Questions & Mysteries How good is OPM’s powerscaling?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It's pretty trash all considering. It's wild and all over the place with a majority of the crises being averted if one or two OP characters accidentally walked onto the scene. It's DBZ with more limited growth and time spent on the lower tier characters but honestly, you can't expect me to take a plot line centered around Metal Bat seriously when Tatsumaki can fly around and mentally crush whoever Metal bat is extreme diffing.

So if you like a series that makes 99.9% of the cast superfluous and eliminates tension with these wide berths of power, it's for you. Like I said, it's DBZ where Goku can handle everything but for some reason the author keeps letting Krillin have at it first.

I personally prefer series where characters are more clustered around closer power levels. Makes it all more interesting and any fight has more of a sense of danger to it.

C

Cuistot

It's pretty trash all considering. It's wild and all over the place with a majority of the crises being averted if one or two OP characters accidentally walked onto the scene. It's DBZ with more limited growth and time spent on the lower tier characters but honestly, you can't expect me to take a plot line centered around Metal Bat seriously when Tatsumaki can fly around and mentally crush whoever Metal bat is extreme diffing.

So if you like a series that makes 99.9% of the cast superfluous and eliminates tension with these wide berths of power, it's for you. Like I said, it's DBZ where Goku can handle everything but for some reason the author keeps letting Krillin have at it first.

I personally prefer series where characters are more clustered around closer power levels. Makes it all more interesting and any fight has more of a sense of danger to it.
You don't even read/watch this show...

OPM makes fun of DBZ, the comparisons are moot.

Ok but this has nothing to do with the consistency of the powerscaling. You’ll never see OPM pull a DBS and have characters randomly get 100x stronger for the sake of the plot. ONE and Murata could have had TTM put in work against Fuhrer Ugly if they wanted to, but they respected the power scaling and had Ugly easily turn TTM into a piece of modern art

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ok but this has nothing to do with the consistency of the powerscaling. You’ll never see OPM pull a DBS and have characters randomly get 100x stronger for the sake of the plot. ONE and Murata could have had TTM put in work against Fuhrer Ugly if they wanted to, but they respected the power scaling and had Ugly easily turn TTM into a piece of modern art
It's consistent but the way its powerscaling functions is bad IMO. It's like FT having Gildartz hanging around, able to beat the shit out of any character or antagonist if he so desires.

Like dog shit consistently smells bad, but I'm not gonna compliment it for that

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Honestly it might have been the best pre everyone getting buffs and nerfs at a whim. It's falling off a bit, what with FF sustaining multiple blows from Platinum Sperm who is multiple times stronger than Golden Sperm who Darkshine (the most physically durable of the S ranks) got completely outmuscled by in like one attack. That's just a recent example.

Overall still one of the best but I'd say HxH has it beat.

Honestly it might have been the best pre everyone getting buffs and nerfs at a whim. It's falling off a bit, what with FF sustaining multiple blows from Platinum Sperm who is multiple times stronger than Golden Sperm who Darkshine (the most physically durable of the S ranks) got completely outmuscled by in like one attack. That's just a recent example.

Overall still one of the best but I'd say HxH has it beat.
I think that was because GS being bigger and shinier than Darkshine made him lose his fighting spirit. Also PS probably isn’t “multiple times” stronger than GS, since GS was 43 trillion cells while PS is 54 trillion. I wish that they had made GS have a lower cell count

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I think that was because GS being bigger and shinier than Darkshine made him lose his fighting spirit. Also PS probably isn’t “multiple times” stronger than GS, since GS was 43 trillion cells while PS is 54 trillion. I wish that they had made GS have a lower cell count
Darkshine lost his spirit fighting Garou and still took attacks. GS one shotted him.

The OPM and DBZ, plz.🖐
OPM never started off as a gag, it just never touched the subject of Saitama’s depression deeply, it has always been there, his frustration from one punching everything has always been there just never went deep into detail.

As for powerscaling, it’s up there in the god tier powerscaling consistency. Saw HxH was brought up, 98% of the fanbase still doesn’t know how the power systems works, and I’m one of those 98%. But nen stuff aside the strength and consistency of HxH is great. One thing I kinda have a problem with in HxH is piercing durability. The pre rose “king” Meruem and Gon were equals in power in Pitou’s eyes but Gon’s piercing durability being just a factor in why the king would clap him is just you know…unless Pitou is suggesting she can pierce the king, but that’s unlikely. I guess that’s just a human trait that needed to stay but then that makes Gon look fodder especially since the king is a piercing machine.