Help me Admins

M

MD Zolo

I am curious. If somebody creates two accounts from the same device, one is considered dupe of the other then? I thought that it would be based on IP address.

Yesterday I saw a user name Exodia saying that he wasn't using that account anymore which implied that he already had a dupe in place.

Obviously the method of dupe detection should remain a secret but, the system is not flawless.

In any case, I guess the solution for this thread is creating a new user ID, as long as there is a new individual behind it.

This reminds me of when I created an account on narutoforums and mangahelpers but can't post or view anything there.:goatasure:
Feelsbadman
Post automatically merged:

I am curious. If somebody creates two accounts from the same device, one is considered dupe of the other then? I thought that it would be based on IP address.

Yesterday I saw a user name Exodia saying that he wasn't using that account anymore which implied that he already had a dupe in place.

Obviously the method of dupe detection should remain a secret but, the system is not flawless.

In any case, I guess the solution for this thread is creating a new user ID, as long as there is a new individual behind it.
I'm pretty sure it is based on IP's, but that's kinda stupid, so if two brothers that live in the same house try to make an account from obviously the same PC or WiFi one of them won't be able to make an account since it will be considered a dupe :doffytroll:

Your alt can’t post? That’s weird
Nah my alt can post all the time with no problems, it's my friend i'm worried about, he's been waiting for months now :risitasad:

Last edited:

I think it would be unfair to allow 2 accounts per connection/device because a mod cannot know whether or not the user is lying hence making and using a dupe

So your imaginary friend created WG account?
He is not imaginary, he is more like a son to me

I think it would be unfair to allow 2 accounts per connection/device because a mod cannot know whether or not the user is lying hence making and using a dupe
so we have to buy another phone or computer to make another account? :whitepress: