Questions & Mysteries How did Garp expect Ace and Luffy to be marines?

Given the right circumstances Garp would've turned out pirate too. He probably met someone from the marines who influenced him before he could meet a pirate that would've done the same.
The Ds are always outlaws (or rather anarchists) by nature. Garp wearing a marine coat doesn't change that. Though Law's boring family history makes me doubt that theory a little, I don't have any other one.

Given the right circumstances Garp would've turned out pirate too. He probably met someone from the marines who influenced him before he could meet a pirate that would've done the same.
The Ds are always outlaws (or rather anarchists) by nature. Garp wearing a marine coat doesn't change that. Though Law's boring family history makes me doubt that theory a little, I don't have any other one.
Law's father used to do human experimentations on those orphans, he wasnt a peaceful guy

I think that's underthinking a little. It's not like Ace becoming a marine suddenly means he's not Roger's son, that he no longer has his blood. That's what the WG would see it as: ending the bloodline. If they're willing to kill expecting mothers and their unborn children on nothing but rumour, can we really say they wouldn't kill Ace even if he was an Admiral? The marines might be the "good guys" but we all know they're far from actually being good people. So even if they publicly executed Ace at that high a rank, they'd easily be able to spin it as just https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/ .

Last edited:
Garp is retarded. The dude sincerely believed that by giving Ace and Luffy to bandits instead of proper nannies or substitute parents, in a hostile and rotten environment and abusing them physically without even trying to teach them morals and values he would turn them into marines.
Tbf he was probably raised that way himself and thinks that's a good way to be raised but it's still pretty shitty of him to do