Character Discussion I understand Sanji better than anyone. Ask me about him and ill tell you the 100% truth

Convince me that

EASY
1. Sanji is the most well-written character
2. Sanji is not a pedo

HARD
3. Sanji hating Jinbe is a good thing
4. Diable Jambe makes sense

HELL
5. That he has SEVERAL LAYERS to minimum 3 parts of his character
1. Well-written

Well-written character and well-liked character are different. Good writing simply means that the character has more details explored (thus make them more realistic) and every aspects about them is interlinked properly :

• has strength & has weakness
  • has background story & personality explored
  • has meaningful relationships with many other characters
  • has combat & non combat importance
  • has narrative contribution & progress the story
  • is the most versatile in terms of roles & abilities
  • his personality, abilities, relationship, and goals are all interlinked with each other & has solid explanation
  • and last but not least, can be put into any kind of situation & be paired with any type of character.

2. Not a pedo

OP world is mostly based on Kingdoms. If you bother to look at medieval kingdom's culture, you will see that arranged marriage among nobles or royals when they're 16 is common.

One Piece world, especially BM's kingdom & Germa Kingdom, follow this setting. So Oda choose Pudding to be 16. Not mention their romance story is basing on the fairy-tale's theme. Princess at 16 is common in those legends.

3. Hating Jinbe is good

This is a good thing if you see it for his relationship dynamic. It has variety, thus making his character realistic.

Sanji has someone he adores (Robin Nami), someone he bicker with (Zoro), someone he relate to (pervy Brook), someone he follow (Luffy), and for Jinbe, it's someone he has hard feelings.

4. Diable Jambe

It starts with/from friction (fits his science theme.

It originated from his encounter with ice-based Aokiji (LRLL Arc), inspired by Wanze's flaming skate (Water 7 Arc), and culminate to bypass defense (Enies Lobby Arc).

5. Several layers of 3 Sanji's character/story

- Sanji is a cook
-- They use hand to cook, so Sanji is leg fighter
--- A cook deals with fire, so Sanji has flaming legs
---- A cook must prepare ingredients, so his dream is about a place full of it

- Sanji's dream is All Blue
-- All Blue is a place, so Sanji's focus is movement
--- All Blue's values are underwater, so Sanji's Powerup is Exoskeleton, to help him withstand deep sea pressure

- Sanji shouting to Robin scene
-- It is a character development for him who used to not ask for help
--- It is a character development for Robin who wants his nakama to rely on her
---- It is a payback for Sea Train rescue & parallel to Nami-Kalifa

Oda's SBS answer is him snatched the food & eating it. Volume 80.

Sanji is many thing, but because he's a cook first :

1. Baking a cake that can satisfy Big Mom in shorter amount of time, that also impressed many top level cooks.

2. Turn Pudding.

3. Forgiving his family who treated him harshly, gave him childhood trauma, and endanger his beloved nakama.

He canonically likes to garchu female Minks.

Name a random topic of your choosing & tell me what you think about it. If I have more insight about it than you, then I understand Sanji more 😏
Sanji was the second strongest until the end of skypiea and I have feats and proof to back my opinion.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt

Note :
I write about Sanji ever since Onemanga & Mangatraders era.
I'm both a Sanji & Zoro fan.
I don't really dislike any strawhat except usop but sanji makes it really tough for me to develop sympathy, connection or fondness.
Most of the time he's acting very selfish, non-nakama like and very vengeful.
Below it's confirmed by panel and Oda himself that he literally adds fucking razor blades in zoro's food. Sorry but for me that goes beyond mocking and friendly rivalry. It's purely malevolent, put it as you will. Every sanji fan knows, zoro would JUMP between any threat that goes towards his nakama. Hell he'd jump between sanji's foot and the table if sanji or any other strawhat were about to stub his toe. This razor blade thing is obviously meant to be funny but it's still profoundly disturbing.

Saying that to an officially confirmed nakama (the newest one in a group he barely knows btw). Like what the actual fuck.

Feels vengeful instead of being happy. Again, spreads hate toward the newest in the team. Especially someone who experienced rasicm his whole life. Welcoming? Not really.

No words needed

Not to forget his profoundly intrusive sexually harassing behavior towards anything that has a vagina and his invisibility spycreep fetish dream.

Since you're understanding him best, let me ask you something. Would you feel comfortable with that kind of a guy in your team?

Why Sanji character was destroyed at WCI, again at Wano and now once more at Egghead?
Oda have been doing it in every arc.

Seriously though, WCI acts as a boiling point for every single weakness of Sanji's personality.

So every flaws he has are emphasized & shown in this arc.

This way Oda can properly address it and create a climax for his character development.

Starts at Enies Lobby, climax at WCI, concluded in Onigashima.

Is sanji a tits or an assman?
Tits man.

Proof : when he was in Nami's body, he tried to peek at her boobies instead of booties. Punk Hazard arc.

Can Sanji defeat Jimbo if they fight in sea?
Both on sea and underwater, yes.
In Fishman Island we see that he can heat his legs underwater.
We also see he is as fast as Fishman pre-Exoskeleton.
Exoskeleton itself helps his body to withstand deep sea pressure (proven by Brachiosnake).
This razor blade thing is obviously meant to be funny but it's still profoundly disturbing.

Since you're understanding him best, let me ask you something. Would you feel comfortable with that kind of a guy in your team?
Yes.
Short answer, he isn't actually malicious, and the advantage he brings far outweigh his flaws. In-universe, his saves alone is far more than the other SH.

Like you said, it's meant to be funny. That's the author intention.
Luffy put his nakama in danger many times, but in the end it isn't a bad thing, because of the author's intention that doesn't try to make him like that.

> Razor blade
Oda's main value to convey about Sanji's job as a cook is that he values food, even gave it to enemy. So this razor blade shouldn't be taken into negative context, unless you think Oda backpedals a lot.

> Ecchi
This is a mainstay trope that often occur. There must be someone who is used to act on this trait. If Oda, his editors, and WSJ allows that kind of drawing/character behavior, then I'm fine with it.

> Vengeful & jealous
1. Sanji needs to be related to these traits often, angry, jealous, etc, to symbolize fire (his element).
2. His flame canonically gets stronger the more angry he has (e.g Hell Memories).
3. A dichotomy for Zoro (and now Jimbe too). Zoro is the cool type, and Jinbe is the calm collected type. Thus Sanji is written to be the opposite.

> His words to Jinbe in FI

That scene only has him, Luffy, Nami, and Jinbe.
A scene like that, a confession and conclusion, must have two sides of reaction.

Luffy can't get angry because he doesn't care 99% of the time.
Nami will forgive Jinbe.
Thus, the role of getting angry/disagree goes to Sanji. He acted as a representation for those who feel Nami more/salty about Arlong.

Not to mention, Nami lost her mother because of that (which Sanji relate).

Oda have been doing it in every arc.

Seriously though, WCI acts as a boiling point for every single weakness of Sanji's personality.

So every flaws he has are emphasized & shown in this arc.

This way Oda can properly address it and create a climax for his character development.

Starts at Enies Lobby, climax at WCI, concluded in Onigashima.
It seems you don't even understand what destroying a character means.

Giving him some Ls is not destroying a character. One of Zoro greatest Ws comes for his loss against Kuma. He couldn't win the fight but he made a deal where he could win.

Vergo break Sanji leg but Sanji still got the upper hand after he used DJ and smashed Vergo against the wall.

He was recognized by Doffy as someone strong. As sure Doffy was too much for him just like he was too much for Smoker.

I explicit said the arcs where Sanji has more Ws power wise to sat his character was destroyed. Meaning he isn't acting like he is suppose to in order to have a shitty plot development that goes against all his previous development.

Would he simp for the girlfriend of his friend/bro?
Or does he respect the bro code?
He simps Fullbody's gf. No data for allies.

It seems you don't even understand what destroying a character means.

Giving him some Ls is not destroying a character. One of Zoro greatest Ws comes for his loss against Kuma. He couldn't win the fight but he made a deal where he could win.

Vergo break Sanji leg but Sanji still got the upper hand after he used DJ and smashed Vergo against the wall.

He was recognized by Doffy as someone strong. As sure Doffy was too much for him just like he was too much for Smoker.

I explicit said the arcs where Sanji has more Ws power wise to sat his character was destroyed. Meaning he isn't acting like he is suppose to in order to have a shitty plot development that goes against all his previous development.
Well, if you're talking about the stuff in WCI, Sanji doesn't have any character development regarding that before.

Maybe you're referring to Robin's rescue, Sanji "should've known" that he is someone with worth.

But that didn't happen for his character, Sanji doesn't have any realization about that (Robin scenario).

This is proven in Thriller Bark where he throw his life away to Kuma. He still has self sacrifical tendency and didn't think about himself (his worth). Thriller Bark is after Enies Lobby.

So, Oda didn't backpedal.