Speculations How will Oda resolve the remaining Zoro plotlines?

I don't think there'll be a resolution to the Zoro and Kaido the Zoro fans are wanting it seemed pretty resolved when Zoro said Luffy is going to win.

Regarding his backstory. I think it'll be one of those things at the end of the arc where conversations reveal Zoro's lineage or Zoro himself may not even find out but Hyogoro might remember like one of the clan being pregnant etc.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The only way I see ZKK happening is if it's the same situation as what Oden faced 20 years ago when he almost defeated Kaido but got hit because of the hostage thing. Like for example if Orochi takes someone hostage and comes to the rooftop thinking that he can again be on good terms with Kaido if he helps him in the fight but this time Zoro is there to stop this debauchery of Kaido. Except for this, I don't see it. Especially the awakening theory. Like that's the worst theory on ZKK so far and it's surprising how so many people believe it and see it happening when it's absolute bs lol.
Oden was so potent Kaido had to rely on that dirty trick to confuse the man and by calculations Zoro has gotten even stronger than that. :cheers:

Regarding the Volume 101 SBS where Oda seems to indicate that he may not necessarily delve into Zoros connection to Ushimaru more, I thought his response was a little weird. He mentioned that there was originally going to be a scene where Onimaru noted Zoros resemblance to Ushimaru but he cut it because it would “make things complicated.” The strange thing is he subsequently had a chapter where Kawamatsu did basically that.

It would be really unsatisfying to have Kawamatsu specifically talk about the similarities Zoro has with Ushimaru and Ryuma and that’s not further delved into before this arc is over since logically this is the only arc where it should be relevant (nobody is going to bring up Ryuma when Zoro is fighting Shiryu for example). Seems to be wasted if it doesn’t lead to anything.

On the Kaido aspect, I feel pretty strongly that there is another encounter in store between Zoro and Kaido. Kaido is the only main arc villain that has such strong connections to Zoro. It would be weak writing imo for Zoro to inherit emma and have all this connection to Oden/Wano and end this arc just fighting the number 2 guy again.
That number 2 is stronger than Big Mom:zosmug:
Post automatically merged:

There is too much of Zoro in this arc for people to handle... :crazwhat:
There’s not enough:myman:

Last edited:
BB killing kaido will hype BB and people would go around screaming but at the same time it would be bad writing.

It will stole every limelight from the alliance and would shit on everything that happened so far. From narrative point of view it contradicts whatever happened so far - Oden desire/ Kaido attrocites/ Ryuma legacy and so on

So, zoro Killin kaido not only makes more sense but is also in line as per the plot and as you have said this is first time that Oda put heavy emphasis on Zoro cutting down Kaido
Exactly ,
why WB getting killed by BB worked so well !!
cuz there's is many builds up between those 2 character , even their epithet alone screams .
the whole marineford arc happed cuz of BB !!
while what wano arc did have with teach ?! nothing at all
even with the connection between oden and teach as crewmembers if oden is alive he would consider teach as the biggest enemy/villain on his list !!

so yeah onthing at all connect teach to kaidou or wano .

Momo doing it is a lot better than teach from story telling view .

It would be weak writing imo for Zoro to inherit emma and have all this connection to Oden/Wano and end this arc just fighting the number 2 guy again.

yep lol
what the point of this if its just for fight as usual ?!
even his fight with king right now is not serving this ryuma connection at all ?!

i wouldn't mind Zoro looking like Ushimaru and Ryuma just red herring.
You know, unrelated person looking like anothe person happen in real life.
ok but for what reason ?!
why ?!
delete everything about this similarity and it will not effect at all zoro getting enma .

so there's a reason . even if zoro is not related to shimotsuki at all .

The question is now will his head be cut down?
my prediction is zoro will cut his body in half and burn him at same time
so we will see kaiduo last moment burning with his upper half human form then turn to smoke like ryuma
:goyea:

Theres possibility that Kaido's ancestor have been killed by Ryuuma
:cheers:

it must be fate then !!

Last edited:
Exactly ,
why WB getting killed by BB worked so well !!
cuz there's is many builds up between those 2 character , even their epithet alone screams .
the whole marineford arc happed cuz of BB !!
while what wano arc did have with teach ?! nothing at all
even with the connection between oden and teach as crewmembers if oden is alive he would consider teach as the biggest enemy/villain on his list !!

so yeah onthing at all connect teach to kaidou or wano .

Momo doing it is a lot better than teach from story telling view .

yep lol
what the point of this if its just for fight as usual ?!
even his fight with king right now is not serving this ryuma connection at all ?!

why ?!
delete everything about this similarity and it will not effect at all zoro getting enma .

my prediction is zoro will cut his body in half and burn him at same time
so we will see kaiduo last moment burning with his upper half human form then turn to smoke like ryuma
:goyea:

:cheers:

it must be fate then !!
That kaido lore would hit different if Ryuuma is involved haha

why ?!

Maybe Oda just want to portray Zoro as the Ryuma of the current era since Zoro will likely be the modern sword god, like some kind of pseudo reincarnation. They believe in that stuff in Japan. Even the page where it is revealed that Zoro looks like Ushimmaru, the most important panel is about Zoro being a one-eyed samurai like Ryuma. Imo the link between Zoro and Ushimaru isn't that important, what matters Zoro and Ryuma.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
- Current Kaido is stronger than that Kaido.
- Even Luffy ain't stronger than Prime Oden currently, let alone Zoro.
I know the former, I did always type it in the past, but still this is exactly the point. Oden was already intimidating in the past and Zoro even arguably passed his power level on the rooftop. :cheers:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Oda's recent words seem to suggest that Ushimaru is likely not Zoro's father, maybe uncle or someone else. 🧐 though regardless I hope he is not a number now.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
2. What's up with Zoro's backstory?

