• R1: Draw, R2: Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Distance: 15m.
Mindset: Intent to kill.
Knowledge: Manga, what we can reasonably expect them to infer about the other's abilities.

Round 1: Edo Hiruzen vs Edo Itachi.
Round 2: Prime Hiruzen vs Edo Itachi (Hiruzen loses knowledge in this case beyond the info that he's fighting an Uchiha).

I don't know how this goes.

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
Depends on when Hiruzen reached his prime. The Hiruzen who became Hokage didn't have all the jutsu techniques and knowledge preskip Hiruzen/nine tails attack Hiruzen had, but we know he had physical strength, more chakra and stamina than preskip Hiruzen. I'd wager though that prime Hiruzen was nine tails attack Hiruzen because was around the same age as the sannins with more jutsu knowledge

Edo tensei removes the stamina issue, but his physical strength is still lower and ultimately revived a bit weaker than alive. However he is the closest being to his primeself due to this since he can use his ninjutsu techniques without worrying too much about clones and overall chakra usage.

As for Itachi, it's also a bit similar situation in that his primeself was never really known in the manga. We know he had health issues at some point, but we don't know when he got it, and judging by Sasuke's statement about Susanoo destroying cells in the kage summit, wondering how it could have been for Itachi, it might be due to MS overusage that Itachi's health declined and Itachi had MS since 13 if i recall correctly, so his primeself could be anywhere between 13 and 18/19 when he went to Konoha preskip. What is for sure is he seemed in far better shape when he faced Kakashi than when he faced Sasuke in part2, so he was probably the closest to his prime at that point

But even prime Itachi had chakra issues, i think he had a very low stat in this department in the databook, and thus ultimately tiring him after multiple MS usage. In part2, at 30% of chakra, he couldn't even use MS, but Edo removed those issues once again, with Kabuto's edo tensei being even more perfected than Orochimaru's, and thus allowing Itachi to use his MS techniques without worrying too much about chakra, since it was continuously refilling after a certain point, and thus making that version even better than prime Itachi imo

Another factor to consider is sealing techniques. Edo Hiruzen has none outside of reaper death seal, which means the best he can manage is a draw and eventhen, since he doesn't control reaper as well as Minato, his version is close range, with him needing to hold Itachi in close range to perform it, when Itachi has better utilities with totsuka's range application, making it likely then for Edo Itachi to win

In their alive version, i think prime Hiruzen will win though due to higher chakra reserves allowing him to use his clones and stronger ninjutsus to overcome and outlast Itachi. By portrayal, both were portrayed above Orochimaru, but Hiruzen had more build-up around strongest of the five kages in part1, more talent than Tobirama(according to databook) allowing me to believe he'd win. I think Prime Hiruzen's portrayal was only below Hashirama's and Minato's, although lacking more in feats

I'll take Prime Hiruzen. The man is practically featless tho.

We saw old Hiruzen, who was well above the Sanin if it came to a 1v1.
We saw declining Hiruzen, who pushed out the 9-tails out of the village.

We never saw Prime Hiruzen when he was training the Sannin. When he got renowned as the God of Shinobi, so powerful that people thought he possibly could be the strongest hokage of all time (a lot to do with Hashirama's powers being considered a fairy tail). Heck even Minato who's usually hyped up by the fandom to high levels has no comparable portrayal.

Honestly cant say whether he has the techniques to deal with Edo Itachi or not. Based on, on-panel feats he would lose pretty hard. Based on portrayal? He'd win imo.

Last edited:
Depends on when Hiruzen reached his prime. The Hiruzen who became Hokage didn't have all the jutsu techniques and knowledge preskip Hiruzen/nine tails attack Hiruzen had, but we know he had physical strength, more chakra and stamina than preskip Hiruzen. I'd wager though that prime Hiruzen was nine tails attack Hiruzen because was around the same age as the sannins with more jutsu knowledge

Edo tensei removes the stamina issue, but his physical strength is still lower and ultimately revived a bit weaker than alive. However he is the closest being to his primeself due to this since he can use his ninjutsu techniques without worrying too much about clones and overall chakra usage.

As for Itachi, it's also a bit similar situation in that his primeself was never really known in the manga. We know he had health issues at some point, but we don't know when he got it, and judging by Sasuke's statement about Susanoo destroying cells in the kage summit, wondering how it could have been for Itachi, it might be due to MS overusage that Itachi's health declined and Itachi had MS since 13 if i recall correctly, so his primeself could be anywhere between 13 and 18/19 when he went to Konoha preskip. What is for sure is he seemed in far better shape when he faced Kakashi than when he faced Sasuke in part2, so he was probably the closest to his prime at that point

But even prime Itachi had chakra issues, i think he had a very low stat in this department in the databook, and thus ultimately tiring him after multiple MS usage. In part2, at 30% of chakra, he couldn't even use MS, but Edo removed those issues once again, with Kabuto's edo tensei being even more perfected than Orochimaru's, and thus allowing Itachi to use his MS techniques without worrying too much about chakra, since it was continuously refilling after a certain point, and thus making that version even better than prime Itachi imo

