shit like Kaido doesn't know shit or he is a liar etc.

Haki transcends all, Roger was the PK (at the very top) due to haki (and a supreme grade beloved sword). Haki has its limitations, basic-low level haki is inferior to devil fruits, mid level haki is better than some devil fruits, top tier/highest level haki is better than everything.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

"Haki Transcends All"...

* Shanks uses conquering haki *: an admiral, starts shitting himself, with Oda amplifying this in the movie Red, causing Shanks to unleash his COC and intimidate Kizaru and Fujitora.

*Luffy uses basic COC on MF*: The admirals start to sweat and shit and feel intimidated by the future threat, even attacking Luffy simultaneously, with them wondering if he had used it consciously or not...

Wisdom King Kaidou is completely right...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haki alone gives one the ability to become 'amongst the strongest'.

DF awakening does not. But you can be powerful, but that just depends on if you're lucky enough to be born weird, like BB or you are the MC, or you somehow get an OP fruit.

However add both together then obviously you're gonna be unique (2 separate powers), but Haki vs DFs will always have Haki come out as superior. Of course until Oda comes and changes that 🙄

"Haki Transcends All"...

* Shanks uses conquering haki *: an admiral, starts shitting himself, with Oda amplifying this in the movie Red, causing Shanks to unleash his COC and intimidate Kizaru and Fujitora.

*Luffy uses basic COC on MF*: The admirals start to sweat and shit and feel intimidated by the future threat, even attacking Luffy simultaneously, with them wondering if he had used it consciously or not...

Wisdom King Kaidou is completely right...
DF>Haki literally everywhere in the manga. Kaido himself dragon scale defense > his own ACoC defense

Meme homies> her ACoC attacks

Sengoku, an extremely knowledgeable figure. Hypes WB Gura, as his greatest ability. A known peak ACoC user.

Nik awakening has old dudes, an even Kaido in person shocked.

Kaido wrong & right

S

Sasaki Kojirō

DF>Haki literally everywhere in the manga. Kaido himself dragon scale defense > his own ACoC defense

Meme homies> her ACoC attacks

Sengoku, an extremely knowledgeable figure. Hypes WB Gura, as his greatest ability. A known peak ACoC user.

Nik awakening has old dudes, an even Kaido in person shocked.

Kaido wrong & right
Since it's you, I'll allow it. :endthis: