General & Others I feel sorry for those who don’t understand One Piece, especially One Piece fans

a month ago i saw some who doesn't care about one piece themes and said a word shocked me "slavery is bad". and he doesn't care because it is bad and we know this ,

the truth is slavery in Sabaody was just an entrance , slavery is established in the core of every arc in one piece , a slave isn't just the one who has a collar around is neck , a slave is a person who doesn't have a free will ,

the best examples are doflamingo and corazon , they were always slaves , doflamingo was teached by the celestial dragons that he is a god , by his new family , he never chose his way of living , he just liked the way that other people wrote for him , until his defeat , he was never free , and he is trying to fill the whole in his heart by manipulating other people ,

corazon was a slave , he never had a free will , when he was a kid he was following doffy , doffy lead him to eat the trash and give him orders , after the marines took him , he became a spy for them , and still never chose his own way of life untill he met law

, it was the first time to do thing that he chose to do without any guidance , the fact is when he said to law you are free , it was like he was saying this to himself , he is the one who is free at this moment , law was filled was hatred and lived most of his life to have revenge , he wasn't free

, and bellamy is a great example too ,

dressrosa was great at presenting slavery and freedom themes , whitebeard wasn't totally free , his pride that made him lose his life and ended his family doesn't make him free,

when we go deep into this we will know that luffy is the only free man in one piece , but this will need another post , the point is that people are ignoring great writing there are many hidden gems in one piece , it is sad that there are die hard fans ignoring it.

I agree with everything you say. You might interested with this thread : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/freedom-in-one-piece.6357/#post-1588465
But sadly, in this forum 90% users are only interested in whose muscle is bigger than the other and nothing else.
The other 10% are one piece haters or people aren’t trying to understand the nuance
Post automatically merged:

I agree with everything you say. You might interested with this thread : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/freedom-in-one-piece.6357/#post-1588465
But sadly, in this forum 90% users are only interested in whose muscle is bigger than the other and nothing else.
I will post this thread again with better title

a month ago i saw some who doesn't care about one piece themes and said a word shocked me "slavery is bad". and he doesn't care because it is bad and we know this ,

the truth is slavery in Sabaody was just an entrance , slavery is established in the core of every arc in one piece , a slave isn't just the one who has a collar around is neck , a slave is a person who doesn't have a free will ,

the best examples are doflamingo and corazon , they were always slaves , doflamingo was teached by the celestial dragons that he is a god , by his new family , he never chose his way of living , he just liked the way that other people wrote for him , until his defeat , he was never free , and he is trying to fill the whole in his heart by manipulating other people ,

corazon was a slave , he never had a free will , when he was a kid he was following doffy , doffy lead him to eat the trash and give him orders , after the marines took him , he became a spy for them , and still never chose his own way of life untill he met law

, it was the first time to do thing that he chose to do without any guidance , the fact is when he said to law you are free , it was like he was saying this to himself , he is the one who is free at this moment , law was filled was hatred and lived most of his life to have revenge , he wasn't free

dressrosa was great at presenting slavery and freedom themes , whitebeard wasn't totally free , his pride that made him lose his life and ended his family doesn't make him free,

when we go deep into this we will know that luffy is the only free man in one piece , but this will need another post , the point is that people are ignoring great writing there are many hidden gems in one piece , it is sad that there are die hard fans ignoring it.
So what is your point. Should everyone see the story at your point?
You talked about Corazon being a slave but this is not a theme this is how you interperated it. This is not a theme.

You talked about Corazon being a slave but this is not a theme this is how you interperated it. This is not a theme.
This is a theme of course , when the same thing happens to different characters, but they have different interactions, then it is a theme , you just didn’t get it . As i said , a slave doesn’t necessarily have a collar around his neck , did you read the post?

No , everyone should try to understand the depth and the meaning of freedom theme , if they are thinking that it is only about a guy who wants to be free by not obeying the rules, then they aren’t watching one piece at all

This is a theme of course , when the same thing happens to different characters, but they have different interactions, then it is a theme , you just didn’t get it . As i said , a slave doesn’t necessarily have a collar around his neck , did you read the post?
No. Dressrosa's theme is about Love. Not about slavery. A theme is a central message in the narrative. Yes i read your post and i disagree with you. This whole slave thing with Doffy and Corazon didnt exactly spelled out for us its just how you see it.
No , everyone should try to understand the depth and the meaning of freedom theme , if they are thinking that it is only about a guy who wants to be free by not obeying the rules, then they aren’t watching one piece at all
No your title suggest you feel sorry for One Piece fans who dont see as you are. I disagree with you on the top comment and i think we will disagree a lot more if we talk more. Do i feel sorry for you because you dont see the story as i am.

