Controversial I hate the admiral candidates, what was Oda thinking?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
To be honest, Fuji was the best character in the second half of the story
It's a pity that he became admiral, he could have been Shogun or something like that instead of Momo:josad:
why do you think that way?

Him being an admiral allows him to be involved in stuff all around the world. If he was the Wano Shogun, it would be hard to build up storylines like his conflicts with "evil marines" like Aramaki and Sakazuki, and a Wano Shogun Issho couldn't be responsible for eliminating the Warlords as an organization.
I don't see how him being an admiral is worse for his character than being Shogun, though Momo is pretty awful and should have been replaced.

Anyway, I like the World Draft. It makes the OP world feel bigger as a whole, there really are just top tiers like Issho and Aramaki hanging around that aren't affiliated with an I just hope he introduces more marines as being drafted from it.

why do you think that way?

Him being an admiral allows him to be involved in stuff all around the world. If he was the Wano Shogun, it would be hard to build up storylines like his conflicts with "evil marines" like Aramaki and Sakazuki, and a Wano Shogun Issho couldn't be responsible for eliminating the Warlords as an organization.
I don't see how him being an admiral is worse for his character than being Shogun, though Momo is pretty awful and should have been replaced.

Anyway, I like the World Draft. It makes the OP world feel bigger as a whole, there really are just top tiers like Issho and Aramaki hanging around that aren't affiliated with an I just hope he introduces more marines as being drafted from it.
As a Yonko fan, I can't support Fuji, I would be more comfortable if he had another position

makes perfect sense

this is not a yonko title that can be attained by literal clowns weaker than Nami

Admiral rank is only about strength. It what lets WG rule the world if their strongest fighters are not at the top of the world strength, they can't rule the world

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Imagine spending 10+ years of grinding in the Marines, waiting to be promoted to Admiral position, just for two hobos picked up by the Navy in the street, to become Admirals instead of you.

Couldn't be me.:pepecroc:
this actually got me thinking.

there must be alot of people who aren't thrilled about Issho and Aramaki becoming admirals.

They are new, and we don't know if they have any experience as generals or leaders.

Also, Issho is the exact opposite of many of the Absolute Justice believers. They won't be happy about his actions and views.

Aramaki's views on the Celestial Dragons will also make him unpopular.

Would be nice if Oda showed a few marines unhappy with their promotion.

this actually got me thinking.

there must be alot of people who aren't thrilled about Issho and Aramaki becoming admirals.

They are new, and we don't know if they have any experience as generals or leaders.

Also, Issho is the exact opposite of many of the Absolute Justice believers. They won't be happy about his actions and views.

Aramaki's views on the Celestial Dragons will also make him unpopular.

Would be nice if Oda showed a few marines unhappy with their promotion.
That would be cool.

We basically would have Akainu faction and Fujitora faction who opposed each other.

Reminds me of Ryofui faction vs Eisei faction where they were fighting for Qin's throne succession.

Well, here's the panel

Not sure why they would send any other personnel other than marines to Alabasta, but it doesn't directly state he was a marine or anything either so perhaps some other branch. Oda kind of just retconned him in.
Yet in the panel smoker literally said 'two years ago' means the conversation between him and fuji happened 2 years after alabasta. Which is Post TS.

Yet in the panel smoker literally said 'two years ago' means the conversation between him and fuji happened 2 years after alabasta. Which is Post TS.
Yeah I think I'm wrong on this, I assumed it was fujitora thinking to himself, especially since it said 'I think the warlords should be disbanded' and he went and did it. But the panels in context show it's smoker.

There's a big jump from being a marine to being an admiral. Being an admiral basically means you can defeat anybody in a Yonkou's crew not counting the yonkou. Maybe letting legendary firetmates like Rayleigh slup through but who knows if Kizaru could beat Rayleigh in his prime. It's at least an extreme diff fight.

I’m sure two served as marines for a long time. noway you can just hop straight into admiral position because you’re strong.

Look at young Garb and Sengoku as marines or Vergo who took years to work his way up the ladder.

Last edited:
Admiral is a position of strength. Not loyalty and duty.

What I hate are the Vice-Admirals quoted for Admiral position.

Momonga would be way better. Or imagine John Giant as Admiral.

By the way Giants are portrayed to be strong as fuck but in reality they are all weak.
All of the vice admirals are too weak to be admirals. Admirals are top tiers. Meanwhile, could Momonga even win against Cracker? We don't know that.

Could the quoted VA's win?

I bet Momonga could. Extreme diff but possibly. Of course I can't properly powerscale Momonga but I feel like he is something else.
Sure, I think Momonga is quite powerful but honestly, admirals cakewalk through high tiers. Vergo was also a powerful vice admiral and PH Law one shot him with his room. There are simply levels between vice admirals and admirals.