Character Discussion How important is strength when it comes to picking Favorite Characters?

Personally, How important is it for your Favorite character to be strong?

• Total voters
It is. Ain't no way Shanks would be popular if he was weak. All Shanks fans talk about is his power level and hype. I just singled them out because of how many act like bitches lol.
I mean... Oda does put him in a lot of scenarios where his power really matters.
Like a Killer or Kidd level dude would not be blocking hits from Akainu, scaring Aramaki off with their Haki, clashing with Mihawk about a decade ago, etc.

Not at all when it comes to my one piece favorites.

I like Chopper because of his character design , he is cute. Also like his personality traits he is kind , naive , coward and extremely emotional . He also has some unique gags.

Usopp because his funny gags , his lies , him being coward and negative. Like his marksmanship style.

Luffy because he is dumb , funny , brave , good at heart. But main reason is lengths he is willing to go to protect his friends.

For females its how beautiful or funny they are .

It's completely irrelevant my favorite characters (for the most part) just happen to be strong with few exceptions

I count Corazon among my favorites but he's fodder compared to most characters that are getting screentime right now

It's only somewhat important when strength is directly tied to their character (Whitebeard) and that's still secondary

Answer to your question : are namy chopper or ussop popular like others ? Nop they are cool but in shonen manga, you watch it for fights and strength.

So if luffy, sanji or zoro don't have any strength, they aren't different from ussop and others who have great personality but no one cares here about that in one piece.

Gorosei weren't lame but see now, everyone talk about them, love them, why ? They showed they have strength.

Answer to your question : are namy chopper or ussop popular like others ? Nop they are cool but in shonen manga, you watch it for fights and strength.

So if luffy, sanji or zoro don't have any strength, they aren't different from ussop and others who have great personality but no one cares here about that in one piece.

Gorosei weren't lame but see now, everyone talk about them, love them, why ? They showed they have strength.
Sex appeal also plays a role, remove beauty from a lot of popular characters and they become zeros in the eyes of shonen fans