How exactly was Corazon a slave? Was there anything stopping him from not working for the Marines? Cause it looked like he helped the Marines because he wanted to.

Whitebeard simply wanted to save Ace. That had nothing to do with pride and everything to do with wanting to save his adopted son. That was an act of love, not an act of pride.

Luffy would also do the same for any crew member that was taken away from him. In fact he already did the exact same thing as Whitebeard on a smaller scale to save Robin.

If whatever made Whitebeard want to save Ace makes him a supposed metaphorical slave then Luffy is also a slave for the exact same reason.

Yeah, One Piece has an obvious freedom theme but I think you are looking for that theme in places where it is not present.

No. Dressrosa's theme is about Love. Not about slavery. A theme is a central message in the narrative. Yes i read your post and i disagree with you. This whole slave thing with Doffy and Corazon didnt exactly spelled out for us its just how you see it.
Did you happen to miss all of the people that were turned into toys, unable to resist physical labor, couldn't protest and became....slaves?

No. Dressrosa's theme is about Love. Not about slavery. A theme is a central message in the narrative.
Dude , one piece has many themes and many layers , so as dressrosa, love was the main theme , slavery and freedom was one of the subtle themes , Doflamingo character has have many themes and layers built into it , love is not one of them

No your title suggest you feel sorry for One Piece fans who dont see as you are. I disagree with you on the top comment and i think we will disagree a lot more if we talk more. Do i feel sorry for you because you dont see the story as i am.
I feel sorry for those who don’t understand one piece for what it is , because they are missing a lot

Did you happen to miss all of the people that were turned into toys, unable to resist physical labor, couldn't protest and became....slaves?
The thing that it uses slavery elements every arc uses that like we have Udon this arc does this mean Wanos theme is slavery.
Using a slavery element doesnt mean the arcs theme is slavery.
Dressrosa's theme is about Love. Like how Kyros's Love for his daughter even if she doesnt remember him or Law's Love for Corazon and how he becomes the heart for Law.

The thing that it uses slavery elements every arc uses that like we have Udon this arc does this mean Wanos theme is slavery.
Yes.

I mean, Luffy was literally in a labor camp.

Using a slavery element doesnt mean the arcs theme is slavery.
Seems rather contradictory, no?

Dressrosa's theme is about Love. Like how Kyros's Love for his daughter even if she doesnt remember him or Law's Love for Corazon and how he becomes the heart for Law.
Something can have multiple themes. DR is an example of that.

Dude , one piece has many themes and many layers , so as dressrosa, love was the main theme , slavery and freedom was one of the subtle themes , Doflamingo character has have many themes and layers built into it , love is not one of them
Yes because he stands against it. Thats why Dressrosa is so good we see Law and Doflamingo. A Man who saved by Love and the other side Doffy who killed his own father.

I feel sorry for those who don’t understand one piece for what it is , because they are missing a lot
They aint missing anything. Just because you see something different you dont have to pity people.
Its your attitude is the problem and you didnt even get the theme of the arc.

How exactly was Corazon a slave? Was there anything stopping him from not working for the Marines? Cause it looked like he helped the Marines because he wanted to.

Whitebeard simply wanted to save Ace. That had nothing to do with pride and everything to do with wanting to save his adopted son. That was an act of love, not an act of pride.

Luffy would also do the same for any crew member that was taken away from him. In fact he already did the exact same thing as Whitebeard on a smaller scale to save Robin.

If whatever made Whitebeard want to save Ace makes him a supposed metaphorical slave then Luffy is also a slave for the exact same reason.

Yeah, One Piece has an obvious freedom theme but I think you are looking for that theme in places where it is not present.
You are simply wrong, luffy is not like whitebeard , why whitebeard didn’t ask for help from shanks ? Because whitebeard doesn’t ask anybody , he gives orders , he didn’t go after ace for the same reason , because he is whitebeard and he can’t make a big deal of a nameless pirate like blackbeard,iam not talking about the basic definition of slave , it is more of a philosophical definition, corazon liked this way of living , but he didn’t choose it , he was taught as a kid that this is the right thing to do , so he grew to love it

you didnt even get the theme of the arc.
Dude love is the main theme , if course i get it because it is in the arc , iam talking about subtle themes , which not everyone can get

Bruh , I forgot to mention, when luffy used broly as a hostage to run from katakuri, and newgate ending narration, they are completely different characters, the only similarity is that both of them value the family

Last edited:
Yes.

I mean, Luffy was literally in a labor camp.

Seems rather contradictory, no?

