Speculations Hot take: The Gorosei will be >= the Admirals

The Five Elders/WG will not fall before Luffy finds the One Piece and becomes PK.

Part of what will motivate the Strawhats to fight the World Government is the uncovered history of the Void Century they should understand when they conquer the Grandline by reaching Laugh Tale as hinted in Oden's flashback:

If the WG fall before that then PK Luffy won't even have a bounty.
I think you misunderstood me. I think that the story progression will be Wano, then Elbaf, then Laugh Tale (Luffy becomes PK here), then Final War. Zoro beats Mihawk and becomes recognized as WSS in either Elbaf or a mini arc before Laugh Tale. If the Shodai Gorosei is secretly a more powerful swordsman than Mihawk, that doesn’t invalidate his WSS title because the public doesn’t know that the Gorosei are even fighters. It’s the similae to how Imu secretly being the strongest character alive doesn’t invalidate WB’s or Kaido’s titles since obviously Imu can’t be given the title if the world doesn’t know about his existence

Luffy wants to become PK because he wants to be the most free man. When Imu implements his plan, that will get in the way of Luffy’s freedom despite the fact that he’s PK, so in a way, Luffy beating Imu will be the actual fulfillment of his dream instead of him becoming PK
Post automatically merged:

Not impossible. The Gorosei were in the presence of an Admiral and a Yonkou and didn't give a fuck about neither of em.

There's still no logical argument for that though. How often does Oda intend to lie to us ?

- The Gorosei being the highest authority was a lie and now this too? Because last time i checked it was the Admirals being called the WG's ultimate assault/military force.

If that turns out to be true then every single title given out from Oda should be questioned.
Well, Imu is 99% percent likely to be stronger than Kaido and Whitebeard, so would you be upset about their titles being a lie? Also, the Gorosei might not even be considered a “military force”, regardless of their strength

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood me. I think that the story progression will be Wano, then Elbaf, then Laugh Tale (Luffy becomes PK here), then Final War. Zoro beats Mihawk and becomes recognized as WSS in either Elbaf or a mini arc before Laugh Tale. If the Shodai Gorosei is secretly a more powerful swordsman than Mihawk, that doesn’t invalidate his WSS title because the public doesn’t know that the Gorosei are even fighters. It’s the similae to how Imu secretly being the strongest character alive doesn’t invalidate WB’s or Kaido’s titles since obviously Imu can’t be given the title if the world doesn’t know about his existence

Luffy wants to become PK because he wants to be the most free man. When Imu implements his plan, that will get in the way of Luffy’s freedom despite the fact that he’s PK, so in a way, Luffy beating Imu will be the actual fulfillment of his dream instead of him becoming PK
Post automatically merged:

Well, Imu is 99% percent likely to be stronger than Kaido and Whitebeard, so would you be upset about their titles being a lie? Also, the Gorosei might not even be considered a “military force”, regardless of their strength
I don't disagree because of the invalidation of the WSS title though, we disagree on the timeframe. I just don't get why your entire thread is based on what should occur when Mihawk gets defeated in Elbaf, something that is still a fan theory which doesn't explain whatever narrative ties Mihawk has with Elbaf, a place that's supposed to explain the giants' plot in the first place.

In his YouTube video which was roughly 2 years ago, Mr. Morj was trying to explain why Elbaf is less likely to be Meme's arc and rather Shanks' by explaining his motivations, but the video was made before the revelation of Rocks' history and Oda's intentions to make Teach the next big step after Kaido/Meme. There's no time for whatever Luffy vs Shanks fantasy out there.

I don't disagree because of the invalidation of the WSS title though, we disagree on the timeframe. I just don't get why your entire thread is based on what should occur when Mihawk gets defeated in Elbaf, something that is still a fan theory which doesn't explain whatever narrative ties Mihawk has with Elbaf, a place that's supposed to explain the giants' plot in the first place.

In his YouTube video which was roughly 2 years ago, Mr. Morj was trying to explain why Elbaf is less likely to be Meme's arc and rather Shanks' by explaining his motivations, but the video was made before the revelation of Rocks' history and Oda's intentions to make Teach the next big step after Kaido/Meme. There's no time for whatever Luffy vs Shanks fantasy out there.
Not necessarily Elbaf. Imo it could be in Elbaf, or a mini-arc between Elbaf and Laugh Tale. It just wouldn’t make sense for Mihawk to helping the WG our at EoS, and it wouldn’t make sense for Mihawk to be at Laugh Tale for obvious reasons, so I just don’t see how it could logically happen after Laugh Tale, unless Oda creates a huge asspull

Personally I'm not invested in Im plus the Gorosei being the final villains, specially since we have Sakazuki there, who:

1) Was portrayed to be more of a villain than the Gorosei themselves because he was the one to destroy the ship with Ohara's civilians. Remember that they were ordered to eliminate the archeologists, not everybody, hence why they focused on Robin among the crew of people running to the evacuation ship and didn't want her to board.

2) Was the one who killed Ace and scarred Luffy, to the point of the protagonist feeling more resentment towards him than Blackbeard (the main candidate to final villain among the pirates).

3) This may be a stretch, but he represents one of the most powerful fears to Japan (volcanoes) alongside Blackbeard (earthquakes), making them two strong candidates to villains in the late stage of the series because of what their powers represent.

There's also something off about the elders because they don't really seem like actual villains. It's as easy as reading the chapter of Clover's death to notice this: they let him share his hypothesis in a direct conversation with them, they try to argue the danger of reading the Poneglyph and recreating the ancient weapons and the one ordering the signal to attack is shown in a clearly angry and frustrated stance, like he doesn't want to do it but needs to in order to keep the statu quo. In a certain way, they have the same vibe as Rayleigh when he explained how maybe they reached Laugh Tale too soon and Robin should travel there by herself because maybe she will obtain a different conclusion than the Roger Pirates.

On top of this, Im's silhouette doesn't really scream "final villain" to me when compared to the anatomy of other antagonists and I'm even on the belief that she's a woman, and the Gorosei's direct involvement with the control of the World Government leads me to think that, if they ever become main fighters, they will be handled by the revolutionaries.

(Also, I hate those final villains that appear very late in the story, which Im would be, and I'd love Sakazuki leading a coup d'etat).

this is only possible with Bonney's DF .

since i think Zoro won't fight Mihawk , and Mihawk will fall with Shanks to Teach and Pluton , i think this is possible .

the other Supreme Grade holders are also very strong and important people in One Piece world ( Mihawk & Whitebeard )

maybe that Shodai Elder is just past his prime . which he can achieve again with Bonney's DF