General & Others I hate One piece YouTubers for this shit

Good then that I was not talking in general, but I was talking about Wano.
We were derailed about media in general :

The lengh of a media is a not a sign of weakness or strenght
That's why I talked about One Piece as a story.

To some extent, yes, but I find Wano too long and boring nevertheless.
Your taste are valid.

End of story for me, because, like I said, I don't need to justify or explain myself about what I don't like.
As you want.

And you hate thinking before writing?
Lol

I don't know if this is more insulting or retarded
This was a joke lol

Because I don't have to give you anything lol.
AS you want. Its you who proposed and talked about 90% of Wano being bad:

- 90% of Wano are the same ideas that we have already seen in other arcs;
It was not your taste, it was a statement. Also an untrue one as no, there is not such a reutilization of idea in wano.

Mirror climbing champion here.
But again: if you like it, who am I to say that you shouldn't?
You don't have too as long as you don't assert truth like that one:

They are painfully right unfortunately, but as I said there are fifty threads about that.
Because no, it's objectively wrong

His reasoning was that if a story is well constructed, than it is automatically good, which isn't.
Technically it is. Its just not "to the taste" of certain people. But technically, a well crafted story is a good story, both on the paper and in the stats.

Even a basic understanding of Oda's story telling and habits would let one know that Carrot wasn't going to be a SH
I won't go back to the debate as it is not the place. But that's the opposite. A good understanding of storytelling permits us to see that there is something strange with Carrot.

ver character meant to be a SH has massive thematic importance and presence in their arc. Carrot never got that.
@UncleVan - I'll move this discussion to the Nakama thread if you don't mind.

Yes, but I was talking about Wano in particular, but ok.

Your taste are valid.
As yours, obviously

This was a joke lol
Glad this was a misunderstanding on my part. I did not think you were serius, but better be sure.

It was not your taste, it was a statement. Also an untrue one as no, there is not such a reutilization of idea in wano.
Technically, I have already done that. Not all of them of course, but the ones I find more unnerving.

No, it is not, but as I said there are as much as thread as you want about that specific question so it is useless (ad of topic) debating it there.

Like I said, I think you could understand how not liking the Nika Nika could have a tremendous impact on the overall Wano evaluation.

Technically it is. Its just not "to the taste" of certain people. But technically, a well crafted story is a good story, both on the paper and in the stats.
But again, a technically well constructed story could be "perceived" as bad or, as you said, "not to the taste".
So we are on the same page with that one, and I would say the overall argument.

Last edited:
And it's fine, but like I said before it is completely irrelevant in this case, at least for me. I was referring to the fact that I didn't like how the story played out.

A house could be engineeringly perfect, but I could find it visually horrible or impractical, and so I wouldn't want to live there. I wouldn't even enter the engineering part, because I don't have the competence or even the interest.

I hope this will clarify what I am talking about.
I get it, but an opinion without reasoning other than personal preferences isn't likely gonna be appreciated by anyone other than those that share that perspective. Like with your house example a house's design can look marvelous to the majority of the population, but if it's foundation's poorly constructed, then it can fall under the slightest of pressure.

An opinion backed by objective rationale will stand much better from scrutiny than one without, and may even have those that hold a differing opinion come to an understanding.
Post automatically merged:

And yes Wano's writing was objectively poor as fuck.

No, it is not, but as I said there are as much as thread as you want about that specific question so it is useless (ad of topic) debating it there.

Like I said, I think you could understand how not liking the Nika Nika could have a tremendous impact on the overall Wano evaluation.
Of course I can understand but saying that something is wrong "starts" the debate.

Your taste are valid.

As you want.

This was a joke lol

You don't have too as long as you don't assert truth like that one:

I won't go back to the debate as it is not the place. But that's the opposite. A good understanding of storytelling permits us to see that there is something strange with Carrot.