Something can have multiple themes. DR is an example of that.
No. Theme is the message writer is trying to send throught the story. Just because you showed Slavery doesnt mean its your theme. Sabaodys theme is about slavery we see how bad people live because of that.

But after Luffy gets in the prison he starts beating the guards.

Also a story can use multiple elements but it usually has one or two themes NOT MUCH. And i am saying that main theme is about Love.

Dude love is the main theme , if course i get it because it is in the arc , iam talking about subtle themes , which not everyone can get
So you feel sorry for people because they dont see the Slavery theme for the 50th time.

No. Theme is the message writer is trying to send throught the story. Just because you showed Slavery doesnt mean its your theme. Sabaodys theme is about slavery we see how bad people live because of that.

Also a story can use multiple elements but it usually has one or two themes NOT MUCH. And i am saying that main theme is about Love.
But dressrosa and luffy’s flashback added much to the slavery theme and concept, they showed us how the nobles are taught to feel like gods , how they are taught to look down to the common people , and iam saying it again , you are talking about main themes of the arc , but arcs can have multiple themes and subtle themes

No. Theme is the message writer is trying to send throught the story. Just because you showed Slavery doesnt mean its your theme.
It is in Wano's case.
Sabaodys theme is about slavery we see how bad people live because of that.
That also occurs in Wano.

Yes, because Luffy is striving for freedom. Before Luffy, how many people were actively attacking and disobeying the guards?

What is this gatekeeping based off? I can easily list three themes for OP:

Friendship

Freedom

Faith

A story can have as many themes as the writer wants. There isn't a set amount.

It is in Wano's case.

That also occurs in Wano.

Yes, because Luffy is striving for freedom. Before Luffy, how many people were actively attacking and disobeying the guards?
Just because Oda shows us slavery doesnt mean its Wano's theme and also Oda wanted to show us Samurai in prison's spirits are broken. And Luffy came and became their saviour.
I dont see about message about Slavery. Oda didnt wanted to focus on it i guess.

What is this gatekeeping based off? I can easily list three themes for OP:

Friendship

Freedom

Faith
Gatekeeping? This is not gatekeeping you are saying Oda is trying to say 20 different messages in one arc like the stuff you guys talked at the beginning is how you interperated it not a theme about the arc.
I know the themes you mention Oda uses them a lot but using an element doesnt mean its a theme thats what you dont understand.

A story can have as many themes as the writer wants. There isn't a set amount.
Yes there is not a limit but i dont say everything is a theme.
But dressrosa and luffy’s flashback added much to the slavery theme and concept, they showed us how the nobles are taught to feel like gods , how they are taught to look down to the common people , and iam saying it again , you are talking about main themes of the arc , but arcs can have multiple themes and subtle themes
Slavery is a theme in One Piece but using an element doesnt mean its a theme thats what you two doesnt understand. Arcs can have multiple themes but just because someone throw some other person in jail doesnt mean its a theme.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd

The whole world is a slave and Im sama is the ruler.

You are simply wrong, luffy is not like whitebeard , why whitebeard didn’t ask for help from shanks ? Because whitebeard doesn’t ask anybody , he gives orders , he didn’t go after ace for the same reason , because he is whitebeard and he can’t make a big deal of a nameless pirate like blackbeard,
In order:

I) Shanks was never a friend to Whitebeard, he was a rival as well as an on/off enemy. I cannot recall these two ever being shown to be on truly friendly or trusting terms.

II) Whitebeard gave all of his crew and allies the option to leave his side. He did not order, he did not demand, he gave a choice. He is not an individual that makes demands.

III) He did not go after Ace because it was Ace's own choice to pursue Blackbeard. He even asked Ace not to go after Blackbeard because he had a bad feeling about the circumstances.
An individual that is prideful to a fault would have demanded that Ace stayed on the ship, would have demanded the continued presence of his allies, would have bisected Squard for his betrayal and would have claimed the title of Pirate King for themselves.

Whitebeard was never an exceedingly prideful individual.
,iam not talking about the basic definition of slave , it is more of a philosophical definition, corazon liked this way of living , but he didn’t choose it , he was taught as a kid that this is the right thing to do , so he grew to love it
By that logic, Luffy is a metaphorical slave since his life goal and outlook on life is because of Shanks' presence in his childhood.
Bruh , I forgot to mention, when luffy used broly as a hostage to run from katakuri, and newgate ending narration, they are completely different characters, the only similarity is that both of them value the family
Yes, valuing family, which is the reason Whitebeard went to save Ace and the reason why Luffy went to save Robin and later Ace.

If valuing family makes Whitebeard a slave then it also makes Luffy a slave.

Last edited: