Speculations I think Killer will eventually get haoshoku haki

I don’t think Killer having it/getting it is absurd. Killer is clearly meant to be Kidd’s Zoro. Obviously Kidd & Killer are a notch down from Luffy & Zoro but it wouldn’t be surprising if Killer had it. Killer is clearly meant to be a significant vice captain along the lines of Zoro, Beckham, Reliegh, who all likely have it. Not saying he’s going to be as beastly as those guys are but there’s a reason he is the only other non captain supernova and conquerors seems to be a staple among notorious vice captains.

"Overall, given that Kid is built up to be one of the top 3 captains of his generation, I think it only makes sense that his vice captain, Killer, will also have it."
only fault I see here is
law is one of the top 3 captains of this gen
and is showing no signs of having it
think the pk crew is a special case.
Post automatically merged:

Daifuku level characters don't magically unlock CoC
?
killer isnt daifuku level

the rooftop supernova are literally portrayed as the biggest pirates of the next gen.

its not, just because zoro has it. Its because ever great first mate had it. And the manga has portrayed Killer as different from most first mates(at least compared to the supernova),
wrong af.
the rooftop 3 maybe.
kid and killer are basically up there chilling.
killer isn't zoro dude. zoro can legit 1 shot him now.

Did you completely miss Ringo, Udon and Hawkins words?
Or you just can't read?

:watchout:
yeah iread all of that, and i know him and kidd stood against kaido until they couldn't fight anymore, but the kamazo the manslayer plot and how he was willingly serving under orochi and killing people in his name disqualifies him from having CoC.
the other crew members were fine in onigashima raid which means it's just him and kidd that got captured, yet he was the only one who surrendered to the torture. though there's still some details missing so i can't tell for sure.
it seems your the one that missed the part when he tried to kill hiyori because she didn't address orochi by shogun.

yeah iread all of that, and i know him and kidd stood against kaido until they couldn't fight anymore, but the kamazo the manslayer plot and how he was willingly serving under orochi and killing people in his name disqualifies him from having CoC.
the other crew members were fine in onigashima raid which means it's just him and kidd that got captured, yet he was the only one who surrendered to the torture. though there's still some details missing so i can't tell for sure.
it seems your the one that missed the part when he tried to kill hiyori because she didn't address orochi by shogun.
Killer served under Orochi cause that was his only chance to keep Kidd alive, we see it at the start of Onigashima raid. This ain't much different from Zoro deciding to sacrify himself for Luffy back in Thriller Bark.
The rest of the Kidd Pirates were forced to work for Orochi but without eating a SMILE.
The way Killer behaved in Ringo (getting upset cause of Hyori not referring to Orochi with his Shogun nominative) rafforces what was estabilished in Udon: eating a SMILE was an even harder experience for Killer cause was a double traumatic event due to how much he already hated his laugh. Something that pushed him to the point of always wearing a mask to cover it.
I'm not even trying to say he has/will have CoC, I don't know about that, but I can't read that everything Killer showed in Wano up to this point were signs of weakness/submission. The opposite, he showed strenght and a resolute resolve.

Killer barking about Orochi ain't that mich different from Luffy threatening Jimbe to do it after Ace's death.

Last edited:
This ain't much different from Zoro deciding to sacrify himself for Luffy back in Thriller Bark.
there's a big difference between sacrificing your life for your captain and choosing to serve under his enemies command. zoro would never accept a leadership other than luffy's. orochi's bargain was for killer to eat the fruit to save kidd(which is a lie btw, cuz kaido doesn't kill strong people), the servitude is not excused.
The rest of the Kidd Pirates were forced to work for Orochi but without eating a SMILE.
i don't remember reading about that anywhere. hawkins only mentioned kidd and killer, and the reason orochi made only killer eats a smile is because kidd can't eat it cuz he already has a df and kaido needs him alive.
eating a SMILE was an even harder experience for Killer cause was a double traumatic event due to how much he already hated his laugh. Something that pushed him to the point of always wearing a mask to cover it.
i get what you're saying, but wasn't this the whole point behind katakuri's development, about accepting ones insecurities. though in katakuri's case he hid his mouth to protect his younger siblings it came from a position of responsibility, but in killer's case it's for an entirely selfish reason, he masked his face and laugh just so others don't make fun of him it's kinda weak decision if you asked me. katakuri never cared about that.
you can even see that killer is just a follower in the interactions he had with kidd since his reveal till now, he walks behind kidd, and follows his orders almost every time they're on panel, now compare that to luffy and zoro's interactions, they're almost on equal standings but zoro chose to stick to his role as vice captain just because he respects the hierarchy inside the crew.

