Chapter Discussion How to counter Sukuna "world" cut

I honestly feel like the "world" cut is very overpowered and asspull. How could any sorcerer could fight against that?

I could think of curse tool like Inverted spear of heaven, crazy speed, and domain expansion.

The cut is instant too btw.

An instantaneous existential slash that cleave space itself.

Gege will probably just have Sukuna forget he can do it or have him mess around with characters to have good fights and evolve himself (like we saw with Jogo, Yorozu, and Gojo)

Worst

Custom title
The cut is instant too btw.

An instantaneous existential slash that cleave space itself.

Gege will probably just have Sukuna forget he can do it or have him mess around with characters to have good fights and evolve himself (like we saw with Jogo, Yorozu, and 👖)
A lot easier than that :

" that technique is made specifically to tear through Gojo's infinity and is no different than a regular cleave / dismantle if used on other people "

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The problem is that in tthe full dialogue Sukuna says “the slashes don’t travel” which implies they’re instant like guaranteed hits in a domain
They're not guaranteed hits, its a Cleave (which can adapt to its Target) & using the way Mahoraga slashed Satoru after adapting to his Infinity.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
This is what I'm talking about:

Sukuna references his standard dismantle/cleave attacks as "travelling" while the world cut does not.

Also just logically a cut directly through space shouldn't "travel", it should be instantaneous.
It wasnt just about "travelling" in that phrase he is talking about how it chooses targets.

Sukuna's cleave/dismantle also travels but its target is Satoru & not the entire space itself like Mahoraga's 2nd adaptation.

That was what i understood.

It wasnt just about "travelling" in that phrase he is talking about how it chooses targets.

Sukuna's cleave/dismantle also travels but its target is Satoru & not the entire space itself like Mahoraga's 2nd adaptation.

That was what i understood.
My understanding was that Sukuna's ordinary cleave/dismantle usage involves:
1) selecting a target
2) sending a cut to that target
3) cutting the target

Whereas Mahoraga's world cut and Sukuna's version of it:
1) select the space the target occupies
2) cut the space

Which implies instantaneity. I feel like that also fits the best with Black Flash Amped Gojo not reacting to it.

Although I could be overthinking it and the new slash does travel like an ordinary cleave.

If it needs travel, I think Six eye suppose to see that and Gojo should be able to dodge.

My issue is the "world" target itself sounds extremely cheating and could bypass anything that existing in the world. There is no point for jujutsu to target other thing anymore

its not out of the realm of jjk
gojo himself has abilities which interferes with space
his blue creates a vacuum and the intended target gets sucked into the left over space

in order to defeat something as hax as infinity , sukuna has to go a tier above that
he completely sliced space itself , but only cause he followed mahoraga's steps

this attack is so hax that it will completely ignore durability or any other thing protecting his victim
since there is nothing beyond space

but i think this move should be very difficult for sukuna to pull off so that it isnt too OP

now imagine malevolent shrine with attack which cuts reality itself
that thing will be top 1 domain expansion
no wonder gege nerfed sukuna's ability to open a domain

They shouldn't be able to logically speaking

Gojo has the Six Eyes which is easily the greatest sensory ability in the verse and he couldn't see it coming

If he couldn't none of the students should be able to

It's also pretty much untankable

As said above, "reality" level dismantle is just "stronger" than regular dismantle when it comes to Gojo's limitless specific CT.

Otherwise, it wont change anything for any other sorcerers/cursed spirits, be it instantaneous or not.

Unless one has the 6th eye and a teleportation ability like Goj0, regular dismantle still is invisible and way too fast to be dodged anyway (at close-medium distance at least).

Now the "world target" stuff is a misconception imo. Sukuna didn't cut the world lol, just the absolute space (reality) Goj0 was in.

Let's say that Satoru's neutral limitless allows him to bind/curve spacetime by manipulating its relativistic proporties, Sukuna's "advanced" dismantle could just operates at a more fundamental level at which relativity doesn't apply anymore, allowing him to bypass/ignore limitless' curvatures.

In other words and to put it simply, let's imagine that space is like a sort of fabric/fishnet, while regular dismantle would foolow its curves, the advanced version would just pass through its mesh:

Gege can highlight Maki's hightened senses to dodge Sukuna's normal slashes, but not sure about dimensional slash.

I am going to read tomorrow's spoilers without any expectation, going in blank, just to see what Gege do with his characters now.

Try to do the same, leave the agendas behind, enjoy the upcoming fights. It will be pure entertainment.
Like Gege said, there is no logic in the battle of strongest.