Questions & Mysteries How the actual fuck...

We have cases of people leaving and entering Wano, so you can't rule out similar events occurring before. It is plausible that some hardened explorers with interests in swords managed to reach Wano and record information about Shusui, or someone left Wano and transmitted the information.

We actually don't know much about Ryuma's story. We know the fragment of him slaying a dragon ("Monsters" one-shot) and that he was known as the strongest swordsman of his time. As such, he probably left Wano and brought Shusui to fame... the "Monsters" story location, for example, doesn't look like Wano.

It's also unknown how old most of the meito are. We know only that Wado Ichimonji/Enma are newer than Kozaburo, their creator (100 years or less?), and Sandai Kitetsu/Ame no Habakiri are newer than Sukiyaki (he's 81 years old), but most others may be even older than the Void Century. That way, the knowledge about Wano's meito would be more accessible, as Wano was an open country in the past.

Why she would be relative to Shimotsuki?
It’s pretty obvious because she has the Shimotsuki look all over her, that’s why Zoro mistakenly sees Tashigi as Kuina so Vanlax theory makes sense (could be Kozaburo).

Everything will be explained in Zoro’s arc for sure including shenanigan going on with Kuina’s supposed death and the Shimotsuki flashback.

My prediction is Nusjuro and Shimotsuki family were rivals. Nusjuro was old Wano’s Emperor backed by WG and Ryuma defeated him, earned the title Sword God and that’s how Wano earned the reputation of being feared/closed off.

Last edited:
It’s pretty obvious because she has the Shimotsuki look all over her, that’s why Zoro mistakenly sees Tashigi as Kuina so Vanlax theory makes sense (could be Kozaburo).

Everything will be explained in Zoro’s arc for sure including shenanigan going on with Kuina’s supposed death and the Shimotsuki flashback.

My prediction is Nusjuro and Shimotsuki family were rivals. Nusjuro was the Orochi of old Wano backed by WG and Ryuma defeated him, earned the title Sword God and that’s how Wano earned the reputation of being feared/closed off.
Dude Wano closed the borders after Void Century because of WG. And Ryuuma is probably from New Wano already.

Ryuma terrorized the world when he was around.
So you think he left Wano.
Post automatically merged:

We have cases of people leaving and entering Wano, so you can't rule out similar events occurring before. It is plausible that some hardened explorers with interests in swords managed to reach Wano and record information about Shusui, or someone left Wano and transmitted the information.
But doesn't those people who left Wano get like banned from there? Oden being an exception for being the next Shogun in lineage of course.

So you think he left Wano.
Post automatically merged:

But doesn't those people who left Wano get like banned from there? Oden being an exception for being the next Shogun in lineage of course.
I think it's very likely. Dr. Hogback, for example, was able to identify him even as a rotten body.

About getting banned, his case could be similar to Oden's. Actually, his feats are apparently on par with Luffy's at Wano (see below*), so he had a lot of impact in his country.

* Chapter 1052.

I wish we knew more about how in the hell the swords were graded in the 1st place. How does the system even works, and how would the graders know how to grade the blades, and differentiate them from other blades. I can't see Ryuma letting anyone test his sword out for some goddamn grading system.

I wish we knew more about how in the hell the swords were graded in the 1st place. How does the system even works, and how would the graders know how to grade the blades, and differentiate them from other blades. I can't see Ryuma letting anyone test his sword out for some goddamn grading system.
I think they are graded according to the wielder's feats and maybe the swordsmith's reputation too. Seeing Mihawk explaining haki, I feel that all blades are breakable, no matter how good is the swordsmith... however, strong haki may increase the blade's durability even after the wielder's death (or even after centuries), that's why Wado Ichimonji didn't break after Zoro fought Mihawk for the first time (it was made by a great swordsmith and probably had a previous owner with strong haki).

All Zoro's blades were already high-graded meito when they were training in timeskip.