Speculations I was wrong about Shanks's sword

Wasn't Shanks just supposed to be someone random at first, then because he was popular, Oda made him more relevant?
no ... Shanks was ALWAYS one of original characters of Oda and in first draft of once piece he was hailed as a Great Pirate

in fact at first Oda didn't want us to be aware of Shanks THAT early in the story cause he was too important to show up in first chapter
Post automatically merged:

If Shanks is Roger's inheritor of sword - will - strength - fight style - powerlevel etc, it would put me off imo, i like originality so i hope Shanks has originality and uniqueness in fighting style at least.
they are both master of all 3 Haki and swordsman

but maybe Shanks have different sword base fight like Ashura ....

I guess Shanks should be a better sword master than Roger

but it's HIGHLT likely both use same fight style

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
no ... Shanks was ALWAYS one of original characters of Oda and in first draft of once piece he was hailed as a Great Pirate

in fact at first Oda didn't want us to be aware of Shanks THAT early in the story cause he was too important to show up in first chapter
Post automatically merged:

they are both master of all 3 Haki and swordsman

but maybe Shanks have different sword base fight like Ashura ....

I guess Shanks should be a better sword master than Roger

but it's HIGHLT likely both use same fight style
Many thanks.
If that's the case, I'm convinced that the design changes are simply design changes.
Dude got Roger's hat and sword. Shanks is gonna have a flashback at some point, and it will probably be awesome to read, like WB and Roger parts were during Oden's.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
we call him Haki God cause of his CoC :cheers:

p,s
there is no shame if Shanks can't do what even Roger couldn't. sadly he can't be best in everything
but why they weren't able need an explanation ...
Its more a dig at those who say oden did 99 percent of the work to make enma black so its not an achievement when zoro does it.
If both shanks and roger had the same sword for likely 50 years together then length of time is not a factor and when zoro does it it has nothing to do with oden.

Its more a dig at those who say oden did 99 percent of the work to make enma black so its not an achievement when zoro does it.
If both shanks and roger had the same sword for likely 50 years together then length of time is not a factor and when zoro does it it has nothing to do with oden.
never thought about that Enma thing ... but sure ...
Oda didn't do "Blade Blades" justice .... he half explained them ....

he can give Yuru - the best blade- and Mihawk getting it a damn well backstory ... we need to see it, it's too good

HA001

never thought about that Enma thing ... but sure ...
Oda didn't do "Blade Blades" justice .... he half explained them ....

he can give Yuru - the best blade- and Mihawk getting it a damn well backstory ... we need to see it, it's too good
The worst thing about mihawk and shanks is after 1000 chapters we have STILL not seen their battle history. We have more named moves from gold fuckin roger than either of them. Heck we will probably see xebec fight properly before we see either of them.

It seems to me that Shanks uses at least 2 swords which he switches occasionally. Because the design changes are to frequent.

In chapter 434, Shanks' sword has one design (A)
In chapter 552 (Ace flashback) Shanks' sword is designed differently (B)
In chapter 579, Shanks' sword is back to design (A)
In chapter chapter 838 (post TS) in the cover, Shanks sword is yet again changed into design (B)

Doesn't make much sense to me to change it back and forth multiple times within such a short time span. When the weapons of others (Whitebeard, Mihawk, etc.) have been exactly the same. Always.

HA001

It seems to me that Shanks uses at least 2 swords which he switches occasionally. Because the design changes are to frequent.

In chapter 434, Shanks' sword has one design (A)
In chapter 552 (Ace flashback) Shanks' sword is designed differently (B)
In chapter 579, Shanks' sword is back to design (A)
In chapter chapter 838 (post TS) in the cover, Shanks sword is yet again changed into design (B)

Doesn't make much sense to me to change it back and forth multiple times within such a short time span. When the weapons of others (Whitebeard, Mihawk, etc.) have been exactly the same. Always.
All thats pre skip though. The design stays roughly the same with a few colour alterations. Oda even named it gryphon from early on. Which will probably be rogers. Regardless his post skip sword and rogers are the same.