Chapter Discussion I don’t understand the hate 1079

Most folk were in one of two categories.
I) Folk who genuinely believed Kidd would defeat Shanks.
II) Folk who thought Kidd would put up a decent fight before being defeated.

In comparison, there were not that many people who thought Kidd would get utterly obliterated the way that he did.
The funny thing is it was Kidd's brutality that caused him to be one shot. If Kidd wasn't trying to kill all of Shanks allies, Shanks would have toyed around with him a bit before beating him.

Since Kidd was going all out and about to kill a lot of Shanks allies, Shanks was forced to use a strong move to put a stop to him.

In the first place Kidd and Law beating Linlin was extremely contrived and their current bounties don't really reflect their perceived PLs.
At some point Linlin who we'd all agree is the least competent Yonko and maybe even top tier had the two beaten half to death with their crews begging for their lives (whilst having a CoC nerf imposed on her btw) until she decided to careless leave them and fly for the roof giving Law and opening to hit her with his hax. Even her defeat was very situational and Oda even added external measures (i.e. bombs) to help put her down. This is the first time Kidd has faced a competent Yonko/Top Tier 1 v 1 and that was the result.

I get the disappointment given the hype he had built up on Wano but even that hype was smoke and mirrors. We all just overestimated Kidd.

Best chapter in a long time. Entertainment value unmatched, I have zero issues with how Shanks was characterised, nor do I care that Shanks one shot Kid.

All I have to complain about it
1) Kid won’t actually die when he should
2) Killer was shafted even harder and should have been beaten by Beckman.

I don't like Kidd and actively enjoyed trolling his fans a little, but pretending this is okay is ridiculous lmao

This is the utter disrespect to Kidd's character and whatever hinted role in the story to highest degree lol. No one- and no one's fanbase has ever been humiliated into the shit to this extent.

You wanna see the difference in treatment? Law, who has always been in same boat as Kidd in terms of narrative and portrayal. probably got butt fucked by BB off-screen as well, but unlike Kidd, he at least appeared badass in fight against BB for a good while on-panel.

Kidd? He walks up to a bunch of weak as fuck fodder Captains, thinks of them as "Super strong," before proceeding to get neg diff'd one-shot by Shanks himself.
Shanks one shotting Kidd isn't far fetched at all. All top tier swordsmen would be able to do the same. EOS Zoro with Asura and ACOC would one shot him. Mihawk would one shot him if he used a named attack.

Swordsmen are able to end fights quickly if they land clean hits.

Kidd's haki is complete dog shit and this is the end result where haki has become everything.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
random comment that has nothing to do with anything I posted.

And they got up almost immediately, Linlin was struggling to put them down and individually could not one shot Kidd like Shanks did.
Why does your avatar keep slightly updating every day? Is Shilliew going from invisible to visible behind Barney, or am I tripping?

Although we rooting for Kid and genuinely hopes for him to put some resistance against him before eventually getting beaten.

The only option he'll get one shotted is if he got direct hit from serious Shanks, so what we waiting is how that scenario would happen!! Is he getting blitz?? Sneak attack?? Is he getting one shotted completely even when he was on-guard and tries to retaliate?? If those options doesn't happen then we believe there will some few panel of clashing

As the chapter drops, GOda with his cheap writing done it again and far surpass our speculation, nobody would predict the scenario like that would happen, such an anticlimatic force writing tbh..........a situation where Kid charge his attack against fodder and completely unaware Red hair himself will jump infront of him........
Is Shanks sucker punch him?? is Kid just that weak?? Idk......the problem is how the fight went down was so cheap lol.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
1079 was a great fuck around and find out chapter imo. First one in a long time where Shanks actually looked more badass than corny.

Still crazy Kidd got 0.5 shotted and Killer got off panelled ON panel, with one swing. That's going a tad too far, but hey, we atleast got a peak jaw dropping moment from it.

It is called powercreep.
‘Shanks make big mom and kaido look weak and joke. It was to make shanks strong . Period.
‘Heck greenbull handle way better than kaido scabbards without spilling the blood . Scabbards can hurt kaido but they could not hurt greenbull and looking where is weakness depsite greenbull told them he is logia fruit user and lecture them. Same guy neg diff king and queen. Meanwhile big mom got meme by them .

Shanks one shot Kidd point blank. Kaido can’t one shot wounded law . Kidd is more endurance monster than law.
Excuses to try to deny powercreep exist. Muh plot excuses for big mom say a lot .
‘Freaking most Star Wars fans doesn’t even make excuses for kylo ren losing to random girl on movies .
Heck kylo ren is less clowned than big mom . If big mom is Star Wars character with exact oda portrayal, Star Wars fans would literally hate her rival to jar jar hate and mock her .

But we should cut slack on one piece fanbase. People are biased . People couldn’t believe non-black man can run 100 meter under 10 second before, they said white athlete must has black gene somewhere as cope.

In short : peopke can’t handle being wrong and can’t accept reality of powercreep in one piece.
‘It is shouen powerscaling logic.

Last edited:
It is called powercreep.
‘Shanks make big mom and kaido look weak and joke. It was to make shanks strong . Period.
‘Heck greenbull handle way better than kaido scabbards without spilling the blood . Scabbards can hurt kaido but they could not hurt greenbull and looking where is weakness depsite greenbull told them he is logia fruit user and lecture them. Same guy neg diff king and queen. Meanwhile big mom got meme by them .

Shanks one shot Kidd point blank. Kaido can’t one shot wounded law . Kidd is more endurance monster than law.
Excuses to try to deny powercreep exist. Muh plot excuses for big mom say a lot .
‘Freaking most Star Wars fans doesn’t even make excuses for kylo fen losing to random girl on movies .
Heck kylo fen is less clowned than big mom . If big mom is Star Wars character with exact oda portrayal, Star Wars fans would literally hate her rival to jar jar hate and mock her .

But we should cut slack on one piece fanbase. People are biased . People couldn’t believe non-black man can run 100 meter under 10 second before, they said white athlete must has black gene somewhere as cope.

In short : peopke can’t handle being wrong and can’t accept reality of powercreep in one piece.
‘It is shouen powerscaling logic.
It's not that Big Mom and Kaidou couldn't do what Shanks did it's just that they were too arrogant to do so. Even up to her defeat (which is circumstantial as hell) Big Mom didn't treat them as equals.

Yeah...i thought Kidd would put up a decent fight and if not decent at least a fight, i mean he took some direct hits from BM while he was defenseless

The fact that he was gonna lose, was a given but being annihilated like that ? It's definetly a surprise considering what we saw from him....

Those attacks of Big Mom aren't her strongest for sure. I scale he elemental attacks to Gear 3 Thor.

Or the idiots who were celebrating him being Ryuma's descendant.

God I fucking hated that shit
There's nothing wrong with Zoro being Ryuma's descendant. If anything I hate that Oda didn't do anything interesting with Zoro's connection to the Shimotsukis in Wano. Lots of missed potential there that goes far beyond the simple blood lineage of Ryuma.