Killer, King, Sanji,... but what about Yamato instead? She should be the prime suspect (along with Momonosuke if you want), considering she's Kaido's daughter.

there's a big difference between sacrificing your life for your captain and choosing to serve under his enemies command. zoro would never accept a leadership other than luffy's. orochi's bargain was for killer to eat the fruit to save kidd(which is a lie btw, cuz kaido doesn't kill strong people), the servitude is not excused.
We, the readers, know that Kaido wanted to recruit them. Hawkins, who officially entered Kaido's lines, knew it. Killer, who was a prisoner, didn't know this.
He saw a chance to save his Captain and took it, that's all.

don't remember reading about that anywhere. hawkins only mentioned kidd and killer, and the reason orochi made only killer eats a smile is because kidd can't eat it cuz he already has a df and kaido needs him alive.
Hawkins mentioned it to Law, he said: "I feel bad for Kidd's crew. They are forced to do this and that hoping to save their Captain"
Killer happened to be the one who received the worst treatment out of them all.

i get what you're saying, but wasn't this the whole point behind katakuri's development, about accepting ones insecurities. though in katakuri's case he hid his mouth to protect his younger siblings it came from a position of responsibility, but in killer's case it's for an entirely selfish reason, he masked his face and laugh just so others don't make fun of him it's kinda weak decision if you asked me. katakuri never cared about that.
you can even see that killer is just a follower in the interactions he had with kidd since his reveal till now, he walks behind kidd, and follows his orders almost every time they're on panel, now compare that to luffy and zoro's interactions, they're almost on equal standings but zoro chose to stick to his role as vice captain just because he respects the hierarchy inside the crew
We don't know Killer's story, so judging the reasons of his decision to put on the mask isn't fair imo, we should waut for a proper flashback or something like that to really judge Killer as a "weak-minded" person.
Also, Katakuri displayed similar insecurities while still having CoC so...

Again, I'm not even sure that Killer has/will have it, is just that the reason you mentioned are not the right parameters to exclude him from the CoC list.

Oda is building up Kid to be one of the great pirates of the worst generation. As his vice captain, killer should have it imo.

So far, almost every great pirate has shown to have a CoC user serving under them. Roger had Rayleigh, Oden, and Shanks; Whitebeard had Oden and later Ace; Big Mom has katakuri; Luffy has zoro; and Xebec had Big Mom, Kaido, Whitebeard, and possibly Shiki.

Overall, given that Kid is built up to be one of the top 3 captains of his generation, I think it only makes sense that his vice captain, Killer, will also have it. Especially since Killer is a rival of zoro. Yes, I know Zoro is much stronger, but Killer is still a rival in spirit as he's the right hand of Kid(which at the very least, is more of a justification for him to have it than Sanji).
The way I look at it; Luffy= Roger, Kid= Whitebeard, Blackbeard= Xebec. Both Roger and Whitebeard had CoC wielding first mates(oden not marco).

Anyways, I don't think he will get it this arc, albeit Oda could always surprise me. But I wouldn't be surprised if towards the EoS, Luffy runs into the Kid pirates and we see Killer have a CoC clash with Zoro. While Killer might not be the most flashy of the supernova, his portrayal as one of the 5 supernova on the rooftop is a clear indication that there's something special about killer, even amongst the supernova.
:gonope::kuzanope:

I think the story suggests that it is possible to conquer other conquerors. Rocks had at least 3 CoC users serving under him, Roger also had 3.

Remember that Oden technically tagged with the pirates later and Shanks didn't even visibly unlock his CoC at that time most likely so only 2 CoC users were visibly displayed it would seemingly seem probably, Oden the 3rd if we counted him.

So if Yamato was the one to show CoC the numerical statistic would remain, not that's even mandatory anyway :catsweat: