Questions & Mysteries How the actual fuck...

I think it's very likely. Dr. Hogback, for example, was able to identify him even as a rotten body.

About getting banned, his case could be similar to Oden's. Actually, his feats are apparently on par with Luffy's at Wano (see below*), so he had a lot of impact in his country.

* Chapter 1052.
I think people would comment if he was one that travel around the world like they did with Oden.
Post automatically merged:

There's a whole comic about Ryuma that is set away from Wano.
This is not like Ace novel that was done after One Piece. Ryuuma one shot came before. The setting is completely different. Hard to exist in One Piece real world. And the Dragon was killed at Wano, wasn't?

I think they are graded according to the wielder's feats and maybe the swordsmith's reputation too. Seeing Mihawk explaining haki, I feel that all blades are breakable, no matter how good is the swordsmith... however, strong haki may increase the blade's durability even after the wielder's death (or even after centuries), that's why Wado Ichimonji didn't break after Zoro fought Mihawk for the first time (it was made by a great swordsmith and probably had a previous owner with strong haki).

All Zoro's blades were already high-graded meito when they were training in timeskip.
Sure, but how could the graders confidently say that Shusui is a grade below the Supreme Grade level when that sword is a Black Blade that was wielded by the Sword God Ryuma, who, with said blade, was able to keep outsiders at bay for his entire life, and for centuries after his passing, his legacy alone still had people fearing to invade Wano. That just doesn't make sense.

Why she would be relative to Shimotsuki?
Well Tashigi and Kuina look similar for one.

Then both their names have reference to flightless birds.

It's not canon, but perhaps it's Oda hinting they have similar bloodline, which is Shimotsuki.

Maybe one of the original Shimotsuki who migrated in East Blue explored the area and married somewhere else not in Shimotsuki Village.

So, imagine what Tashigi will do when she sees Enma.

By the way, like what people said before, some Wano citizens traveled [rarely] to different islands. Ryumma could have traveled around the world and someone interested in swords saw it and jotted it down. Seeing how the book Tashigi has must be old.

Anyway I wish Oda made an villian for Zoro who hunts other swordsmans for their swords and takes them after killing said swordsman.

It's not canon, but perhaps it's Oda hinting they have similar bloodline, which is Shimotsuki.

Maybe one of the original Shimotsuki who migrated in East Blue explored the area and married somewhere else not in Shimotsuki Village.
Just no.

So, imagine what Tashigi will do when she sees Enma.

By the way, like what people said before, some Wano citizens traveled [rarely] to different islands. Ryumma could have traveled around the world and someone interested in swords saw it and jotted it down. Seeing how the book Tashigi has must be old.

Anyway I wish Oda made an villian for Zoro who hunts other swordsmans for their swords and takes them after killing said swordsman.
So it shouldn't have Enma in that book? Or her sister.

How the fuck does Tashigi knows Shusui?

Wasn't Wano suppose to be a closed country?

Did Moriah gave that info when became a Shichibukai?

Does Ryuuma and his sword legend is well know across the globe?

How? Just fucking how?

She has a sword encyclopedia with her.
Ofc she would know.

What do you mean?

You're asking for speculations since we do not have information on this regard.

I've given you one that makes sense and your answer is "just no" without giving any kind of logical reasoning.

It's not like you have a better answer either.

So what are you really looking for in this thread?

Tashigis bird reference isnt a flightless bird though.

And according to the op wiki oda already said their similar appearance is a coincidence

And we already got kid Tashigi in an sbs
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_68

Tashigis bird reference isnt a flightless bird though.

And according to the op wiki oda already said their similar appearance is a coincidence

And we already got kid Tashigi in an sbs
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_68
Tbh, the details aren't even the main point of my argument.

55 Years ago - A group of 25 people left Wano, including Kouzaburou

52 Years ago - 10 of them settled and created Shimotsuki Village in East Blue

Meaning there are others from Wano who didn't settle at the newly created Shimotsuki Village.

What if one of these is Tashigi's ancestor?

or

What if one of those who left Wano had written a book about katana?

or

What if one of them have relayed information about swords of Wano?

Just no.

So it shouldn't have Enma in that book? Or her sister.
It should because it had Wado in it and they are sister swords indeed.

What I meant by is Tashigi gonna have star eyes when she see it and it will annoy Zoro again. Hahah

What do you mean?

You're asking for speculations since we do not have information on this regard.

I've given you one that makes sense and your answer is "just no" without giving any kind of logical reasoning.

It's not like you have a better answer either.

So what are you really looking for in this thread?
Nothing indicates Tashigi being Shimotsuki and that wouldn't change a bit.

Nothing indicates Tashigi being Shimotsuki and that wouldn't change a bit.
Well, what's acceptable for you? (Outside of Ryuma Legend being globally known or without Moriah being invovled)

Meaning there are others from Wano who didn't settle at the newly created Shimotsuki Village.

1. What if one of these is Tashigi's ancestor?
2. What if one of those who left Wano had written a book about katana?
3. What if one of them have relayed information about swords of Wano?
4. What if one of the 10 who settled and created Shimotsuki Village in East Blue had written about katanas or maybe Ryuma Legend itself including Shusui?

They guess

We barely heard of Ryuuma.
Hogback and Zoro both knew the legend of ryuma. Zoro knew it before anyone even told him about wano.

I think people would comment if he was one that travel around the world like they did with Oden.

This is not like Ace novel that was done after One Piece. Ryuuma one shot came before. The setting is completely different. Hard to exist in One Piece real world. And the Dragon was killed at Wano, wasn't?
Ryuma killed multiple dragons

First off, Ryuma lived centuries before the current times, so much of (or even all of) his story acquired legendary status already. Hogback didn't say where he heard of his story (there is a chance he could've heard it in Wano, but Moriah robbed Ryuma's grave long before he met Hogback*), but he did know about Ryuma's legend, so it's something that probably resonated throughout the world.

(Chapter 450 above.)

* Chronology:
- 22 years ago: Moriah fights Kaido in Ringo and robs both Ryuma's corpse and Shusui.
- 12 years ago: Moriah meets Hogback and invites him to his crew.
- He could've heard it from Moriah though, who himself could've learned about Ryuma in Wano.

I did look back at the "Monsters" one-shot, and there it's hinted that Ryuma was famous worldwide. (See below.)

Last edited:
Well, what's acceptable for you? (Outside of Ryuma Legend being globally known or without Moriah being invovled)

1. What if one of these is Tashigi's ancestor?
2. What if one of those who left Wano had written a book about katana?
3. What if one of them have relayed information about swords of Wano?
4. What if one of the 10 who settled and created Shimotsuki Village in East Blue had written about katanas or maybe Ryuma Legend itself including Shusui?
Theory not indication

Hogback and Zoro both knew the legend of ryuma. Zoro knew it before anyone even told him about wano.
Ryuma killed multiple dragons
Can you show the panel?

First off, Ryuma lived centuries before the current times, so much of (or even all of) his story acquired legendary status already. Hogback didn't say where he heard of his story (there is a chance he could've heard it in Wano, but Moriah robbed Ryuma's grave long before he met Hogback*), but he did know about Ryuma's legend, so it's something that probably resonated throughout the world.

(Chapter 450 above.)

* Chronology:
- 22 years ago: Moriah fights Kaido in Ringo and robs both Ryuma's corpse and Shusui.
- 12 years ago: Moriah meets Hogback and invites him to his crew.
- He could've heard it from Moriah though, who himself could've learned about Ryuma in Wano.

I did look back at the "Monsters" one-shot, and there it's hinted that Ryuma was famous worldwide. (See below.)

Yup but Monsters One Shot World is very different from One Piece.

Oda is using the character and legend of it. There is no clue of Ryuuma being a King and Wano doesn't have Kings.

Last edited: