Questions & Mysteries How did Mihawk become WSS then?

We have Ben Beckman, who Oda himself always places near the level of Yonko and Admiral
And we don't even know his fighting style and bounty, and thinking that the only deputy of the story is going to be removed without any masterpiece?
bb must be stronger than a Yonko and Admiral Level at the same time to kill Shanks and Ben..I'm sorry bro, you Zoro fans will not see the death of Shanks:myman:
Oda didn't place Benn there

Anyway, stop turning this thread to bb vs shanks talk please

I don’t doubt Mihawk being strong or even mad strong (Shanks being a shade stronger)

but that WSS plot line is obviously badly written

No one aiming for the title, no real link to the plot or the world, no history about it etc

And it can create confusion for people with guys like Shanks or Roger wielding sword but being stronger than Mihawk
Post automatically merged:

Dragon being the head of the RA and making countries revolting against the WG is self explanatory for his title

And no one out there is yelling or saying that he wants to be the worst criminal
As self explanatory as Sabo having surpassed Dragon's fame and popularity among revolutionaries for simply walking into the wrong room and barely getting away? There could be more threads like this about Dragon than ever but there aren't because it's Mihawk who lives in their head for some reason.

Regarding the previous part of your post, there's no confusion. Guys like Shanks or Roger wield sword and there's no reason to think they're any stronger than Mihawk, particularly Shanks, who quite literally must be at least a little bit weaker than Mihawk.

Why do people keep claiming nobody aims for his title when quite literally half the characters in the story do? WSS is solely a strength related title. They don't aim specifically for it because it brings nothing to the wielder, but swordsmen to aim to become stronger to reach things like becoming Pirate Kings or fleet admirals. Everybody aiming to become stronger while being a swordsman is actively competing with Zoro for being the WSS and could get Mihawk's attention, but they simply aren't there.

Do you know why it actually matters for Zoro to scream he wants to be the strongest swordsman? Because if Shanks can beat Mihawk in a swordsman, through the use of literally whatever means, future sight CoC, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3, he'd be a stronger swordsmen than Mihawk, and Zoro would simply gun for Shanks' head to achieve his dream.

Do you believe Zoro simply wants a diploma to hang on the wall by getting the WSS title? Or do you believe Zoro wants to quite literally beat whoever is the real strongest swordsman in the world? Mihawk's sole existence is being an embodiment of strength and of peak swordsmanship. He's literally there so we know Zoro is effectively the strongest swordsman in the verse when he beats them, so he cannot not be.

:kayneshrug:

Dragon's title is not about power level and I also mentioned why it doesn't know its enemies
Also, I really want to know what future you have in mind for Mihawk?
But people can question his power level without questioning his title.

What future? I'm not one for long term predictions. All I know for sure is Zoro will beat him and that will be it for achieving his dream. Mihawk could possibly not be his final fight, but that would mean either his next fight(s) will either be anticlimatic (weaker swordsmen) or against some non-swordsman monster.

Gandhi for me goes into the first category regardless of devil fruit. And I'm not implying he's weak.

My guess is they're showing all of the top tiers first before revealing Mihawk's backstory so he can prove that he is a WSS.

Note the importance in this vivre card; One, famous before the great pirate era which implies immortality as his name implies. Two, "more powerful foe" meaning he may have faced those monsters in their prime. Reyleigh is most likely one of them who challenged him which explained how he got the same eye scar like Zoro.

You would also expect admirals to show up in his marine hunting days but their death won't be public to avoid humiliation.

