Character Discussion I am a Sanji fan‚ but really‚ will he be satisfied if he had one of his crew get killed one day for this ???

I agree sanji will never hit woman thing is such a sexist cringe shit from oda, but oda decided sanji will always be like that, it is what it is
You probably live in a first world country where its not common for women to be a subject of violence. Still today, most part of the world is not safe for a female. They have to face physical harassment and violence everyday. Sanji's chivalry is probably Oda's message to those male bullies how to behave with a lady.

Last edited:
Well, Oda can either have the females of the crew actually be useful in combat, and be worthy of riding on the Pirate Kings ship, or he can coddle them, and have the male members of the crew protect them.

This fandom is wild.

Fandom: "Oda needs to treat the females of the story better, and give them fights, and prove they can hang with the best of them."

Oda does that by setting up Robin vs Black Maria....

Fandom: "No, not like that, he needs to have Sanji beat the shit out of a woman."

:kaidowhat:

He would have finished kalifa‚ but rather he chose to put Nami's ( one of the weak trio ) life in danger
He didn't do that. His goal was the key and it seemed that he was waiting for a miracle there, that's all. It happened that he fell where Nami and she replaced him.

He could have made easy to mid work of black maria‚ but no he made Robin fend for him even though he knows this is a trap for them to get Robin to read the poneglyph.
Here the problem lies with author, not with the character.
Even if Sanji couldn't lay a finger on her and the rest of women, he could have fled from there (since there is no goal of staying there unlike with Califa) but author needed to stall him at all cost and set up the scenario for Robin and Brook's entrance there since they were going to be the ones to fight BM and so he conveniently "forgot" that Sanji could break walls since his first appearence in the manga and run away from there... He broke the webs around him like we saw in some panels but for some reason he didn't escape from there because reasons.

That's simple shit writing by Oda's part.

Well, Oda can either have the females of the crew actually be useful in combat, and be worthy of riding on the Pirate Kings ship, or he can coddle them, and have the male members of the crew protect them.

This fandom is wild.

Fandom: "Oda needs to treat the females of the story better, and give them fights, and prove they can hang with the best of them."

Oda does that by setting up Robin vs Black Maria....

Fandom: "No, not like that, he needs to have Sanji beat the shit out of a woman."

:kaidowhat:
Don't twist this thread into me saying female strawhats are not worthy fighters . This thread is about sanji selling his friend or endangering them for such a reason. I would say the same if it was Ussop whom he endangered

Don't twist this thread into me saying females are not worthy of fighting. This thread is about sanji selling his friend or endangering them. I would say the same if it was Ussop whom he endangered
Who did he endanger? Last I checked, nobody forced Robin to go and save him.

Do you not realize that Robin and Brook were heading to the roof? How is she in any more danger now, than she would have been, had she made it to the roof where two Yonko's are?

Its nothing wrong of having to ask someone for help when they themselves can't do it.. Same as Sanji situation where he can't fight a women, so he ask for help.. in this case he ask for Robin's help... Robin come to his rescue and beside, Robin seem happy thats Sanji trust her because she feel needed..

Who did he endanger? Last I checked, nobody forced Robin to go and save him.

Do you not realize that Robin and Brook were heading to the roof? How is she in any more danger now, than she would have been, had she made it to the roof where two Yonko's are?
If he knows every enemy on onigishima is looking for his poneglyph reading friend. He shouldn't have endangered her and made all of the island know her location for such a pathetic reason ( in a war )

And obv. She won't see Sanji suffering and just stand by watching after he asked for her help‚ even though that she should have stayed hidden
Post automatically merged:

Its nothing wrong of having to ask someone for help when they themselves can't do it.. Same as Sanji situation where he can't fight a women, so he ask for help.. in this case he ask for Robin's help... Robin come to his rescue and beside, Robin seem happy thats Sanji trust her because she feel needed..
She can be happy all she wants. When the yonko get hold of her cause of Sanji‚ she won't be the one paying the price to be saved. It is Luffy and his crew who will go through what could have been avoided to rescue her

Last edited:
If he knows every enemy on onigishima is looking for his poneglyph reading friend. He shouldn't have endangered her and made all of the island know her location for such a pathetic reason ( in a war )

And obv. She won't see Sanji suffering and just stand by watching after he asked for her help‚ even though that she should have stayed hidden
Robin wasn't hiding. She's been on the frontlines of this war the entire time, and nobody has been trying to capture her.

I didn't see anyone yammering about Robin's safety when she went solo to infiltrate Orochi's Castle. Why'd the Straw Hats let her do that knowing everyone wants her because of her ability to read the Poneglyphs?

