Questions & Mysteries How did Mihawk become WSS then?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
i'm not trying to defend or downplay anyone here.. but about WB....
if that doesn't count, then i don't know what else.. lol
The problem isnt that... you're misunderstanding my point.

I am not questioning the validity of WB's or Kaidou's titles. I am asking the same question OP asked for Mihawk... who did they all beat to take the title? The answer is they beat no one note worthy and nobody really.

We got to see how powerful these guys were when they went all out on panel. Why not wait until Mihawk does? Instead, the OP a well known Mihawk downplayer decides to write another thread (on top of his dozen or so Mihawk threads over years of downplay) to cry about it.

Why Mihawk alone? Because he's connected to Zoro, thats really the only sin Mihawk committed lol.

I am not questioning the validity of WB's or Kaidou's titles. I am asking the same question OP asked for Mihawk... who did they all beat to take the title? The answer is they beat no one note worthy and nobody really.

We got to see how powerful these guys were when they went all out on panel. Why not wait until Mihawk does? Instead, the OP a well known Mihawk downplayer decides to write another thread (on top of his dozen or so Mihawk threads over years of downplay) to cry about it.

Why Mihawk alone? Because he's connected to Zoro, thats really the only sin Mihawk committed lol.
And now he is connected to a clown :milaugh:

A clown who became a Yonko thanks to him.
And he still has a higher bounty than that clown, the only instance in the entire manga where Oda gave a "subordinate" a higher bounty than their Yonko captain.

:kayneshrug:
Hell his bounty even beats those of two other actual yonko, Blackbeard until his recent update and Luffy, who got it for beating Kaido and who literally has a Joyboy (WG's most feared enemy and nightmare topic) wanted picture.

:pepehawk:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
As self explanatory as Sabo having surpassed Dragon's fame and popularity among revolutionaries for simply walking into the wrong room and barely getting away? There could be more threads like this about Dragon than ever but there aren't because it's Mihawk who lives in their head for some reason.
Dragon title and Mihawk title are quite different

and other people are indeed talking about other titles

WB the great WSM was an equal to Roger. So his title was also weird when he had a match.

Mihawk title is about challenger seeking it, like PK etc

Nobody out there wants to be the worst criminal

Regarding the previous part of your post, there's no confusion. Guys like Shanks or Roger wield sword and there's no reason to think they're any stronger than Mihawk, particularly Shanks, who quite literally must be at least a little bit weaker than Mihawk.
You can discuss about Shanks even if I think the story put him higher

But there is no way Mihawk is stronger than Roger. This is a shonen, PK is the MC dream, Roger is the peak of the world (known world), Mihawk can’t compare with the PK in a pirate manga. Only past legends can do it like Imu and Joyboy.

And yet Roger had no black blades or anything no DF, nada.

Why do people keep claiming nobody aims for his title when quite literally half the characters in the story do? WSS is solely a strength related title. They don't aim specifically for it because it brings nothing to the wielder, but swordsmen to aim to become stronger to reach things like becoming Pirate Kings or fleet admirals. Everybody aiming to become stronger while being a swordsman is actively competing with Zoro for being the WSS and could get Mihawk's attention, but they simply aren't there
Fujitora who wants to being stronger doesn’t aim at Mihawk title. He aims at peace etc. Not being the WSS.

So what now : Brook is a swordsman, and I think he wants to be stronger too. So he wants and compete for the WSS too ? Big news.

Zoro has his full eye on Mihawk and the peak of swordsmanship. For no other goal than beating him and being the best in swordsmanship. It’s his true dream. No one except him and Mihawk had that.

Fuji Law etc aren’t competing for anything. BM too.

Do you know why it actually matters for Zoro to scream he wants to be the strongest swordsman? Because if Shanks can beat Mihawk in a swordsman, through the use of literally whatever means, future sight CoC, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3, he'd be a stronger swordsmen than Mihawk, and Zoro would simply gun for Shanks' head to achieve his dream.

Do you believe Zoro simply wants a diploma to hang on the wall by getting the WSS title? Or do you believe Zoro wants to quite literally beat whoever is the real strongest swordsman in the world? Mihawk's sole existence is being an embodiment of strength and of peak swordsmanship. He's literally there so we know Zoro is effectively the strongest swordsman in the verse when he beats them, so he cannot not be.
Zoro is linked to Ryuma and Mihaxk. Luffy with Shanks and Roger.

It’s more complicated than that, Shanks when he lost his arm and quit fighting Mihawk, Shanks put himself outside the whole swordsman thing.

Shanks being stronger than Mihawk doesn’t remove anything for Mihawk title.

Because titles aren’t absolute. And Zoro will indeed be stronger than Shanks and Mihawk by the end of the story so his own title won’t be weird.

But Zoro can be weaker than Roger EOS and still be the WSS.

Roger isn’t also in the WSS race.

i think for now we just have to respect the story tell us that this guy is the strongest in something..
who is the prev WSS ? and how mihawk take the title from him/her ? i think they don't have to beat anyone to get certain title..
yes, that's is one way to get the title, but that's not the only way..

i can give u a real life examples, there is new world chess champion from china Ding Liren. he took the title last month this may 2023..
but did he beat previous champion Magnus Carlsen? no.. Magnus simply didn't participate this year for whatever his reason.

back to the topic, i think the real point here is who is zoro last fight nasujuro or mihawk.. this question is just pure speculation
i don't think anyone have valid enough argument to support their opinion.. because there is a lot of uncertainty & potential plot twist

At least Zoro is facing top tiers and high tiers by beating most of them on his way to becoming WSS

But how did Mihawk become WSS?
(Don't bring up vivrecars nonsense when we know in the manga he didn't even fight 2 top swordmen beside Young Shanks, who was high tier to inbetweener at best when they battled.)