After chapter 1033, we finally had Oda drop all the info from that one SBS question into the actual manga. However, the recent SBS that came out indicated that Oda plans to keep at least some parts of the Shimotsuki lore stuff away from the manga. Despite that, I still expect Oda to give us at least something more regarding Zoro's backstory/lineage because if I'm being honest it would feel pretty lame to leave Wano with the same info that was already explained in an SBS. My main question to you is: will Oda use Yamato as a plot device through which we will gain additional info on Zoro's backstory/lineage?

I have a lot more to say but this thread is already turning into an essay, so I'm just gonna ask for your thoughts and opinions and add onto them. How do you see Oda handling these elements? Is there a way for Zoro to face Kaido again, and will Zoro's lineage be made clear by the end of Wano? If so, does Yamato play a role in executing that?
No one cares tbh. I hope his parents are total no one. Not everyone needs a sad backstory with strong daddy.

1. Is there actually a Kaido/Zoro plotline that will play out?

I'm not saying I subscribe to the ZKK theory, but it's hard to deny that there are several connections between Zoro and Kaido that have yet to be concluded. First, Kaido famously exclaimed that "there will never be a samurai as great as Oden." As soon as I read that line, I immediately thought that we were gonna have to get a scene where Kaido recognizes Zoro as a samurai greater than Oden. However, as great as Zoro's rooftop feats were, he still fell short of getting those words out of Kaido.

Whether or not this has to be something explicitly acknowledged by Kaido is debatable, as most people logically feel that Zoro forging Enma into a black blade would signal that he surpassed Oden. I don't disagree with that. However, I feel like this would have the most impact if it happened during Wano and in the presence of Kaido. Kaido seems to be so obsessed with Oden to the point that even being in front of Enma spooked him. I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if Oda didn't have Kaido seeing the emergence of a swordsman even mightier than the one who haunted him for 20 years.

Furthermore, the dialogue between Zoro and Queen at the start of the raid presents an interesting case. As we all have experienced, Oda tends to not forget about predictions and exclamations that characters make. It's even more strange when you examine the nature of Zoro's statement that he "came here to cut down Kaido." Not WE came here to cut down Kaido. Not LUFFY came here to cut down Kaido, BUT "I" came here to cut down Kaido. I don't remember Zoro ever being so intense about wanting to defeat a main villain. Sure, he showed interest in Crocodile and Lucci and even Enel to an extent, but not to the point that he said he would be the one defeating them. Is there some hidden connection between Zoro and Kaido that has yet to be revealed? This leads directly into the second plotline:
ZKK will happen one way or another. Kaido himself said that simply beating him doesn't solve Wano's problem. He must die and Luffy won't be the one to do it.

-The Kaido and Zoro plotline: Already solved, Zoro gave Kaido a scar, like only Oden have, whats more to be done? Even Zoro stated that now is to Luffy to deal with Kaido.

-The Black Blade plotline: There's still time for Zoro to get one of the three swords black, and seems like the CoC is the key behind it, just hope he turn Wado black before Enma, because its a much more important sword for him, and wouldnt give any doubt about Magic Sword/Oden Haki for anti-zoro guys to talk about.

-The Nidai Kitetsu plotline: a small plot, but since Oda have introduced it, i belive that after the raid Zoro will get it. Pehaps after making a Three-Sword Style and nearly defeating King and cutting his cloths, King will show some Lunarian final move and will destroy Sandai as a way to hype it, them Zoro could finish King with a One-Sword Style CoC attack, and that could link with the Black Blade plot, because this attack could be the one that turn his sword Black, and them after the Arc end Hitetsu give Zoro Nidai.

-The Shimotsuki plotline: that one probably will be solved after the Raid when Zoro visit Ryuma grave, there someone like Hyo/Hitetsu/Onimaru could talk with him more about the Kozobaro, Ushimaru, Tonoyasu and Ryuma, but i wouldnt doubt if Oda dont show that much about Zoro parents, what i would like.

-The Kaido and Zoro plotline: Already solved, Zoro gave Kaido a scar, like only Oden have, whats more to be done? Even Zoro stated that now is to Luffy to deal with Kaido.

-The Black Blade plotline: There's still time for Zoro to get one of the three swords black, and seems like the CoC is the key behind it, just hope he turn Wado black before Enma, because its a much more important sword for him, and wouldnt give any doubt about Magic Sword/Oden Haki for anti-zoro guys to talk about.

-The Nidai Kitetsu plotline: a small plot, but since Oda have introduced it, i belive that after the raid Zoro will get it. Pehaps after making a Three-Sword Style and nearly defeating King and cutting his cloths, King will show some Lunarian final move and will destroy Sandai as a way to hype it, them Zoro could finish King with a One-Sword Style CoC attack, and that could link with the Black Blade plot, because this attack could be the one that turn his sword Black, and them after the Arc end Hitetsu give Zoro Nidai.

-The Shimotsuki plotline: that one probably will be solved after the Raid when Zoro visit Ryuma grave, there someone like Hyo/Hitetsu/Onimaru could talk with him more about the Kozobaro, Ushimaru, Tonoyasu and Ryuma, but i wouldnt doubt if Oda dont show that much about Zoro parents, what i would like.
Cope!