General & Others I feel like its at least worth considering the Katakuri x Whitebeard narrative

Marshall D Teach and Edward Newgate both coming from Edward Thatch, real life Blackbeard
Blackbeard and Whitebeard epithets being mirror images
Blackbeard was Whitebeard’s son
Blackbeard killed Whitebeard
Blackbeard has Whitebeard’s DF
Blackbeard took Whitebeard’s place as a Yonko
Blackbeard arranges his crew in the same way as Whitebeard did
Blackbeard has been Luffy’s rival since long before Kid, Law or Katakuri were even thought of

If you suggest anyone other Blackbeard is Luffy’s equivalent to a Whitebeard figure, then you cannot read.
Blackbeard is shanks's whitebeard not luffys
Once luffy wins and finds the one piece both shanks and teach are probably taken out in some way

100% fanfiction but if katakuri has to take up big mom's role in protecting tottoland and his family maybe he'll develop more of big mom's "genes" somehow. Kinda like momonosuke and oden tho kata does being way older does make it a bit weird

We know linlin crazy durability has something to do with her mindset somehow. It maybe having ties to haki

When katakuri finally starts to take up linlins role at least in tottoland and decides he doesn't need to cover his face anymore maybe it'll give him some weird mental physical power up

Will it happen? Probably not tho it is kinda weird that linlin didn't give birth to a similar freak of nature like herself imo

Kata was a sudden introduction Who in the end was nothing more than a tool to give luffy a power up.

Power wise he’s a joke after odas initial look how hype this is, he was immediately treated like trash after luffy beat him. After all there’s a reason his bounty is barely above jacks.

Luffy has no whitebeard because he’s not just some second coming of roger. He’s the joyboy

100% fanfiction but if katakuri has to take up big mom's role in protecting tottoland and his family maybe he'll develop more of big mom's "genes" somehow. Kinda like momonosuke and oden tho kata does being way older does make it a bit weird

We know linlin crazy durability has something to do with her mindset somehow. It maybe having ties to haki

When katakuri finally starts to take up linlins role at least in tottoland and decides he doesn't need to cover his face anymore maybe it'll give him some weird mental physical power up

Will it happen? Probably not tho it is kinda weird that linlin didn't give birth to a similar freak of nature like herself imo
Oven got BM toughness : he's very tanky and strong physically
Katakuri got his potential genes : CoC
Post automatically merged:

what did oda mean by this ?!

:steef:

The amount of similarities kaido and katakuri share
Even how Oda wrote their fight against Luffy

:kata:There's a reason why both of them had invincible records and hype

The invincible evasive fighter --> Katakuri
The invincible tanky fighter --> Kaido
FS + CoC + snakeman level speed + great CoA :cheers:

Kat definitely has potential. There are similarities in terms of being conquerors that only care to protect their family, has a yonko caliber force behind him and fully supportive of him. Gained a mutual respect for the future pirate king in a battle where the fight could have gone either way at the end. He’s very good with haki and has the potential for adcoc which could very easily make him top tier. I was one that was looking at Kid’s potential but his crew and lack of haki focus always made me skeptical. I wouldn’t be mad at it if Oda draws a parallel here, what’s funny is I used to hate the idea of this.