Last edited:
Wielding Meito
Mastering Gentle Blade (Speed/Precision Based Techniques)
Mastering Strong Blade (Strength/AoE Based Techniques)
Mastering Breath of All Things
Mastering CoO
Mastering CoA
Mastering CoC

So when People witness that:

1. Mihawk wields a Supreme Blade (Only Shared with Roger, WB, Ghandi, Shanks, Xebec, Maybe Garling ... etc)
2. Forged a Black Blade (Everyone above Failed to do it & more, except Sword God)
3. Showed Unrivaled CoO & Gentle Blade Mastery (Earning him Epithet of Hawk-Eyes)
4. Showed Unrivaled Ranged/AoE Techniques (For example, Wano Samurai concluded BM = Kaidou just from witnessing Ikoku lol)
5. Probably had so many Feats of Cutting Ridiculous Targets (I mean He literally cut Small Islands with Nameless Casual Slashes)
6. Had Legendary Duels with Shanks (Even WB can't forget them) indicating that even Most Hyped CoC User couldn't beat him
7. Created Fear among Pirates & Marines alike in Grand Line (Just look at how Zeff spoke about him + Marine Hunter Epithet)

So from World Perspective, Mihawk have Strongest Blade + Only Current Swordsman who forged a Black Blade + Have Combination of Unrivaled Gentle Blade & Unrivaled Strong Blade Techniques + Never Defeated or Harmed + Most Hyped CoC User couldn't Defeat him + His CoC & Eyes (Who are like Imu's) earned him Epithet of Hawk-Eyes + Mastered Breath of All Things + Directly Challenged Marines earning him Epithet of Marine Hunter (But unlike Kaidou who is known for how many times He got Imprisoned, Mihawk was never Caught) ... etc

And this is only based on what little we know about him so far, We still gonna learn much more.
So how can People not call him Strongest Swordsman? He clearly earned Platinum Trophy in everything that is known about Swordsmen

When you see Characters underestimate him, it's based on Ignorance cuz they underestimate Swordsman Path that's all.
When you check List of Characters with Supreme & Great Blades (Aside from Zoro), They are mostly Characters who most World can rarely meet (Such as Ghandi, Roger, WB, Garling, Shanks, Xebec, Oden ... etc). So those who are overconfident don't have an Idea about how Strong Master Swordsmen are, which is why We are waiting for Zoro to finally force Mihawk to show both us Readers & OPWorld what does 100% of WSS look like

I mean you have Kid who is 3 Billion Pirate & literally just fought Two Yonko & still Underestimated Shanks lmao
So aside from People who did meet or witness Mihawk's Power, the others will only react to his Title (Some will respect it such as Zeff & some will understimate it such as those Okama Fodders)

And you're the same as those Okama Fodders lol You want to belong in the Group that Underestimates Master Swordsmen.
No wonder you rooted for Kid lol

Zoro has the most fans worldwide. They've been waiting for this since day 1. Will oda troll his fans on the day of their fight. Coz the only way mihawk becomes a fraud is if wss fight is without haki. Does oda have the balls to piss off the biggest fanbase and in turn decrease manga sales? I don't think so.

There's a reason why he made king one shots Bm, a reason why Oden is stronger than BM coz he wants, not just Luffy to be top tier after wano, but also Zoro. Coz Zoro is his cash cow and as long as he satisfies Zoro fans there will be money flowing in his pockets. So nope, your wish is not going to happen. Mihawk is a legit top tier and no amount of crying is gonna change that.

At least Zoro is facing top tiers and high tiers by beating most of them on his way to becoming WSS

But how did Mihawk become WSS?
(Don't bring up vivrecars nonsense when we know in the manga he didn't even fight 2 top swordmen beside Young Shanks, who was high tier to inbetweener at best when they battled.)

In the manga,
  • Mihawk didn't and hasnt faced any YC bar Vista at Marineford 2 years ago
  • Mihawk nerver fought any admiral and Emperor yet
  • Mihawk never fought any top tier sword user/swordsman
  • Mihawk never been to Wano, never fought any top samurai
  • No record of him beating any high tier/top tier ! Not even a Vet (known mid tier, Daz was fodder pre ts)
Like before becoming WSS, there's no yonko crew or WG record that he fought one of their best fighters nor the Yonko themselves
Even after becoming WSS, he's fought no legit swordsman /sword user and won.

