Ichibe Hyousube
Head of the Zero Division
“Monk Who Calls The Real Name”

VS

Genryusai Yamamoto
Former Head of the 1st Division
Former Head of the Gotei 13

All abilities allowed, no restrictions.

I think Ichibe would win, considering the fact that he was considered the greater threat to Yhwach and his hax shikai and bankai would overcome anything Yamamoto has to offer imo. Will leave more thoughts later.

@TheAncientCenturion @ZenZu @Jiihad @Edward Teach @playa4321 @Jo_Ndule and everyone else.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ichibe Hyousube wins this for me. He's on an entirely different class compared to even Yamamoto. One of the Kido he used against Yhwach sent him 1,000 Ri (2,400 miles) away and he instantly appeared after Yhwach IIRC. His speed and power without going into his Zanpakuto is intense. Not to say Yamamoto isn't, he beat an Espada tier character with his bare hands lol.

Looking at Ichibe's Zanpakuto abilities emphasizes the difference between them. Without in Shikai, he is able to effectively depower anything he cuts in half. Meaning, if he clashes with Yamamoto's zanpakuto, Yamamoto's power is now half of what it was. Same with limbs, body, et cetera. In Shikai, he straight up takes away the ability to use abilities. You lose your name, you're effectively powerless. His ultimate Shikai ability basically erases you. Bankai, which really is a bit of a let down and won't work on any non-God Tier opponent, let's him set Yama's power level to anything Ichibe desires.

The only way I see Yamamoto surviving or possibly winning is by using his Bankai's West ability to center the Sun's temperature around him. It might protect him from Ichibe's attacks lol, but I don't think Yamamoto is landing a blow on Ichibe nor do I think his other Bankai abilities will lend him much in the way of victory. Kido is useless against Ichibe as well, all things considering.

Can't see Yamamoto pushing Ichibe past Shikai.

Ichibe stomps the living shit out of Yamamoto

Ichibe is labeled as the "Godfather of Soul Society" , "the man who named every Zanpakuto" and "the leader of every single Shinigami". he is over 100 000 000 years old, while Yamamoto is only 2000. we are talking about the man whose wisdom only made Yhwach consider him a war potential.

Ichibe's power is not merely Ink, it's everything BLACK. and his range is planetary, as he managed to absorb blackness from a black salamander, dead shinigami clothes, Quincy black boots. and all of them were in a different realm. not to say that he can also bypass time-space by absorbing black from literally 100 nights of 100 years of soul society. enough blackness to crush anything to nothingness. Yhwach had to literally rewrite history to survive that.

Ichimonji one shots Yamamoto with this :

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ichibe stomps the living shit out of Yamamoto

Ichibe is labeled as the "Godfather of Soul Society" , "the man who named every Zanpakuto" and "the leader of every single Shinigami". he is over 100 000 000 years old, while Yamamoto is only 2000. we are talking about the man whose wisdom only made Yhwach consider him a war potential.

Ichibe's power is not merely Ink, it's everything BLACK. and his range is planetary, as he managed to absorb blackness from a black salamander, dead shinigami clothes, Quincy black boots. and all of them were in a different realm. not to say that he can also bypass time-space by absorbing black from literally 100 nights of 100 years of soul society. enough blackness to crush anything to nothingness. Yhwach had to literally rewrite history to survive that.

Ichimonji one shots Yamamoto with this :

Ichibe would've been a fantastic final villain tbh. His powers are OP as fuck but still makes me sense than the Almighty. And he is way more intimidating than any other character.

H

Haoshoku

By portrayal this should already be obvious.
One is leader of Royal Guard. One is leader of Gotei 13.

Royal Guard > Gotei 13. Only selected Gotei 13 can join Royal Guard.
That makes it Ichibei > Yamamoto.
As obvious as it is, I’ve seen people argue otherwise before but yeah not even getting into the abilities, even further portrayal via Yhwach favors Ichibe over Yamamoto:

But yeah looks like everyone here is in agreement, I was expecting otherwise :pepeke:

Ichibe would've been a fantastic final villain tbh. His powers are OP as fuck but still makes me sense than the Almighty. And he is way more intimidating than any other character.
Even after getting killed he can still talk to Ichigo's mind. he can even survive death by just calling out his name and your throat gets crushed automatically if you badmouthed him. that maufucka was op as hell Kubo had to get rid of him early for Yhwach to fight Ichigo. Ichibe was my favorite so far in the series. ( i mainly liked Urouge because he was a monk like Ichibe, shocking truth i know lol )

He is indeed evil though, but not an antagonist. in the latest Novel it was stated that he originally wanted to cut Ichigo's limbs and replace him with the Soul King. lol :milaugh:

The only reason he was downed is because Yhwach created a new history where he used Ichibei's spell against him :

Based asf character :finally:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Even after getting killed he can still talk to Ichigo's mind. he can even survive death by just calling out his name and your throat gets crushed automatically if you badmouthed him. that maufucka was op as hell Kubo had to get rid of him early for Yhwach to fight Ichigo. Ichibe was my favorite so far in the series. ( i mainly liked Urouge because he was a monk like Ichibe, shocking truth i know lol )

