I want to leave the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have officially given up on One Piece,and as it is the only reason for me to be a member in this forum,i shouldn't stick here anymore.
The complaints of the fandom about One Piece doing the opposite of growing for the better after Time-Skip are totally true. Every plot point introduced is resolved of a half-ass way and the obstacles in the main characters's way to their objectives are treated like jokes. After the latest chapters,i accepted that nothing good will ever come from this manga anymore.
I am 20 years old,and already mature enough to know that big deceptions are part of life,and that in order of live a happy life,you should let go of deceptions that happen to you and go look for new good things for your life. I won't leave this forum saddened ,because i know that the world is a large place and life never stops,and with time and patience,i may find something that will fulfill the emptiness left on me by the ruination of One Piece.
I wrote this here for everyone to know what happened to me.
Please,someone of the staff,delete my account right now.
@Natalija @Dragomir @AL sama @Van @Bogard @Pantheos @Garp the Fist
Thought this might have been Drizzt for a sec. Adios Levi.

OP getting good, people just too bogged down in their own head canon. Just got to enjoy OP for what it is.
OK listen...thing is that OP is not getting good. Problem is that when you have manga that can be compared to OP in it's mysterious, in fights, characters and story overall. You can't call the way how OP looks now even close to good. There's tons of not needed content, filler content or other that downplay characters. It's ridducules how right now OP is build up. Characters win battles only because their opponents are absolutely dumb. Instead of finding way how outsmart their opponents, instead of fighting on your limits, SH right now is winning in fight case all of their opponents is dumb. Also it didn't help storywise too, case instead of character development everything was skiped, or was done bad, at the very least. So right now One Piece became cartoonish, because only in cartoons for little children characters became dummie-characters. I mean dummie-character has no real personality, no real feelings...it's fake. SO when you have manga and anime that could be compared to One PIece, you can't just say that One Piece is great now. I mean, now One Piece is loosing to itself. This is not about power up discussion, this is discussion about One Piece becaming Joke, Cartoon for little kids. That is the problem. I mean those scenes like Feeding Gin, like Zeff eating his leg, or dr Hirurk blowing himself...that wasn't something cartoonish. Crocodile, Buggy, Kuro, Arlong was much more dangerous that any Wano dummie-villain. The only one villain who was close to be done well is Ulty...she showed for one second some tense moment, but in next page everything turned into circus.
You know even Circus in anime could be done scary, could be done insane...but Wano is DUMB. And because of that, I've got strong feeling that if arc serious like that could became JOKE, than what exactly made you believe that Last Arc wouldn't be a JOKE too?

Zolo

Cope Doctor
OK listen...thing is that OP is not getting good. Problem is that when you have manga that can be compared to OP in it's mysterious, in fights, characters and story overall. You can't call the way how OP looks now even close to good. There's tons of not needed content, filler content or other that downplay characters. It's ridducules how right now OP is build up. Characters win battles only because their opponents are absolutely dumb. Instead of finding way how outsmart their opponents, instead of fighting on your limits, SH right now is winning in fight case all of their opponents is dumb. Also it didn't help storywise too, case instead of character development everything was skiped, or was done bad, at the very least. So right now One Piece became cartoonish, because only in cartoons for little children characters became dummie-characters. I mean dummie-character has no real personality, no real feelings...it's fake. SO when you have manga and anime that could be compared to One PIece, you can't just say that One Piece is great now. I mean, now One Piece is loosing to itself. This is not about power up discussion, this is discussion about One Piece becaming Joke, Cartoon for little kids. That is the problem. I mean those scenes like Feeding Gin, like Zeff eating his leg, or dr Hirurk blowing himself...that wasn't something cartoonish. Crocodile, Buggy, Kuro, Arlong was much more dangerous that any Wano dummie-villain. The only one villain who was close to be done well is Ulty...she showed for one second some tense moment, but in next page everything turned into circus.
You know even Circus in anime could be done scary, could be done insane...but Wano is DUMB. And because of that, I've got strong feeling that if arc serious like that could became JOKE, than what exactly made you believe that Last Arc wouldn't be a JOKE too?
I understand the biggest complaint.... If it was daily series or at least fully weekly it would be good.... I hate that it takes too long to get to certain story point but Lore is amazing

I understand the biggest complaint.... If it was daily series or at least fully weekly it would be good.... I hate that it takes too long to get to certain story point but Lore is amazing
You know I'm reading manga that release 4 times in one year and I call it masterpiece...so you see if Oda just tried to made things right that wouldn't be the case. I mean even in Black Clover we still have there smart villains. There's no need to made characters dumb, or skip scenes. Truth is that Oda didn't care at all right now about quality of his manga. And what is worse here, is the fact that he didn't change anything to good. So it seems that he believe that "with don't give a fuc*" behaviour and shitty writing he will be able to finish One Piece. Someone agree with this...and continue to sing hymns for Oda, but I'm not. I drop series for much lesser problems. I'm going to drop One Piece after Wano arc, if nothing will change(and for now it seems not the case), and I don't know what should happen to prevent me from dropping this series, series that I supporten 10 years of my life, and spend long time in discussion of this series.

Wano arc is definitely oversaturated with unnecessary things, like as you mentioned, characters and filler. However, I can look past these problems because I find the lore, characters and battles entertaining and exciting. Not perfect by any means, but engaging. I'm also unsure what you mean by the opponents being 'dumb.' Antagonists like Doffy and Katakuri and definitely not 'dumb,' although I can't really make the same argument for Big Mom. Also, I'm a bit confused when you mention OP as being 'cartoonish.' OP has always been cartoonish, unless you mean something else? In fact, the target audience for OP has always been your children/teenagers as it a shounen, so I'm not sure what your expectations overall are; considering how OP at least in atmosphere, hasn't changed too significantly between pre/post time skip. I do wish Kaido, as the main antagonist of Wano, was more fleshed out but I'm sure Oda will (hopefully) fill in the necessary lore for Kaido's backstory in time.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
You know I'm reading manga that release 4 times in one year and I call it masterpiece...so you see if Oda just tried to made things right that wouldn't be the case. I mean even in Black Clover we still have there smart villains. There's no need to made characters dumb, or skip scenes. Truth is that Oda didn't care at all right now about quality of his manga. And what is worse here, is the fact that he didn't change anything to good. So it seems that he believe that "with don't give a fuc*" behaviour and shitty writing he will be able to finish One Piece. Someone agree with this...and continue to sing hymns for Oda, but I'm not. I drop series for much lesser problems. I'm going to drop One Piece after Wano arc, if nothing will change(and for now it seems not the case), and I don't know what should happen to prevent me from dropping this series, series that I supporten 10 years of my life, and spend long time in discussion of this series.
I believe quality is at its best

Status
Not open for further replies.