She can be happy all she wants. When the yonko get hold of her cause of Sanji‚ she won't be the one paying the price to be saved. It is Luffy and his crew who will go through what could have been avoided to rescue her
Yes ofc she can happy all she wants.. the points is she don't really mind when Sanji ask for her help... beside, we don't know if she really will get caught (or when or how).. they still in the war, so Robin still in danger and have probability to get caught even if Sanji doesn't call for her help since the enemies try to find her... so its better for now to not blame Sanji.. at least we get Robin to have a fight..

Robin wasn't hiding. She's been on the frontlines of this war the entire time, and nobody has been trying to capture her.

I didn't see anyone yammering about Robin's safety when she went solo to infiltrate Orochi's Castle. Why'd the Straw Hats let her do that knowing everyone wants her because of her ability to read the Poneglyphs?
Its like he's not getting it, and at one point Robin was heading to the roof regardless of the Yonko wanting her. Im not sure what people want

She was NEVER hidden. You keep ignoring these points and continue to repeat the same thing over and over like you're purposely ignoring the truth.

If we're gonna be playing the blame game, then again, by right Robin getting captured would be Luffy's fault becaused he beefed with the Yonko to begin with lol

I assume if it was Sani there instead of Zoro while Tashigi and Monet are fighting‚ he will just let Tashigi get killed while watching right ?
No he would try to save her without hurting Monet. And if he couldnt do that then there would be nothing he could do even if he wanted to as he is fully incapable of hitting women. Its something he has no control over.

In that scenario if Tashigi got killed he would hate himself for being unable to do anything.

anji can handle it better ( supposedly ) rather than put Robin in danger ( not just fighting a fight he can finish easier‚ but letting all Onigishma who is looking for Robin know her location. So selfish
Robin wasnt hiding her location and the plan was never to keep her hidden either. Shes fighting in the front lines. He is confident she can handle herself. She has Brook to back her up. Robin didnt have to come, she chose to. She is even very happy he asked her for help. You're making a non issue and issue.

They are Nakama g. And when you have Nakama you do like what Sanji said in EL.

"Every man has something they can and cannot do."

"I'll whatever you cannot do, and you do what I cannot do."

He tried to escape before and failed. Which means Oda put him in a position where he needs to hit the women to escape effortlessly. He cannot hit women. Robin will do that for him while he heads to the scabbards.

Last edited:
Its like he's not getting it, and at one point Robin was heading to the roof regardless of the Yonko wanting her. Im not sure what people want

She was NEVER hidden. You keep ignoring these points and continue to repeat the same thing over and over like you're purposely ignoring the truth.

If we're gonna be playing the blame game, then again, by right Robin getting captured would be Luffy's fault becaused he beefed with the Yonko to begin with lol

No he would try to save her without hurting Monet. And if he couldnt do that then there would be nothing he could do even if he wanted to as he is fully incapable of hitting women. Its something he has no control over.

In that scenario if Tashigi got killed he would hate himself for being unable to do anything.

Robin wasnt hiding her location and the plan was never to keep her hidden either. Shes fighting in the front lines. He is confident she can handle herself. She has Brook to back her up. Robin didnt have to come, she chose to. She is even very happy he asked her for help. You're making a non issue and issue.

They are Nakama g. And when you have Nakama you do like what Sanji said in EL.

"Every man has something they can and cannot do."

"I'll whatever you cannot do, and you do what I cannot do."

He tried to escape before and failed. Which means Oda put him in a position where he needs to hit the women to escape effortlessly. He cannot hit women. Robin will do that for him while he heads to the scabbards.
You also don't get his point, nobody's saying that women are weak or Robin is weak; all that's being said is that Sanji could've fled the place as there is no incentive in staying there and since he already was able to do it once why not again ?
In the same scene, Sanji says that using his coa would ''hurt'' BM implying his COA is way stronger than hers...how does he know that ? And why go full mode against Big Mom and not Black Maria ?
You can argue that he can ''sense'' the difference in strength but then again he couldn't even sense Blacktooth and co...
There is also the argument that he didn't ''force'' Robin to save him...really ? So her Nakama is calling her for help but she won't lift a finger ?
In a very short laps of time there are already many contradictions in Sanji's character and that's what's confusing and quite bothering.
Orc Luffy is to blame for everything, the idiot who lost his crew then his brother in front of him but still acts as a 12year old reckless kid...