Another factor to consider is sealing techniques. Edo Hiruzen has none outside of reaper death seal, which means the best he can manage is a draw and eventhen, since he doesn't control reaper as well as Minato, his version is close range, with him needing to hold Itachi in close range to perform it, when Itachi has better utilities with totsuka's range application, making it likely then for Edo Itachi to win

In their alive version, i think prime Hiruzen will win though due to higher chakra reserves allowing him to use his clones and stronger ninjutsus to overcome and outlast Itachi. By portrayal, both were portrayed above Orochimaru, but Hiruzen had more build-up around strongest of the five kages in part1, more talent than Tobirama(according to databook) allowing me to believe he'd win. I think Prime Hiruzen's portrayal was only below Hashirama's and Minato's, although lacking more in feats
Can you ban yourself from the VS section? Your walls are going to sway all the newbies just because.

Itachi shits on Hiruzen, Prime Hiruzen is what??? Just Edo Hiruzen but alive? Are you giving him every single jutsu shown from the leaf village?

Either way, he can't do anything against MS and his speed and reactions were never shown to be comparable to Itachi's.

You've heard it a million times before whenever you try to shit on Itachi but a dying literally minutes from death Itachi managed to use.

-Tsukuyomi (have it broken)
-Susano'o with both spirit weapons manifesting from his own chakra source
-Spawn enough amertarasu to ignite an entire forest and still strike Sasuke
-Play around with 3T Sharingan beforehand as well.

People on this site are going to need to learn that Itachi's stamina was never an issue. They are also both Edo's so why is stamina even being discussed. Lol at 30% meme

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
I thought i already said to that Zexion dude to stop quoting me with his irrelevant nonsense?
Do you think Prime Hiruzen beats Tobirama?

I used Edo Itachi for both rounds becomes Prime Itachi is much more speculative. Hiruzen should know sealing techniques outside the Reaper Death Seal considering he was The Professor.
Like i've said, Hiruzen is lacking in feats. I believe featwise Tobirama will win, but that portrayal/hype implied Prime Hiruzen is superior

I wanted to give a summary of my thoughts concerning their Edo and prime version considering there were scenarios about it in your opening post, but i smh missed the fact Itachi was edo in both scenarios.

In this case, he's more likely to win in both scenarios since Hiruzen is lacking a suitable sealing technique comparatively to Itachi. Even Hashirama who was a ninjutsu master didn't have sealing techniques(waited for a sealing user to seal Edo Madara after binding him), so it's not because Hiruzen was known as professor that it meant he had sealing jutsus before being taught the reaper death seal by Minato

So yes reaper death seal was implied to be his only sealing jutsu when he said his only way to seal the souls was with that jutsu.

I thought i already said to that Zexion dude to stop quoting me with his irrelevant nonsense?

Like i've said, Hiruzen is lacking in feats. I believe featwise Tobirama will win, but that portrayal/hype implied Prime Hiruzen is superior

I wanted to give a summary of my thoughts concerning their Edo and prime version considering there were scenarios about it in your opening post, but i smh missed the fact Itachi was edo in both scenarios.

In this case, he's more likely to win in both scenarios since Hiruzen is lacking a suitable sealing technique comparatively to Itachi. Even Hashirama who was a ninjutsu master didn't have sealing techniques(waited for a sealing user to seal Edo Madara after binding him), so it's not because Hiruzen was known as professor that it meant he had sealing jutsus before being taught the reaper death seal by Minato

So yes reaper death seal was implied to be his only sealing jutsu when he said his only way to seal the souls was with that jutsu.
Stop posting nonsense as fact and I'll never quote your delusional self again.

If you mean that the combatants here have to be sealed, Itachi wins this even easier.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Prime Hiruzen getting the respect he deserves. Just a decade late, lol.

Anyways, Edo Itachi wins. I think he's too dangerous and broken of a character to be defeated by much beyond the Demi-Gods like hashirama, BM Minato, and their ilk. Prime Hiruzen puts up a good fight β€” his main style of fighting revolving around shadow clones would open up a lot of potential jutsu combos, especially with his proficiency in all Konoha's techniques. The only issue araises with Itachi's ability to use any taxing technique like it's nothing.

Edo Hiruzen isn't quite Prime. He still has the same limitations as Old Hiruzen, just with regeneration and fast chakra recovery.

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
Hashirama himself admitted inferiority to Itachi, saying that he is a joke compared to Itachi. With Hiruzen saying that Itachi was already Hokage level at the age of 5.

:catpole:
I know you're joking, but still replying to this. If you remember the context, it was about the definition of what a shinobi is, and the reply was that a shinobi is someone who endures for the sake of the village, with Itachi enduring even more than Hashirama, which is why Hashirama said Itachi was a better shinobi. It wasn't power lvl related.

Concerning the hokage lvl thinking at 5 thing, it was also resolving around the behaviour. The context was about Itachi's behaviour breaking the boundaries of clans, and thinking like a Hokage when it came to placing the village above everything else. It was resolving around his behaviour then, not overall intelligence, although yes Itachi is a very smart shinobi