@UncleVan - I'll move this discussion to the Nakama thread if you don't mind.
Cringe :whitepress:

Alright it's time to cut the bullshit.
The Parent/son thematic
Well we're off to a fucking fantastic start. Thankfully ImmaIvanoM already squeezed out some juicy bits out so I'm gonna use other comments made in this thread to substantiate my point. Alright. Here. We. Go.
But actually in that case they are lol.. The unifying link of this arc is Oden. Who act as the catalizers for the notion of "parent". Oden acts as the "parent" that guides Momo, he acts as the "parent" that guides Yamato, he also acts as the "parent" that guides the scabbardbut most of all, he act as the "parent" that guide the revolution ideals and struggle.
What the hell's your definition of a parent because based on this statement you believe that anyone that leads is a parent and that's just asinine. A parent a father or mother. Simple as that. Oden's not a "parent" of Yamato, but Yamato's idol. Oden's not a "parent" of the damn Scabbards. He was their leader. And he certainly was a "parent" of a fucking rebellion. He was a martyr, a cornerstone of their revolution. These are vastly different positions that Oden took on knowingly or unknowingly, none of which plays in the "theme" of parenthood. You just jumbled some crap together and hoped it sounded good. Sadly for you that trick didn't work on me.

Oden was definitely a dad to Momo alright. But how was he as a father? What lessons did he impart on the young samurai? What did Oden do with Momo during his spare time when he wasn't busy? All of this and more can be answered with that we don't fucking know. And this matters because we have no idea how good or bad he was as a father. We don't have even a serviceable perspective on the matter as readers, and as such Oden doesn't showcase the theme of "parenthood" well at all.

I also noticed that you didn't bring up Hiyori, someone that Oden's actually a parent of. I wonder why. Maybe because she's so shit of character that you forgot about her probably. Who knows. Now before I dig deeper into your heap of a comment I'd like to gather more info into what you believe was so great about the theme of the father/child dynamic within Wano as frankly I don't see the so called "greatness" you do. So please enlighten me.

Last edited:
Alright it's time to cut the bullshit.
Cut what BS ? Do you want to think you can teach me something about storytelling here ?

Thankfully ImmaIvanoM already squeezed out some juicy bits out so
Not really no.

Alright. Here. We. Go.
That's gonna be fun.. :milaugh:

What the hell's your definition of a parent because based on this statement you believe that anyone that leads is a parent and that's just asinine.
First problem: Youlack the capacties to extends your knowledge of theme to a broader topic and to look real good at the story.

If you have read Wano, you would understand that the notion of parent is closely related to the notion of leadership. In fact it's not only in Wano but in feudal Japan as well.

Simple as that. Oden's not a "parent" of Yamato, but Yamato's idol.
He is, in the thematic sence. Is the closest to what you can call, a father figure.

Oden's not a "parent" of the damn Scabbards.
You really didn't pay attention, did you ?

But enough of that. really, if you don't understand the thematic of Parent/childrelationship coursing through Wano or even the emperor Saga, which is basically the way Oda creates in "inherited Will" thematic you are simply lost, This is a basic point of storytelling in this Saga and in fact One Piece. I dont have the patience to show you how to analyse a story here, sorry. Even less when you are trying to debunk my "BS".

Sadly for you that trick didn't work on me.
I don't think storytelling really works on you :milaugh:

But now I can understand why some people don't like Wano.. if they are in the incapacity to pay attention to its subtilities, it's logical.

Oden was definitely a dad to Momo alright. But how was he as a father?
oof.. yeah.. Nah I won't even try to reply to that. This is pointless.

Read the freaking story what do you want me to tell you. The impact of Oden as a Dad is all over Momo.

And this matters because we have no idea how good or bad he was as a father
Actually we know, it was a good father, try to read the story, I swear.

I also noticed that you didn't bring up Hiyori
Maybe because she's so shit of character that you forgot about her probably
No. It's the same for Hiyori as for her that thematic is more bourght in with character like Kawamatsu and Denjiro.

So please enlighten me.
I've said enough mate. really, if you don't understand the VERY LITTLE that I already gave you. There is no understanding the rest. At least not now. I suggest a read on storycrafting, maybe someone like Truby could help you understand the importance of philosophical thematics in stories.

