Speculations How will Oda resolve the remaining Zoro plotlines?

How many of you guys feel like Ushimaru is Zoro's dad? 🧐
I thought he can't be his dad tho due to Oda's words in the SBS. Oda definitely made it a point to emphasize the fact that they look similar in the SBS though, with him even addressing the fact that it was weird that Onimaru didn't recognize it in-story.

I think the most likely thing to happen is that Oda is gonna take advantage of the fact that the question only asked if Ushimaru was his dad, and not whether he was related to Zoro at all. It's possible he could be Zoro's grandfather, or uncle or something. Especially since Zoro's family name is Roronoa. It would be kinda lame if Oda pulled another Ace and was like "yeah he just took his mother's name"

Although to be fair based on the Kozaburo backstory it seems that he was hiding his identity from the public, so it's possible they did actually force Zoro to take the family name Roronoa so people wouldn't know he is a Shimotsuki

The recent chapter with Sanji vs. Queen and all of Sanji's plotlines being resolved pretty concisely has me thinking about several Zoro plotlines that still have yet to receive closure.

To start with the obvious:

1. Is there actually a Kaido/Zoro plotline that will play out?

I'm not saying I subscribe to the ZKK theory, but it's hard to deny that there are several connections between Zoro and Kaido that have yet to be concluded. First, Kaido famously exclaimed that "there will never be a samurai as great as Oden." As soon as I read that line, I immediately thought that we were gonna have to get a scene where Kaido recognizes Zoro as a samurai greater than Oden. However, as great as Zoro's rooftop feats were, he still fell short of getting those words out of Kaido.

Whether or not this has to be something explicitly acknowledged by Kaido is debatable, as most people logically feel that Zoro forging Enma into a black blade would signal that he surpassed Oden. I don't disagree with that. However, I feel like this would have the most impact if it happened during Wano and in the presence of Kaido. Kaido seems to be so obsessed with Oden to the point that even being in front of Enma spooked him. I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if Oda didn't have Kaido seeing the emergence of a swordsman even mightier than the one who haunted him for 20 years.

Furthermore, the dialogue between Zoro and Queen at the start of the raid presents an interesting case. As we all have experienced, Oda tends to not forget about predictions and exclamations that characters make. It's even more strange when you examine the nature of Zoro's statement that he "came here to cut down Kaido." Not WE came here to cut down Kaido. Not LUFFY came here to cut down Kaido, BUT "I" came here to cut down Kaido. I don't remember Zoro ever being so intense about wanting to defeat a main villain. Sure, he showed interest in Crocodile and Lucci and even Enel to an extent, but not to the point that he said he would be the one defeating them. Is there some hidden connection between Zoro and Kaido that has yet to be revealed? This leads directly into the second plotline:

2. What's up with Zoro's backstory?

After chapter 1033, we finally had Oda drop all the info from that one SBS question into the actual manga. However, the recent SBS that came out indicated that Oda plans to keep at least some parts of the Shimotsuki lore stuff away from the manga. Despite that, I still expect Oda to give us at least something more regarding Zoro's backstory/lineage because if I'm being honest it would feel pretty lame to leave Wano with the same info that was already explained in an SBS. My main question to you is: will Oda use Yamato as a plot device through which we will gain additional info on Zoro's backstory/lineage?

I have a lot more to say but this thread is already turning into an essay, so I'm just gonna ask for your thoughts and opinions and add onto them. How do you see Oda handling these elements? Is there a way for Zoro to face Kaido again, and will Zoro's lineage be made clear by the end of Wano? If so, does Yamato play a role in executing that?
I subscribe to the theory that Zoro will kill Kaido after Luffy punches Kaido's lights out and Kaido tries one final suicide move.

Using Yamato to explore Zoro's backstory would only work if Yamato truly knows the Samurais and the Shimotsukis, imo.

after zoro beats king probably with extreme diff, he will fight kaido in his dreams, cause zoro after this fight will be back at hospital bed , only dumbass will think zoro will still have energy to deal with other threats, what's more with kaido. LOL"

:josad:

I subscribe to the theory that Zoro will kill Kaido after Luffy punches Kaido's lights out and Kaido tries one final suicide move.

Using Yamato to explore Zoro's backstory would only work if Yamato truly knows the Samurais and the Shimotsukis, imo.

The only problem I have with Zoro killing Kaido like that is it just reminds me of what Tashigi did after Zoro beat Monet

And it just doesn't sit well with me to have Zoro acting like Tashigi LMAO

The only problem I have with Zoro killing Kaido like that is it just reminds me of what Tashigi did after Zoro beat Monet

And it just doesn't sit well with me to have Zoro acting like Tashigi LMAO
Won't be the first time for Zoro to do that. He pulled that once already with Morgan and Helmeppo.

Oda could make a similar scenario where Kaido takes Morgan's place and Big Mom takes Helmeppo's place (after Kidd and Law beat Linlin to within an inch of her life, of course). This way, Luffy technically gets the final hit on Linlin and fulfills the promise he made to take her down, and Zoro kills Kaido without overshadowing his captain (who already beat Kaido, anyways).

Last edited:
Momonosuke holding up Onigashima, and then Kaido seeing him in Adult human form will tick the box of there never being another monstrous samurai like Oden. It's only fitting that the son of the man Kaido views as a Monstrous samurai, becomes one in Kaido's eyes.

Zoro is pretty much confirmed not from Wano. He can't be a "Samurai".

Won't be the first time for Zoro to do that. He pulled that once already with Morgan and Helmeppo.

Oda could make a similar scenario where Kaido takes Morgan's place and Big Mom takes Helmeppo's place (after Kidd and Law beat Linlin to within an inch of her life of course). This way, Luffy technically gets the final hit on Linlin and fulfills the promise he made to take her down, and Zoro kills Kaido without overshadowing his captain (who already beat Kaido, anyways).
That's an interesting thought, I've actually never thought about that before
Post automatically merged:

Momonosuke holding up Onigashima, and then Kaido seeing him in Adult human form will tick the box of there never being another monstrous samurai like Oden. It's only fitting that the son of the man Kaido views as a Monstrous samurai, becomes one in Kaido's eyes.

Zoro is pretty much confirmed not from Wano. He can't be a "Samurai".
While I can see Momonosuke being the samurai Kaido is talking about, I wouldn't say Zoro is confirmed to not be from Wano just yet

Oda only said that Ushimaru is not Zoro's dad, nothing more. He even said in the original SBS about Kozaburo something along the lines of "Could that mean...zoro's lineage?" and then ended the question

Of course all of that could be bait and I would not be unhappy with Zoro just being a random dude with no crazy ancestry, but I'm just saying it's still very possible that he is from wano

Oda already has Momo setup to recreate Oden's feat of holding up the Scabbatds on a much grander scale. He also aged him, and as per Shinobu, he is the spitting image of Oden. He also happens to actually be from Wano, and can be considered a Samurai. You're out your noodle if you don't think Oda is going anywhere with this.

That's an interesting thought, I've actually never thought about that before

While I can see Momonosuke being the samurai Kaido is talking about, I wouldn't say Zoro is confirmed to not be from Wano just yet

Oda only said that Ushimaru is not Zoro's dad, nothing more. He even said in the original SBS about Kozaburo something along the lines of "Could that mean...zoro's lineage?" and then ended the question

Of course all of that could be bait and I would not be unhappy with Zoro just being a random dude with no crazy ancestry, but I'm just saying it's still very possible that he is from wano
I can see him having Lineage ties to Wano, in some capacity, but as far as actually being from there? I don't think so. He was surprised a Sword from Wano ended up in East Blue. That's not a reaction you'd see from someone who came from Wano.

Last edited:
#MomoSavesTheCapital
#MomoSlaysOrochi
:believe:

Oda already has Momo setup to recreate Oden's feat of holding up the Scabbatds on a much grander scale. He also aged him, and as per Shinobu, he is the spitting image of Oden. He also happens to actually be from Wano, and can be considered a Samurai. You're out your noodle if you don't think Oda is going anywhere with this.
:odenugh:

The only way I see ZKK happening is if it's the same situation as what Oden faced 20 years ago when he almost defeated Kaido but got hit because of the hostage thing. Like for example if Orochi takes someone hostage and comes to the rooftop thinking that he can again be on good terms with Kaido if he helps him in the fight but this time Zoro is there to stop this debauchery of Kaido. Except for this, I don't see it. Especially the awakening theory. Like that's the worst theory on ZKK so far and it's surprising how so many people believe it and see it happening when it's absolute bs lol.