Chapter Discussion How was Sanji able to block Admiral Kizaru's laser?

What do you think Sanji used?

• Total voters
Wait you think the boots are what’s stopping the laser? Fair enough but you really think Oda would have Franky and Kizaru would be shocked if it was just Vegapunk tech. Also I thought only the light gloves were confirmed to be able to touch light?
The fact they are shocked is telling. If it was just haki, at least Kizaru wouldn't have been that shocked. If he had blocked with any other body part then it wouldn't be because of the boots. However we have twice in a row where the laser gets scattered by the boots.

In addition, if we are to go by the eye switch theory, that means Sanji only got exoskeleton this chapter. Which means it was not the exoskeleton which blocked in the previous chapter.

Or it may very well be just "love" blocking laser

Power of Love is basically a new power that the narrator won’t tell us yet
I think it’s just the exoskeleton.

Oda dug a hole for himself with the RS and he’s still trying to dig his way out.

I don’t think he initially realised how badly it looked that Sanji needed to use the RS (Germa tech) to be a relevant fighter. It basically validated everything Judge did and was a horrible message.

So he’s tried to give him a similar powerup with the exoskeleton and he’s going to try and make the argument that Sanji can activate it without losing his emotions because of his mothers sacrifice, aka the power of love. And maybe that it activates when his emotions are strongest, which again he can only feel because of his mother.

But it’s still Judge’s tech.

What annoys me about all of it is that Oda did not need the exoskeleton at all. He could have just developed Hell Memories instead.

I think it’s just the exoskeleton.

Oda dug a hole for himself with the RS and he’s still trying to dig his way out.

I don’t think he initially realised how badly it looked that Sanji needed to use the RS (Germa tech) to be a relevant fighter. It basically validated everything Judge did and was a horrible message.

So he’s tried to give him a similar powerup with the exoskeleton and he’s going to try and make the argument that Sanji can activate it without losing his emotions because of his mothers sacrifice, aka the power of love. And maybe that it activates when his emotions are strongest, which again he can only feel because of his mother.

But it’s still Judge’s tech.

What annoys me about all of it is that Oda did not need the exoskeleton at all. He could have just developed Hell Memories instead.
You’re right about all that. And by new power I was thinking about the awakening of the exoskeleton that isn’t fully known yet.

The fact they are shocked is telling. If it was just haki, at least Kizaru wouldn't have been that shocked. If he had blocked with any other body part then it wouldn't be because of the boots. However we have twice in a row where the laser gets scattered by the boots.

In addition, if we are to go by the eye switch theory, that means Sanji only got exoskeleton this chapter. Which means it was not the exoskeleton which blocked in the previous chapter.

Or it may very well be just "love" blocking laser
Wait after he blocked last chapter we didn’t see his eyebrows did we? Anyways the eyebrow switch honestly further implies this was done by Sanjis abilities.

Wait after he blocked last chapter we didn’t see his eyebrows did we? Anyways the eyebrow switch honestly further implies this was done by Sanjis abilities.
Yeah, Oda conspicuously hid the eyebrows last chapter in the angles we saw Sanji.

The exoskeleton is the most likely bet.

There is an outside chance that it’s the boots. Purely because you would think that surely the light glove technology has to have some role against Kizaru.

But Sanji’s power of love speech and the eyebrows heavily imply the exoskeleton is the cause. Although I’m not sure it makes any sense for an exoskeleton to somehow block lasers tbh.

It’s Sanjis haki combined with the durability of the exoskeleton. His “power of love” he mentions is the ability to use both in tandem as love is what keeps him from losing himself and ending up like the siblings

Power of Love is basically a new power that the narrator won’t tell us yet
Since Sanji vs Seraphin Jinbe, which Sanji called his defense "power of love" it is obvious that he is enhancing his genes (scientific power) through his Sora power of his emotions with his burning heart.

That burning heart, power of love, the power to protect people with his empathy makes him strengthen his natural gene, and improve his exoskeleton power.

Sanji blocked Kizaru's laser through his super defense that he is building with the exoskeleton, basically that.

I don't think we did. But point is the laser still ended up piercing his torso.

If it is Sanji's ability then it is something which hasn't been shown yet. Last time he used "power of love" he no sold a punch to his face. Which means it is not limited to protecting his legs. So the question is why was Sanji able to block with the boot and still get pierced through his body?

Yeah, Oda conspicuously hid the eyebrows last chapter in the angles we saw Sanji.

The exoskeleton is the most likely bet.

There is an outside chance that it’s the boots. Purely because you would think that surely the light glove technology has to have some role against Kizaru.

But Sanji’s power of love speech and the eyebrows heavily imply the exoskeleton is the cause. Although I’m not sure it makes any sense for an exoskeleton to somehow block lasers tbh.
Isn't Sanji's abilities as designed by Judge to turn invisible, ie to play with light ? It's possible his exosqueleton allows him to do it, like the invisible girl in My Hero Academia, no ?