Cut what BS ? Do you want to think you can teach me something about storytelling here ?
I mean that depends on if you're even capable of learning in the 1st place. Time will tell.
Not really no.
I mean he got some details from you that weren't shown in your initial comments about themes so it helped me quite a bit. So yes.
That's gonna be fun.. :milaugh:
Indeed it will be. :kidsmile:
First problem: Youlack the capacties to extends your knowledge of theme to a broader topic and to look real good at the story.

If you have read Wano, you would understand that the notion of parent is closely related to the notion of leadership. In fact it's not only in Wano but in feudal Japan as well.
Well duh. Part of being a parent is being a leader of the family. But leadership is a much broader subject than the matter of parenthood as it can encompass things outside of being a parent. You tried to include Oden being a parent is what guided the ideals of the revolters when in actuality it was because of Kozuki Toki's prophecy of the Scabbards returning to take out Kaido gave those outside of the Kozuki family and his Scabbards a reason to hold on to hope.
He is, in the thematic sence. Is the closest to what you can call, a father figure.
That makes no damn sense as Oden would have at least been in the presence of Yamato and be knowledgeable of her existence to be able to be a father figure to her. But as we know Yamato has never met the man Oden, but rather Yamato admired Oden from afar and tried to take his identity. I believe you're confusing a paternal figure with a role model. She could of wished that she had Oden as a father, but Oden never even knew who Yamato even is.
You really didn't pay attention, did you ?

But enough of that. really, if you don't understand the thematic of Parent/childrelationship coursing through Wano or even the emperor Saga, which is basically the way Oda creates in "inherited Will" thematic you are simply lost, This is a basic point of storytelling in this Saga and in fact One Piece. I dont have the patience to show you how to analyse a story here, sorry. Even less when you are trying to debunk my "BS".
OK. You got me on this one as he was a father figure to most of the Scabbards. That's my bad. But beyond Oden being a good father to the Scabbards and his own blood, Wano doesn't really go into the depths of the theme in family beyond Oda showcasing that Kaido's a bad father and Oden's a good father. Such an amazing them indeed.
I don't think storytelling really works on you :milaugh:

But now I can understand why some people don't like Wano.. if they are in the incapacity to pay attention to its subtilities, it's logical.
I mean if understanding writing includes adding crap to make things seem deeper than they actually are then you're correct.
oof.. yeah.. Nah I won't even try to reply to that. This is pointless.

Read the freaking story what do you want me to tell you. The impact of Oden as a Dad is all over Momo.
Looks like someone missed my point. Yes we can see some of Oden in Momo. Yes Momo is envious of his father as unlike Oden he's not courageous and his legacy doesn't even come close to his father. But there's this certain thing that happens before any impact is made on a person and that's called experiences. Experience makes a man. You have skimmed over my questions regarding to the point that we have no damn idea on how Oden raised Momo other than raising him well which is fucking vague. We have no idea on what ideals Oden tried to instill in him or what parenting style Oden used on Momo which could give us the reader a clear picture on specifically WHY he's a good parent.
Actually we know, it was a good father, try to read the story, I swear.
Oh wow. Oden being a good parent. Who could of guessed that, huh? That's not good enough. HOW was he a good father? What mistakes did he make along the way of taking care of Momo in his journey of being a father because he certainly wasn't a perfect father as no one is. Maybe Oden didn't make a lesson clear to his son? Maybe Oden wasn't strict enough with Momo, resulting in Momo picking up bad behaviors like being a complete perv. Frankly here's the thing: we don't have a fucking clue. Oda was attempting to make Oden the coolest guy ever, leaving out the dirty details that would of stained that perfect image, resulting in the theme of parenting be as gaping as a damn puddle as all we got was that good parents are good people and deserve praise and awful parents are awful people and should be punished.
No. It's the same for Hiyori as for her that thematic is more bourght in with character like Kawamatsu and Denjiro.
I mean the only thing Kawamatsu did was take care of her as well has he could and Denjiro became her caretaker after Kawamatsu's lockup and groomed her to become the number 1 whore in Wano. There's not much besides that.
I've said enough mate. really, if you don't understand the VERY LITTLE that I already gave you. There is no understanding the rest. At least not now. I suggest a read on storycrafting, maybe someone like Truby could help you understand the importance of philosophical thematics in stories.
Or maybe you and Oda can actually make the theme of parenting not be shallow as fuck? I'm not gonna read shit from some failed screenplay writer that has a nature documentary be the magnum opus of his career. In fact you should stop reading Truby. It may do a bit of good.

Last edited:
I mean that depends on if you're even capable of learning in the 1st place. Time will tell.
I mean he got some details from you that weren't shown in your initial comments about themes so it helped me quite a bit. So yes.
Indeed it will be. :kidsmile:
1.5 years in.. and people are still thinking they can outplay me in a storytelling battle..
The disrespect I face is incommensurable..

:josad:

Well duh. Part of being a parent is being a leader of the family. But leadership is a much broader subject than the matter of parenthood as it can encompass things outside of being a parent.
Actually the theme that is interesting here is parent/child relationships and not leadership. If we were to talk about leadership in Oden's case it would be in a very negative way. Oden is a very poor leader. We can talk about leadership but this is less important in the scheme of Wano. It much closer to a personnal relationship that Momo entertain with himself rather that his parents.

That makes no damn sense as Oden would have at least been in the presence of Yamato and be knowledgeable of her existence to be able to be a father figure to her.
No. A parent figure is not necessarally someone that is "there". Granted its mostly that, but in the case of Yamato, its not. It's Oden's legacy who play that role and his journal.

Indeed Oden never directly helped Yamato in any way or took care of Yamato. But he did that indirectly.

That's one of the point Oda is trying to make with Yamato. Kaido was never their father figure, Oden, in a sence, was. And no I'm not confusing role model and parent figure, the thing is, in Yamato's case those two concept are mixing together. Oden was never "there" for Yamato but his legacy was the thing that helped Yamato find peace and balance.

The only difference is that Yamato decided to become this personnification.

I mean if understanding writing includes adding crap to make things seem deeper than they actually are then you're correct.
What I'm explaining and what you will see later is not that deep really. It's just perfectly crafted. In fact, now that i've done this, i'm enjoying Wano even more than before.

You have skimmed over my questions regarding to the point that we have no damn idea on how Oden raised Momo other than raising him well which is fucking vague. We have no idea on what ideals Oden tried to instill in him or what parenting style Oden used on Momo which could give us the reader a clear picture on specifically WHY he's a good parent.
But we do actually.. And experience can also make women. The teaching of Oden have been seen and can still be seen through Momo, the Akazaya and Hiyori (even Yamato to some extense). I'm to lazy to search for panel so I'll keep it at that, but no. Oden has been shown raising Momo and hiyori, even thourgh a short period of time, and he was a good father. The values teached are implied.

That's not good enough
That is enough, we had enough. We don't need to have more in the story. We know what was passed on:
- Responsibility
- Character
- Will

I mean the only thing Kawamatsu did was take care of her as well has he could and Denjiro became her caretaker after Kawamatsu's lockup and groomed her to become the number 1 whore in Wano. There's not much besides that.
Beside actual tearfull and good flashbacks.. no indeed.

Or maybe you and Oda can actually make the theme of parenting not be shallow as fuck? I'm not gonna read shit from some failed screenplay writer that has a nature documentary be the magnum opus of his career. In fact you should stop reading Truby. It may do a bit of good.
lol.. I sence anger.

OK. You got me on this one as he was a father figure to most of the Scabbards. That's my bad. But beyond Oden being a good father to the Scabbards and his own blood, Wano doesn't really go into the depths of the theme in family beyond Oda showcasing that Kaido's a bad father and Oden's a good father. Such an amazing them indeed.
That's were you are wrong. And I'm not only uncompassing Wano here, but whole cake as well.

Let me blow your mind a bit : (I hope this will work)

Why do you think Oda decided to bring two Yonko instead of one in the Yonko saga and decided to talk about Zeff/Sanji and Oden/others ?

Literally because the Yonko Saga is the story of abused children confronting their toxic parents!! Their DAD AND their MOM!!

