Future Events How many chapters before the end of OP ?

How many chapters till the end

• Total voters
Yeah but he repeated this basically 3 more times 2 consecutive years before lol. The clock just keeps resetting.

Watch, in 2 more years he'll say 3-5 years again
He will keep repeating it until he is right.

But I guess the focus in about he implying One Piece would end after One Piece treasure is discovered and not after Final War. Which makes no fucking sense because Whitebeard told One Piece treasure would cause this biggest war. Also the series is going much more for One Piece to be found than Final War to be initiated.

My bet would be only if Oda offscreen the treasure until the end of the series.

i just link the source lol
i personally doesnt believe he can end one piece in 3-5 years too
No i gotcha, im just saying that one is the 3rd or 4th time he said it like 2-3 years lol.
Post automatically merged:

He will keep repeating it until he is right.

But I guess the focus in about he implying One Piece would end after One Piece treasure is discovered and not after Final War. Which makes no fucking sense because Whitebeard told One Piece treasure would cause this biggest war. Also the series is going much more for One Piece to be found than Final War to be initiated.

My bet would be only if Oda offscreen the treasure until the end of the series.
@Herrera95 really Volume 97 SBS clarifies it best. There he says the "most interesting part of the story" is when they find out what One Piece is. He does not necessarily state its ending on that answer.

Oda seems to have a very clear separation between Luffy's "journey" and manga "serialization". For example, Impel Down and Marineford are some of the most important arcs in the series, and Oda calls them side-stories.

The final war with the WG may not be part of the adventure, just the end of the serialization. To Oda, this is different. This is how I interpret it for now

I think between 1200-1300 chapters which would take roughly 5 years seems right. Feels like it will end sooner rather later so can’t see it going on for longer than that unless he cuts down on the number of chapters
The issue is we have to think about "real estate" in the plot and theres just so mucj we dont know yet.

- We dont know exactly when Egghead will end. Id say a good guess is probably between 1130-1140 at the rate it is going.

- We cant confirm if Elbaf is directly next, but lets assume. Even if its short (50-60 chapters), that still puts us at roughy 1200 lol.

- Then if we are confirmed to be going to Elbaf, then we also should be going to Law's original destination. If thats not Lodestar, its another thing on its own, but my guess is its 4th RP related anyway. If its the the big fight over it with the 4 Yonko involved, it can easily last 100 chapters. Wano's fights alone almost lasted that much lol

- If not there, then Lodestar/Laugh Tale

- It also doesnt include the "possibility" that the WG war is separate. If not, then thats just a larger war at the end of Grand Line.

This is without me really going into plotlines, but rather what we "should" expect in terms of the journey

Tldr: 4 Islands minimum after Egghead, not including Mariejois if we go.

The issue is we have to think about "real estate" in the plot and theres just so mucj we dont know yet.

- We dont know exactly when Egghead will end. Id say a good guess is probably between 1130-1140 at the rate it is going.

- We cant confirm if Elbaf is directly next, but lets assume. Even if its short (50-60 chapters), that still puts us at roughy 1200 lol.

- Then if we are confirmed to be going to Elbaf, then we also should be going to Law's original destination. If thats not Lodestar, its another thing on its own, but my guess is its 4th RP related anyway. If its the the big fight over it with the 4 Yonko involved, it can easily last 100 chapters. Wano's fights alone almost lasted that much lol

- If not there, then Lodestar/Laugh Tale

- It also doesnt include the "possibility" that the WG war is separate. If not, then thats just a larger war at the end of Grand Line.

This is without me really going into plotlines, but rather what we "should" expect in terms of the journey

Tldr: 4 Islands minimum after Egghead, not including Mariejois if we go.
I think you are overestimating how many and how long the arcs remaining in the story are.

Like you said we don’t know when Egghead will end but also at this point what it will cover. If it goes as long as you think, about 2 years, then I imagine it’s a ton of set up that he can quickly pay off in the next arc or two to wrap up the story.