How many languages do you speak?

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Well it's a common thing for all languages at the beginning lol and in school we usually don't go that deep. We only learn the basics
Ya I agree, I remember having to memorize a list of animal names in Spanish, in retrospect it was pretty useless

It’s hard to be fluent without an environment to practice in. I’m hoping to study in France or Montreal in the next year or the year after to improve my French. Goal is to get to C2

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Serbian, English, French, Spanish a bit, Latin (studied 3 years in school), regarding the first two I can speak them fluently, Serbian in my native language, English is my major, therefore I think it is safe to say I am C2 level, French around B2/C1, the others would be B1 level.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
fluent in my native language
fluent in English
studying Japanese. there's a very long way to go
tried to study Russian and German but gave up too easily :feelscryingman:
studied Spanish but i only understand the basic now
When I see the list of katakana, hiragana, and kanji I feel discouraged to start learning how to read Japanese, I can understand spoken Japanese to an extent, but written Japanese is hard.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
i am a visual learner so i'm somewhat your opposite
but I agree that Kanji is really difficult
I am more of an audio learner, I learned English from cartoons when I was 5 years old, and since then it was always easy for me to communicate using it, even now on academic level for my essays, presentations etc.

But yeah, memorizing kanji is a pain.

Italian, english (I have a B1 but I have to take at least a B2, possibly a C1 in the near future), a 3rd language which is spoken only in my area XD and a tiny bit of spanish, spent 3 months there but was most of the time among italians plus it was 3 years ago and since then I had not used it so as people says if you don't use it you lose it and so it is (like the 5 years of latin in highschool and the 3 years of french in middle school).