It's ALL OVER the Yonko Saga:

- First Oda developped threads of plots and characters around the thematic of Parent/children relationship:
> Carrot / Pedro
> Sanji / Judge
> Big Mom / Her children (specifically adressing the fact that this was a BIG and toxic relationships in the first introduction of Big Mom)
> Big Mom / Pudding
- The thematic really took a dive with the introduction of the conflict of Sanji regarding is abusive family and father.
- Then Oda created a conflict between Lola and her mother
- Then Oden created a conflict between Pudding and her mother
- Then Oda setup the character of Katakuri that will once again oppose his mother by letting Luffy go.

To create a good philosophical thematic you also need to oppose the toxic behaviors to the good one (in order for the readers to understand your real vision on life)

- This is why Oda opposed the relation of Sanji/Judge to Sanji/Zeff
- This is why Oda made pudding switch side
- This is Why Oda made Oda switch side
- This is why Oda made Katakuri "switch" side.

4 occurence of children, 4 different version of opposition : Lola is completely turning his back on her mother, Sanji made his father cut ties with him, Katakuri is staying for his family and Pudding is staying by fear (that's my interpretation)

I also talked about the relationship between Carrot and Pedro as this is the one instance where Oda, despite putting a good vibe to the relationship, is twisting it to take a tragic path (which mainly lead me to believe that Carrot was supposed to shine because of this)

So that's for Whole cake and the MOM version of an abusive relationship. Take notes that this kind of abuse have mostly an impact on the mental health of the protagonist.. now.. we will see the DAD version of the abusive relationship toward his family.. and this time you will see that the impact of that "relationship" as an effect on everything else.

Just like Big Mom was the leader / queen / parent of totland. Kaido because the Leader / King / Parent of whole cake in the sence that he used fear to assert a certain power over what he believes is his legacy. So, just like Totland:

- First Oda developped the "parent/child" theme of Wano:
> Kaido and his crew, this time it was not a real family but a crew (which in One Piece is similar) or more precisely a wolf pack constituated of hundreds of beast. This time it's like a card game Kaido being the Ace, the "alpha" of the group:
> Akazaya/Momo/Hiyori
> Akazaya/Oden
> Oden/Toki/Momo/Hiyori
> Hiyori/Kawamatsu/Denjiro
> Yamato/Kaido
> Yamato/Oden
> Oden/Sukiyaki
> Tama/Luffy/Ace
> Otoko/Strawhats
> Marco/White Beard
> Even Big Mom/Tama
- Then Oda developped the relationship between Oden and the Akazaya
- Then Oda developped the relationship Momo had the image of his own father status and figure
- Then Oda created developped the relationship between Ace tama and Luffy which is still is the thematic of parent/child relationship
- Then Oda developped two opposite viewpoint of fatherhood, one through Oden and the Akazaya nine and one through Yamato and Kaido
- Then Oda developped Yamato and Momo as two side of the same coin: Two children who were going to oppose their father's wish.
Etc. etc.

In the end...

We are weatnessing a HUGE thematic reflexion around the Parent/child thematic all around the Saga emperor and Luffy and the gang will be the leading factor to the resolution of ALL those conflicts.

All of this is made to push the bright side of the story AND the strawhate, to enhance their status as legends.

Finally in the entirerity of this Yonko Saga, we have witnessed a long list of different vision of the way a child can interact and oppose their family and parents. Sometime they don't oppose them (Kaido's crew) sometimes they are doing what they can but do not really succeed (Pudding) sometimes, they leave (Lola), sometimes they stay to protect their own (katakuri), sometimes they fight back (Yamato)

But in all those instance, Oda showed two side of the principle: A bad side (Big Mom/Kaido/crew and children) and a bright side (Oden/akazaya/Momo/Sanji/Zeff).

And Oda finished that work by saying that sometimes, even when a parent is good, its important to take our own descision. This is why you can see Momo taking the opposite road of his father.

You people are seriously really weird. You hate someone because they like something you don't? Grow the fuck up lmao
They probably hate them because they're disho est or maybe because they have shifty standards either way it's sickening to see people pretend like something is good when it's not. I should know I live in america.