Questions & Mysteries How many chapters long will Zoro vs Mihawk be?

How many chapters will Mihawk vs Zoro last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Title.

How many chapters long will Zoro’s most anticipated fight be? A user pointing out that Admirals will lose in ~4 chapters got me thinking, Oda really doesn’t give out long fights to anyone but Luffy. Zoro vs King is Zoro’s longest fight at 3.5 chapters long. So I’m curious how long WG thinks Zoro’s ultimate fight will last.

Personally, I think Shiryu vs Zoro will be about as long as King vs Zoro if not a chapter longer. And Mihawk vs Zoro should be as long as Zoro’s longest fight.

But I can also see Oda going down a classic samurai / Japanese film making trope of having the fight be very quick instead. It wouldn’t be overly popular with the online audience but I can see it resonating with plenty of fans.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Title.

How many chapters long will Zoro’s most anticipated fight be? A user pointing out that Admirals will lose in ~4 chapters got me thinking, Oda really doesn’t give out long fights to anyone but Luffy. Zoro vs King is Zoro’s longest fight at 3.5 chapters long. So I’m curious how long WG thinks Zoro’s ultimate fight will last.

Personally, I think Shiryu vs Zoro will be about as long as King vs Zoro if not a chapter longer. And Mihawk vs Zoro should be as long as Zoro’s longest fight.

But I can also see Oda going down a classic samurai / Japanese film making trope of having the fight be very quick instead. It wouldn’t be overly popular with the online audience but I can see it resonating with plenty of fans.

Nah I think they will have a full fight
But the last part when they both fucked up will be the same as the first fight ss vs mihawk but this time yoru breaks

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Knowing Oda, probably a few chapters, although not as many as the rabid fandom would like. I still think it would be kinda cool if the entire series ends right as Zoro vs Mihawk begins; Luffy’s become Pirate King, the Straw Hats and their allies have smashed the WG and all their tools of oppression, and at the start of a new era of peace and prosperity for the OP world, the tale concludes with Zoro, eyes narrow and determined, swords ready to fly, smiling as he stands in front of his greatest challenger…freeze frame to close the whole thing out :brootea:

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I think Zoro vs Mihawk would be a shortish fight.

As far as we know, and we have no reason to think otherwise, there’s not a gimmick to Mihawk. He doesn’t have any voodoo Lunarian powers or weird DFs going on. He should actually be very similar as a fighter to Zoro, Asura’s the weirdest thing he’s got and even that is functionally just a strong attack.

So if Zoro vs Mihawk was to happen, I think it would probably be

-the fight would start quite early on, get cut to quite a lot while other things are going on
-then two chapters at the end purely focused on their fight

Most similar in format to Zoro vs Kaku or Zoro vs Pica. Except no gag shenanigans going on, plus it’s all actual fighting when we cut to it. That’s probably the best way Oda can do a Zoro fight.

Because if there is no gimmick to Mihawk, then really, the fight will be quite samey. It can’t go on too long or it’ll just get repetitive- that’s what’s happening with Luffy vs Kaido right now, and I think a big reason for that os that Kaido’s gimmick has seemingly been solved ages ago.

It won't last long, Oda told us that during Thriller Bark arc when Zoro fought Ryuma's zombie.
A fight between 2 strong powerful and skilled swordsmen doesn't last long.
So it will be between 2 or 3 chapters, only a few attacks will land and that will be enough
What will matter will be the choreography, the skills and haki display and obviously the destructive power behind the attacks

All I know is that it's going to be epic, Zoro vs King was beyond my expectations so there is no doubt Oda is planning something special for that fight that has been foreshadowed for like a 1000 chapters now

I think Zoro vs Mihawk would be a shortish fight.

As far as we know, and we have no reason to think otherwise, there’s not a gimmick to Mihawk. He doesn’t have any voodoo Lunarian powers or weird DFs going on. He should actually be very similar as a fighter to Zoro, Asura’s the weirdest thing he’s got and even that is functionally just a strong attack.

So if Zoro vs Mihawk was to happen, I think it would probably be

-the fight would start quite early on, get cut to quite a lot while other things are going on
-then two chapters at the end purely focused on their fight

Most similar in format to Zoro vs Kaku or Zoro vs Pica. Except no gag shenanigans going on, plus it’s all actual fighting when we cut to it. That’s probably the best way Oda can do a Zoro fight.

Because if there is no gimmick to Mihawk, then really, the fight will be quite samey. It can’t go on too long or it’ll just get repetitive- that’s what’s happening with Luffy vs Kaido right now, and I think a big reason for that os that Kaido’s gimmick has seemingly been solved ages ago.
It will be a long fight stfu