He is indeed evil though, but not an antagonist. in the latest Novel it was stated that he originally wanted to cut Ichigo's limbs and replace him with the Soul King. lol :milaugh:

The only reason he was downed is because Yhwach created a new history where he used Ichibei's spell against him :

CFYOW and the Original Sin of the Five Noble Families really makes me upset we didn't get more about Bleach. The Sternritter were cool, but having the final arc be focusing on the internal issues that keeps making threats like Ywhach and Aizen (And the 8th Kenpachi) pop up would've been the best. And yeah, the fact Ichibe and Shunsui planned to cut Ichigo apart and use him as the Soul King is dark as fuck and I wish it was better explored in the manga.

But tbh his design looks like a joke after we have the likes of Aizen, Gin, Grimmjhow, and Ulquiorra.
His design isn't bad lol. It's not like Pepe or anything. I don't think Aizen — sole exception being Chair-sama Aizen — had a great design. Gin? Sure. Ulquiorra and Grimmjobber were middling.

H

Haoshoku

Lmao don’t forget to mention the talk to hand bitch shit lmao and the fact that it sends you a ridiculous 1000ri away:
1000 ri = 2440 miles, thats insane.

His design isn't bad lol. It's not like Pepe or anything. I don't think Aizen — sole exception being Chair-sama Aizen — had a great design. Gin? Sure. Ulquiorra and Grimmjobber were middling.
Never really find Ulquiorra and Grimmjhow's design to be great as well, just they are both pretty boys or good looking characters.

And imo Bleach is similar to Inuyasha, in which the pretty boys or "good" looking characters are often portrayed to be stronger / more relevant than the ugly or funny looking ones.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yammamoto was still called the most powerful shinigami is Soul Society. Juha Bach even had to play dirty to beat Yammamoto and not Ichibei.

The portryal is pretty straight forward here.

H

Haoshoku

Yammamoto was still called the most powerful shinigami is Soul Society. Juha Bach even had to play dirty to beat Yammamoto and not Ichibei.

The portryal is pretty straight forward here.
He said no Shinigami born in the last 1000 years is stronger than him, Ichibe is exempt from that. Ichibe forced Yhwach to release the Almighty while Yama did not.

Yammamoto was still called the most powerful shinigami is Soul Society.
Not really sure whether Soul King's realm is still can be classified as part of Soul Society or not.

The thing is, if Yamamoto's Bankai could truly beat Ichibe, Yhwach could have used it against Ichibe. but Yhwach resorted to using power stealing abilities and special spells to take control of Ichimonji instead.
Imo this can be actually argued as PIS.
Yhwach stole Yama's bankai and that's it, iirc he never really actually used it against anyone.
I was hoping he would use it against Kyoraku or someone with deep relationship with the undead. Imagine Kyoraku's reaction when he must face the undead version of Yamamoto.

P.s.
My memory of Bleach is vague atm I could confuse some things here and there.

H

Haoshoku

Not really sure whether Soul King's realm is still can be classified as part of Soul Society or not.

Imo this can be actually argued as PIS.
Yhwach stole Yama's bankai and that's it, iirc he never really actually used it against anyone.
I was hoping he would use it against Kyoraku or someone with deep relationship with the undead. Imagine Kyoraku's reaction when he must face the undead version of Yamamoto.

P.s.
My memory of Bleach is vague atm I could confuse some things here and there.
Yhwach can technically also use the abilities of the Sternritter he took his power back from via Auswahlen. Of course he doesn’t use all of these abilities because the mans would literally be impossible to stop. Kubo wrote himself to a corner with Yhwach having the Almighty alone lmao, imagine him trying to explain how some characters will overcome that on top of Yama’s bankai and other Sternritter’s abilities. But yeah Yama’s Bankai would still be very useful.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Still torn. Yamamoto beat Yhwach 1000 years ago and didn't even think of facing him head on. Yhwach was never forced to use the Almighty cause he already had a plan to take out Yama.

With Ichibei, Yhwach had no plan and came at him head on. It's just a battle of busted bullshit.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
Imma go Ichibei hea tbh. His Shikako and Bankai are retarded. Also, even tho Old Man Yama said no Shinigami born on tha last 1000 years is stronger than him. Ichibei(iirc) is older than him, since he was tha one who named tha Zanpaktous if memory serves. Add in tha Yhwach had Ichibei as one of his special War time Powers and had Yama exempt from tha list, is telling to an extent. But, with that said. That’s not a completely solid point of reference. Since Kenpachi and Unohana are on there as well as Kyoraku. And Yama is stronger than both

Seeing the 5 war threats by Yhwach's list, this makes me thinking that EoS Kenpachi has surpassed EoS Yamamoto (which is weaker than his prime version who defeated Yhwach, growing old and became crippled).

But EoS Kenpachi vs Prime Yamamoto?