Ps: small exercise to put it in perspective :
Try to picture Robin in the situation Sanji was in and tell me that she is going to shout for help...Franky...Zoro...Luffy...even Sanji (before last chapter) lol

also don't get his point, nobody's saying that women are weak or Robin is weak; all that's being said is that Sanji could've fled the place as there is no incentive in staying there and since he already was able to do it once why not again ?
She used stronger webbing. Brook had to freeze the web to make it brittle in order to free Sanji.

In the same scene, Sanji says that using his coa would ''hurt'' BM implying his COA is way stronger than hers...how does he know that ? And why go full mode against Big Mom and not Black Maria ?
He knows for a fact that Big Mom is highly durable. He doesnt know any bout Black Maria. He's not sure if putting up CoA would hurt her, so it isnt coming up. Haki is willpower

Try to picture Robin in the situation Sanji was in and tell me that she is going to shout for help...Franky...Zoro...Luffy...even Sanji (before last chapter) lol
Sanji has to get to the scabbards, so he called Robin to handle the problem he was in. That was the situation.

And yes she would. She already did that before in EL lol. She wouldnt sit there and take blows until she dies. The crew dynamic is that they trust in each other's strength. And Sanji doesnt believe Robin would lose to her, that was established before Oda switched to the roof

Everyone that called Sanji pathetic, weak and foolish in that chapter doesnt understand the type of bonds the crew have. Jimbe will come to learn soon enough, he's new.

Some Sanji fans just want him to be a Zoro 2.0 ahahahah

Whats the problem in he calling Robin for help? I think its cool to see that the crew trust in her to fight too, in this journey to the top there's no more room for characters to just hide and be protected, everyone of the SH has to be strong.

Seems like some people want Robin to hide in the sunny and wait for the battle to end😐😐😐

She used stronger webbing. Brook had to freeze the web to make it brittle in order to free Sanji.

He knows for a fact that Big Mom is highly durable. He doesnt know any bout Black Maria. He's not sure if putting up CoA would hurt her, so it isnt coming up. Haki is willpower

Sanji has to get to the scabbards, so he called Robin to handle the problem he was in. That was the situation.

And yes she would. She already did that before in EL lol. She wouldnt sit there and take blows until she dies. The crew dynamic is that they trust in each other's strength. And Sanji doesnt believe Robin would lose to her, that was established before Oda switched to the roof

Everyone that called Sanji pathetic, weak and foolish in that chapter doesnt understand the type of bonds the crew have. Jimbe will come to learn soon enough, he's new.
Oh so at first she made paper webs but then she made Steel ones because we have to find an explanation to this nonsense ? Ok.

Are you really bringing EL as an example that Robin would shout ''Save me'' to her crewmates? Do you remember how W7 and EL went ?

As a reminder, Sanji just had a full arc where he went to Big Mom territory by himself without asking for any help and even went crazy on Luffy to make him leave the island...not believing they can handle Big mom.
Sanji went from''I will deal with this by myself'' to ''Save me Robin chan'' and please don't tell me this is character development lol
But let's forget about it and instead blame the people who ask questions and accusing them of not underatanding ''the bond'' of the crew as if it was some kind of highly intellectual, read between the lines thing...come on man

Another one of those ''I am a Sanji fan'' in disguise just to shit on Sanji in a thread lmao

What exactly is the problem? Nami decided herself she wanted to fight her. And Robin was HAPPY that Sanji called her.
You want to blame somebody for some ''what if'' reasons? It's a manga, nobody will die.
You must really hate Luffy then, since he ALWAYS endanger the whole crew and they would be dead many times if not for plot armor.

Stupid thread.

Last edited:
Another one of those ''I am a Sanji fan'' in disguise just to shit on Sanji in a thread lmao

What exactly is the problem? Nami decided herself she wanted to fight her. And Robin was HAPPY that Sanji called her.
You want to blame somebody for some ''what if'' reasons? It's a manga, nobody will die.
You must really hate Luffy then, since he ALWAYS andanger the whole crew and they would be dead many times if not for plot armor.

Stupid thread.
Luffy put his life on line for each of them before they even agreed to join his crew.

Luffy put his life on line for each of them before they even agreed to join his crew.
Every SH put their lifes on the line for their friends. How is that erasing everything he did once they joined? You make no sense.
Luffy put his crew and friends so many times in danger and they would be dead if not for plot armor. You are literaly trying to defend him right now, but shit on Sanji because Nami decided herself she wanted to fight kalifa and Robin was happy that Sanji asked her for help. This is why you have your crew and friends, to help you out.

This thread has no point, except shitting on Sanji for no reason.