How strong is Houken army ?

They definitely beat anybody not in the Qin6/3GH/7FD category, solidly.

Now against the top tiers mentioned above, the Houken army is certainly competent but what really puts a wrench into things is Houken himself. He is basically an upgraded Zenou, and when used by someone as talented as Chousou, a lot of things could go wrong lol.

Moubu army is an unknown factor, but as the sole commander for the Chu frontlines, I have no doubt his squad is good enough to hold back the likes of Rihaku and Kouson ryuu. Aisen was not the highest ranked under Moubu, and I think even he is capable of bringing down the Mangoku army with enough numbers. Moubu vs Houken, I would favor Moubu coming out on top.

Kanki army depends. In open plains warfare, they will be in a bad spot. If Zenou is used wisely though, I have no doubt he can carve his way through Rihaku's iron defenses and demolish him. But other than that, Kanki has very limited options. Even if he managed to ambush Houken in dense forest, would Zenou and squad be enough to kill him? Not sure. I may have to give it to the Houken army.

Tou army I'm not very enthusiastic about. His army is not super impressive to me, even though we haven't been given enough screentime for them. Can Rokuomi even kill Shomou? Debatable. Tou himself is lightyears beyond any general in the opposing army, but his resources can't keep up. Not to mention, I don't think Tou can beat Houken. Houken army wins I think.

Ousen army is 50/50. Akou and Makou are more talented than the opposing generals. Houken is of course a problem, but maybe with enough numbers combined with advanced formations from those two would be enough to wear the mongrel out? A lot of assumptions to be had. My answer for this is I have no clue.

Yotanwa army is hard to comment on, because we've only ever seen her in a position where she is outnumbered and on the run. For me it's too early to say how the tribe leaders stack up to other generals. I will say though that her army is not lacking in brute strength, arguably second only to Moubu. Don't think she can beat Houken but with enough numbers with her? It's possible. Again I have no clue.

What we can take away from this is that brute strength is really what's needed when you're up against an army that has Houken in it lol.