Character Discussion How do you estimate the value of a character ?

For you, what matters more in a character ?

• Total voters
What has current OP got to do with lore? Act 3 has been nothing but fights, and most aren't that good. Volume 99 will sell more because of Roof Piece but that's all. Lore is post-Wano stuff. I'm telling you, do a poll.
Act 3 are about fights? Oda is off-screening most of them and showing only LORE. Roof Piece will make volume 99 sell more? Great! Because there was actual fight up there.

What about the lot of lore from Fishmen Island to Wano but volumes were selling less and less?

Act 3 are about fights? Oda is off-screening most of them and showing only LORE. Roof Piece will make volume 99 sell more? Great! Because there was actual fight up there.

What about the lot of lore from Fishmen Island to Wano but volumes were selling less and less?
The lore has to be backed by good fights too to sell well but the major feature of OP has always been lore/world building as I'm pretty sure you saw in the other poll. It's definitely not, 'No, no one came here for the lore' as you saw. Most have just stayed because of the lore and the mysteries that are yet to come. Also, sales greatly depend on many other factors such as the number of volumes released, etc.

I like to see something in a character that I admire and try to be like him/her irl

his/her personality
his/her power
his/her goal
his/her effect on story

all are major factors but I want someone to admire in real life
I can never be as strong as X and Y
but I can try to be as good as a father like Whitebeard some day ...

that's why I will respect him until my last day cause I have a good reason to admire him
same with Shanks
using your power selfishly and selflessly without being a dick is a something I like to achieve some day
and ...

The lore has to be backed by good fights too to sell well but the major feature of OP has always been lore/world building as I'm pretty sure you saw in the other poll. It's definitely not, 'No, no one came here for the lore' as you saw. Most have just stayed because of the lore and the mysteries that are yet to come. Also, sales greatly depend on many other factors such as the number of volumes released, etc.
No one came here for the lore. The lore is what keep people interesting between fights. But the fights are more important. Who wins, how people wins.

That is why asspulling and plot armor are big issues and not "oh its shonen is suppose to have". As I already said in a thread, there isn't suppose to have room for plot armor when author is doing trainning arcs.

People like to pretend they are intellectual that came for another reason. Just like hitting women and wanting to know about her feelings and blablabla. People are usually not honest with themselves.
How is liking lore more 'intellectual' than liking fights? It's just personal preference. If I was given a choice between an awesome fight next chapter and some little info about the Will of D/Void Century, I would always choose the latter without batting an eye and that's the truth. Just because your preferences don't match with others doesn't mean that 90% of the people are 'lying'.

How is liking lore more 'intellectual' than liking fights? It's just personal preference. If I was given a choice between an awesome fight next chapter and some little info about the Will of D/Void Century, I would always choose the latter without batting an eye and that's the truth. Just because your preferences don't match with others doesn't mean that 90% of the people are 'lying'.
Just like people pretend to be more adult by not liking animes, cartoon, videogames or whatever kids like to do.

Also, lore doesn't fit target audience tastes. But you "lore people" always like to bring that up when we are complaining about OP current state(target audience blablabla).

Just like people pretend to be more adult by not liking animes, cartoon, videogames or whatever kids like to do.
I love fights in anime when done well but One Piece isn't nearly the best at it. It's pretty mid in terms of fights imo. On the other hand, HxH is a manga where I don't really love the lore as much as I love its fights. So am I suddenly not 'pretentious' when I was before according to you? LMAO. You still can't accept that you were wrong and are still blaming it on others for apparently 'lying'. Lore > Fights is not for every series but for OP, it is, for me and most other people.

But you "lore people"
Looks like the majority of the people are those 'lore people'. Kengan Ashura or some other fighting series would be the best selling manga in the world if fights were what people always came for when reading manga. There are numerous mangas with better fights than OP but only a few have mysteries and lore on its level.

I love fights in anime when done well but One Piece isn't nearly the best at it. It's pretty mid in terms of fights imo. On the other hand, HxH is a manga where I don't really love the lore as much as I love its fights. So am I suddenly not 'pretentious' when I was before according to you? LMAO. You still can't accept that you were wrong and are still blaming it on others for apparently 'lying'. Lore > Fights is not for every series but for OP, it is, for me and most other people.

Looks like the majority of the people are those 'lore people'. Kengan Ashura or some other fighting series would be the best selling manga in the world if fights were what people always came for when reading manga. There are numerous mangas with better fights than OP but only a few have mysteries and lore on its level.
So you can't judge manga properly. OP is way better at fights than HxH which is way better at lore. HxH simple is not giving what everyone wants from a shonen a moment of overpowered protagonist. Kurapika kind of had that against that Phantom Troupe member but that's all. None protagonist is ever portrayed as the strongest in the room.
Sure almost forgot Gon special condition, still ruined by losing an arm while being so impressive.

Kengan Ashura is not good at fight manga only because is fully focused on fights. Baki is way better. Still both still fails with asspulling. Baki has a decent story.

So you can't judge manga properly. OP is way better at fights than HxH which is way better at lore. HxH simple is not giving what everyone wants from a shonen a moment of overpowered protagonist. Kurapika kind of had that against that Phantom Troupe member but that's all. None protagonist is ever portrayed as the strongest in the room.
Sure almost forgot Gon special condition, still ruined by losing an arm while being so impressive.

Kengan Ashura is not good at fight manga only because is fully focused on fights. Baki is way better. Still both still fails with asspulling. Baki has a decent story.
I like HxH's lore and it's one of the bests out there but some of its fights are my all-time favourites like Kurapika vs Uvogin, Hisoka vs Chrollo, Netero vs Meruem, etc. None of the OP fights come even near most of them imo, especially because nen is such a superior and versatile power system when compared to haki. But that's not the point. The point is that there are a lot of mangas of which I and many others find the fights better and some of which, the lore and the world-building. So your point of people 'pretending' or 'lying' about not enjoying the fights more than the lore just to feel more 'intellectual' is bs. OP's lore is better than its fights for most people and that's a fact.