In the manga,
  • Mihawk didn't and hasnt faced any YC bar Vista at Marineford 2 years ago
  • Mihawk nerver fought any admiral and Emperor yet
  • Mihawk never fought any top tier sword user/swordsman
  • Mihawk never been to Wano, never fought any top samurai
  • No record of him beating any high tier/top tier ! Not even a Vet (known mid tier, Daz was fodder pre ts)
Like before becoming WSS, there's no yonko crew or WG record that he fought one of their best fighters nor the Yonko themselves
Even after becoming WSS, he's fought no legit swordsman /sword user and won.

Kaido and WB fought top tiers, inbetweeners and high tiers before and after becoming WS, they also beat some.
They don't have empty titles

Like who the hell or what did Mihawk do to become WSS?
The only answer is that they gave him that when they learnt Shanks lost his arm and WG needed to boost Mihawk as their new lapdog *warlord
Or Mihawk cut some country levo objet in 2.
Here's an ideal. How about you actually back up your claim for once instead of just posting nonsense. Especially since you refuse to acknowledge official One Piece information provide the manga scenes backing up your claim.

Let's see if you're able to complete that simple task.

BECAUSE it was explaned in MANGA, if you can read
The manga explained shit.

- WB defeated Crocodile and fought with Roger.
- Kaido defeated Moria & cheapshot Oden.

These are their only battles that we know. The only difference is that they got their own arc and they diplayed their full power.

Mihawk fought with Shanks. His arc/mini arc/mini season call it whatever you prefer didnt come yet.

The manga explained shit.

- WB defeated Crocodile and fought with Roger.
- Kaido defeated Moria & cheapshot Oden.

These are their only battles that we know. The only difference is that they got their own arc and they diplayed their full power.

Mihawk fought with Shanks. His arc/mini arc/mini season call it whatever you prefer didnt come yet.
And what about Mihawk?

Imu wield a sword.

Gorosei wield a sword

Supreme Commander of God's knights wield a sword.

NON OF THEM WAS DEFEATED BY FRAUDHAWK

So yeah, MIhawk fought against Shanks and didn't won - that is best feature for WSS title.

Now talking about WB, it was stated that he fought against BM and Kaido for territories and this is why all of them became Younko.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

The only person who didn't defeat anyone relevant was WB...
  1. Kaidou defeated Prime Oden
  2. Prime Hyogoro the legend of Yakuza
  3. Prime Moriah
  4. We also had Ushimaru being 大剣豪 (Dai-Kengou: great swordsman). It's important because only he, Mihawk and Ryuma are called Dai-Kengou in every chapter so far. Zoro's dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou, we still had two other great swordsmen who were with Ushimaru and who were also defeated by Kaidou.

The only person who didn't defeat anyone relevant was WB...
  1. Kaidou defeated Prime Oden
  2. Prime Hyogoro the legend of Yakuza
  3. Prime Moriah
  4. We also had Ushimaru being 大剣豪 (Dai-Kengou: great swordsman). It's important because only he, Mihawk and Ryuma are called Dai-Kengou in every chapter so far. Zoro's dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou, we still had two other great swordsmen who were with Ushimaru and who were also defeated by Kaidou.
WB fought against BM and Kaido that was stated in PH. And actually because BM and Kaido was standing against him, they became Younko. This is clown take, you are fired

Similar to:

-How Luffy became the 5th Emperor (Luffy never declared himself Emperor)
-How Roger was called the Pirate King (The Navy was it? started calling Roger the Pirate King after Laugh Tale)
-How Sabo became the Flame Emperor (1086)

No one mentioned on One Piece world any former WSS. Also, if Mihawk became the WSS by defeating another swordsman, there would be speculations in-verse if Mihawk is actually the WSS because he couldn't defeat Shanks before.

Why did the Marines act like they were absolutely sure about Mihawk's swordsmanship skills being actually better than that of Shanks? When in their past duels Mihawk couldn't defeat Shanks.

One of the scenarios that could've happened:

-People knew Mihawk was challenging swordsmen and the only one he couldn't defeat is Shanks
-For some reason, there was no more duels between the two
-Mihawk was seen with a Black Blade
-Shanks was seen being one armed
-People thought Mihawk finally won against Shanks with Shanks' arm getting cut as a result
-Whoever is responsible, be it the Navy or Morgans, declared Mihawk the WSS

**Not saying the title isn't legit. Imo Mihawk > Shanks with the difference being the black blade.

And what about Mihawk?

Imu wield a sword.

Gorosei wield a sword

Supreme Commander of God's knights wield a sword.

NON OF THEM WAS DEFEATED BY FRAUDHAWK

So yeah, MIhawk fought against Shanks and didn't won - that is best feature for WSS title.

Now talking about WB, it was stated that he fought against BM and Kaido for territories and this is why all of them became Younko.
Provide the manga scenes that shows Mihawk didn't defeat them.