Kaido and WB fought top tiers, inbetweeners and high tiers before and after becoming WS, they also beat some.
They don't have empty titles

Like who the hell or what did Mihawk do to become WSS?
The only answer is that they gave him that when they learnt Shanks lost his arm and WG needed to boost Mihawk as their new lapdog *warlord
Or Mihawk cut some country levo objet in 2.
Oh, man, if Mihawk ever gives Zoro a tougher fight than anyone he previously fought did, you'd officially be a clown forever now that you have made this thread. I hope you know that, man. :kobeha:

When I was about to go to sleep, I saw a Mihawk's post by this guy and when I woke up, I saw another one.
This guy thinks about hawkeye 24*7 wtf
I mean, think about it. Both @Erkan12 and @JoNdule can lay claim to having been soloed by a fictional character like Mihawk. :milaugh:

Ofc we want more Mihawk hype & showings.
Doesnt mean we'd nitpick and cry like you lmao.

Who did Kaido beat to be called the Strongest? Who did Whitebeard beat?

The answer is no one that we know of. These titles are given by the author, you dont need additional justification. You're just a butthurt hater crying about Mihawk all the time, you arent worth the time or effort because regardless of feats or not you'll keep crying anyway.
i'm not trying to defend or downplay anyone here.. but about WB....
if that doesn't count, then i don't know what else.. lol

i'm not trying to defend or downplay anyone here.. but about WB....
if that doesn't count, then i don't know what else.. lol
Well, you could give his fruit to usop and he'd do the same. Gura Gura no mi is the most powerful paramecia for a reason.

What made Whitebeard so powerful and dangerous are his own physical feats and haki. Devil fruits have become almost irrelevant in the realm of top tiers (unless you have some mythical, divine hack fruit)

At least Zoro is facing top tiers and high tiers by beating most of them on his way to becoming WSS

But how did Mihawk become WSS?
(Don't bring up vivrecars nonsense when we know in the manga he didn't even fight 2 top swordmen beside Young Shanks, who was high tier to inbetweener at best when they battled.)

In the manga,
  • Mihawk didn't and hasnt faced any YC bar Vista at Marineford 2 years ago
  • Mihawk nerver fought any admiral and Emperor yet
  • Mihawk never fought any top tier sword user/swordsman
  • Mihawk never been to Wano, never fought any top samurai
  • No record of him beating any high tier/top tier ! Not even a Vet (known mid tier, Daz was fodder pre ts)
Like before becoming WSS, there's no yonko crew or WG record that he fought one of their best fighters nor the Yonko themselves
Even after becoming WSS, he's fought no legit swordsman /sword user and won.

Kaido and WB fought top tiers, inbetweeners and high tiers before and after becoming WS, they also beat some.
They don't have empty titles

Like who the hell or what did Mihawk do to become WSS?
The only answer is that they gave him that when they learnt Shanks lost his arm and WG needed to boost Mihawk as their new lapdog *warlord
Or Mihawk cut some country levo objet in 2.
Beating Rayleigh the previous WSS...or beating Oden?

Well, you could give his fruit to usop and he'd do the same. Gura Gura no mi is the most powerful paramecia for a reason.

What made Whitebeard so powerful and dangerous are his own physical feats and haki. Devil fruits have become almost irrelevant in the realm of top tiers (unless you have some mythical, divine hack fruit)
Almost irrelevant? Blackbeard? Admirals? Sabo?

well.. i agree
he has an OP fruit + physical + haki + supreme grade weapon + his 16 divisions & nice moby dick

i just think it's irrelevant to comparing how mihawk's get WSS title to WB's WSM.. that's all

EDIT: the fact WB can do that tilting to marine's HQ is a big feat itself

Almost irrelevant? Blackbeard? Admirals? Sabo?

Everyone you named has additional feats highly complementing their DF abilities. Physical endurance, haki and whatever blackbeard has.

well.. i agree
he has an OP fruit + physical + haki + supreme grade weapon + his 16 divisions & nice moby dick

i just think it's irrelevant to comparing how mihawk's get WSS title to WB's WSM.. that's all
Yes. I was only answering to the WB topic.

Mihawk will have to show off or get some flashback/tellings.

Everyone you named has additional feats highly complementing their DF abilities. Physical endurance, haki and whatever blackbeard has.

Yes. I was only answering to the WB topic.

Mihawk will have to show off or get some flashback/tellings.
Flashback? Implying there will be time for that considering all the other stuff going on :milaugh: